Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN 14:04 - Sep 28 with 11730 viewsEdindale

Hoping for entertainment and a good home win.
Important that we don't underestimate them.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 527 viewsDale_4_Life

I am a lot closer to the TS theory than the other mindset of we are at the start of a 3 year run at promotion.

This league there is nothing in it. Find the home key and we will have one hell of a shout of promotion this year. Maybe years 2 and 3 could see a runaway money bags.

TS struck a chord with me when he stated in another post on another thread that 3 examples / templates of how to get out of this league can be seen with the Stockport Wrexham and Chesterfield approach. They put the foot on the throats of opponents at Home and ran out comfortable winners by several goals week in week out.

I am totally with Big Jim (100% behind him) and I think he is doing a great job for us, it would be a shame for him and the team to bogged down with complications that are unnecessary. Play to our strengths facing forwards and let the opposition worry about our guns that blaze not get checkmated because we forgot our king was left exposed.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 15:44 - Oct 1 with 449 viewsJames1980

The year one football target for the 3 year plan is to achieve a playoff spot.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 16:06 - Oct 1 with 376 viewsDalenet

TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 07:17 - Oct 1 by NigelWatson

Jim is doing an excellent job. All things considered, the crowds are excellent.
There is no future in playing 'Gerrit forward' football for a handful of clueless, elderly dinosaurs, who never played a game a competitive football in their lives

What a load of rollocks. But you have always been blinkered. One of the serious posts on this thread is from somebody who played semi pro for years. He will know more about it than most and I respect his judgement over yours anyday of the week. Just because we have new owners doesn't mean we have open chequebooks. We need to entertain the crowd and start to build on the 2500 we have today.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 16:11 - Oct 1 with 349 viewsDalenet

TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 07:18 - Oct 1 by James1980

Haven't the new players, to a man, in their introduction interviews, mentioned the way JM likes to play, as one of the reasons for signing?

To be fair James, I have never heard a new signing saying he came here because he was desperate and he didn't give a toss about the manager, the club or the fans. What else would they say? I don't think anybody is saying we shouldn't play out from the back and play it on the floor, but we are concerned that the tactics at home and away are different and our home form ultimately drives our financial stability and whether we are in the play-offs or not. That is all.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 17:14 - Oct 1 with 200 viewsDale_4_Life

The playing out sensibly from the back is something here to stay (for now until Pep tries something new). We do this quite well and I can see some advantages.

Its the drilling of the ball to a defensive midfielder on the edge of our own box with at least two opposition forwards on his shoulder that i will never buy into!.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 17:33 - Oct 1 with 138 viewswheniwasyourage

TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 07:17 - Oct 1 by NigelWatson

Jim is doing an excellent job. All things considered, the crowds are excellent.
There is no future in playing 'Gerrit forward' football for a handful of clueless, elderly dinosaurs, who never played a game a competitive football in their lives

a duck is actually a dinosaur, I had duck for dinner last night, imagine that, I was actually eating a dinosaur - Tesco meal deal....

just thought I'd share that with the group.
TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 18:06 - Oct 1 with 52 views442Dale

TODAY V BRAINTREE TOWN on 17:14 - Oct 1 by Dale_4_Life

The playing out sensibly from the back is something here to stay (for now until Pep tries something new). We do this quite well and I can see some advantages.

Its the drilling of the ball to a defensive midfielder on the edge of our own box with at least two opposition forwards on his shoulder that i will never buy into!.

I’d agree with that in simplistic terms. We either accept how the manager prefers to play whilst acknowledging the shortcomings of not being varied enough when they sit in or identify someone else who can do better. He won’t change his overall philosophy but I do believe he is open to changing how that’s employed in different ways, and that he should try and be more effective at that.

If he was completely stuck to one tactic we wouldn’t have the good displays, nor would we have seen the performances that fell short like the last two home games and York away. By all accounts we played well at Eastleigh going forward but couldn’t defend. This is football.

Football has changed and we don’t all like it. But Jim McNulty won’t.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024