Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players 16:34 - Jan 11 with 2198 viewsFerdy

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/transfer-specials/t10003041.html?dcmp=ss_

My word that is remarkable!

Steven Pieanar would surely be a decent loan signing. Hadn't thought of him. There has also been a bit of backing of Zamora today apparently.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:40 - Jan 11 with 2143 viewsHayesender

Favourites for Samba

2nd favourites for Tevez

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:53 - Jan 11 with 2076 viewsIrishqpr

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:40 - Jan 11 by Hayesender

Favourites for Samba

2nd favourites for Tevez

3rd facs for Tevez after the two Milan clubs.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:56 - Jan 11 with 2054 viewsMetallica_Hoop

1/3 for Onhoura. Interesting.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:57 - Jan 11 with 2041 viewsHayesender

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:53 - Jan 11 by Irishqpr

3rd facs for Tevez after the two Milan clubs.

I'm sure he will choose W12 ahead of those shiteholes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:59 - Jan 11 with 2028 viewsTheBlob

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:57 - Jan 11 by Hayesender

Went to Upton Park remember - playing in an open sewer is better than that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:59 - Jan 11 with 2026 viewsIrishqpr

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:57 - Jan 11 by Hayesender

Agree, Milan is a complete dive.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:06 - Jan 11 with 1993 viewsadhoc_qpr

Tevez justs goes where he is told to by Kia Joorabchian doesn't he?

Maybe we can persuade Joorabchian/Man City to loan Tevez to us for free until summer so that he can play for us against all their title rivals!
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:45 - Jan 11 with 1856 viewsthame_hoops

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 16:59 - Jan 11 by Irishqpr

Agree, Milan is a complete dive.

In all seriousness Milan is a dive.
Login to get fewer ads

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 1823 viewsNorthernr

As I wrote extensively and repeatedly last January I think betting markets on player transfers is just about the most corrupt thing going in football betting at the moment. Firstly there doesn't have to be an outcome, secondly there's no quality control and thirdly football fans are stupid enough to swallow anything they're told.

So Sky Sports News can say today that we're possibly going to sign Roque Santa Cruz. Their reasoning for this would probably be nothing more than the fact Hughes has bought him twice before. Hughes may now actually think that RSC is well past his best and earning far too much for us to consider him. Nevertheless they can just stick "Sky Sports understands..." on the front of it and the seed is sewn. Then they could maybe say that QPR may possibly be rivalled for his signature by Bolton and Newcastle, one keen to sign a striker with Ba away at ACN and the other just desperate full stop. And suddenly we have a market, with absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever, for you to bet on.

Then of course people look at these markets and start threads like this. Ooh look we're favourites to sign Roque Santa Cruz, well my mate owns a Chinese in Bolton and he said he was in there last night for chicken and fried rice so I reckon he's going there.

From Sky's point of view it's about as corrupt as it gets. Make something up, use your position as the premier sports broadcaster to give it some credence, and then watch the money role in.

From a punter's point of view, rather than getting involved in this why not just come round my gaff and I'll sit and make up fcking nonsense for you all night long and you can just give me a score every now and again.

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:57 - Jan 11 with 1809 viewsNorthernr

further ranting on this topic

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1388
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 18:01 - Jan 11 with 1786 viewsWatfordR

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:56 - Jan 11 by Northernr

As I wrote extensively and repeatedly last January I think betting markets on player transfers is just about the most corrupt thing going in football betting at the moment. Firstly there doesn't have to be an outcome, secondly there's no quality control and thirdly football fans are stupid enough to swallow anything they're told.

So Sky Sports News can say today that we're possibly going to sign Roque Santa Cruz. Their reasoning for this would probably be nothing more than the fact Hughes has bought him twice before. Hughes may now actually think that RSC is well past his best and earning far too much for us to consider him. Nevertheless they can just stick "Sky Sports understands..." on the front of it and the seed is sewn. Then they could maybe say that QPR may possibly be rivalled for his signature by Bolton and Newcastle, one keen to sign a striker with Ba away at ACN and the other just desperate full stop. And suddenly we have a market, with absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever, for you to bet on.

Then of course people look at these markets and start threads like this. Ooh look we're favourites to sign Roque Santa Cruz, well my mate owns a Chinese in Bolton and he said he was in there last night for chicken and fried rice so I reckon he's going there.

From Sky's point of view it's about as corrupt as it gets. Make something up, use your position as the premier sports broadcaster to give it some credence, and then watch the money role in.

From a punter's point of view, rather than getting involved in this why not just come round my gaff and I'll sit and make up fcking nonsense for you all night long and you can just give me a score every now and again.

I thought MYU said you got at least a score every time someone posted on here anyway?

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 1677 viewsytt28

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 17:56 - Jan 11 by Northernr

What an absolutely brilliant rant!
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 20:16 - Jan 11 with 1558 viewsgobbles

Don't knock it. After I had been told on Sunday that Hughes had already agreed to the job, some nomark on radio apparently said that Zola might get it (presumably only on the basis that Fernandes is a fan) and for 5 glorious minutes that price with Skybet on Hughes went out to 6/4.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 12:59 - Jan 12 with 1299 viewsNorthernr

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 18:01 - Jan 11 by WatfordR

I thought MYU said you got at least a score every time someone posted on here anyway?

If MYU was right (ever, about anything) I'd be able to retire after this week. At some point today we'll pass half a million page impressions on the site since Sunday lunchtime.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:02 - Jan 12 with 1272 viewsranger99

even if tevez did join us it would take him the rest of the season to get fit
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:09 - Jan 12 with 1232 viewswestolian

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:02 - Jan 12 by ranger99

Have you not read all of Clive's posts ??

Remember, if you were joking you HAVE to enter a laughy smiley - its the law !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:10 - Jan 12 with 1223 viewsHarlesdon

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:02 - Jan 12 by ranger99

Best not sign him then.

Well said, Clive.

Surely the only people who bet on these markets are people with insider knowledge. Which makes it even more corrupt.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:11 - Jan 12 with 1217 viewsade_qpr

on those odds does that mean the Premier League will increase to 22 teams so Man City can put their 3 squads in?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:34 - Jan 12 with 1160 viewsRangersAreBack

I'm always wary of skybet as Sky can indirectly affect activity through SSN.
Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 14:37 - Jan 12 with 1090 viewsballbag

This was just posted on Sky Sports' transfer clockwatch:

f1_leeroy:
I only suggested that hoilett would be a good signing for spurs, now skybet have cut their odds on it happening! #transferwindow [via Twitter]

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 1079 viewsTheBlob

"why not just come round my gaff and I'll sit and make up fcking nonsense for you all night long and you can just give me a score every now and again."

No change there then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 14:46 - Jan 12 with 1053 viewsTW_R

Bookies are offering odds on us for 9 different players on 13:10 - Jan 12 by Harlesdon

Best not sign him then.

Well said, Clive.

Surely the only people who bet on these markets are people with insider knowledge. Which makes it even more corrupt.

Would be interesting to know how many betting syndicates in the Far East knew of Warnock being sacked and Hughes being appointed long before anywhere else!?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024