Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game Off 15:46 - Feb 10 with 2041 viewssuc

Just announced
Game Off on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 1992 viewsgeorgedale

The club have took the piss - should of just been honest and told us that they didn't even put the covers down - the game was off Monday?
Game Off on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 1887 views442Dale

What does the groundsman say on Daleplayer?

The lack of communication is indeed poor, if somewhat predictable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game Off on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 1864 viewsTrue_blue

Game Off on 15:54 - Feb 10 by georgedale

The club have took the piss - should of just been honest and told us that they didn't even put the covers down - the game was off Monday?

shut up fu**ing moaning! 'the game was off monday' the temperatures could of risen during the week and made it playable but they didn't.. give the club a rest
Game Off on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 1868 viewsColDale

Ive a bit of sympathy with the club here. Common sense would say that the game was always going to be off from the cold spell of a week ago, coupled with a forecast that was never gonna have any significant time above freezing. It would have looked tinpot in the extreme to have announced the game was off with four or five days to go before the game, but I'd imagine there would have been a dozen clubs who could have done exactly the same. At the very least, the club have to appear to be giving it every opportunity of being on even though they knew there was next to know chance.
Game Off on 16:47 - Feb 10 with 1840 viewspnc4eva1

I blame steve eyre

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Game Off on 16:59 - Feb 10 with 1797 views442Dale

Game Off on 16:42 - Feb 10 by ColDale

Ive a bit of sympathy with the club here. Common sense would say that the game was always going to be off from the cold spell of a week ago, coupled with a forecast that was never gonna have any significant time above freezing. It would have looked tinpot in the extreme to have announced the game was off with four or five days to go before the game, but I'd imagine there would have been a dozen clubs who could have done exactly the same. At the very least, the club have to appear to be giving it every opportunity of being on even though they knew there was next to know chance.

It was always likely to be off once the warmer/heavy rain forecast for Friday changed midweek. This doesn't mean they shouldn't follow a process wherein there are daily updates and people are informed as much as possible. If nothing else it'll stop the debates about whether covers are/aren't down and what potential plans there are to request help. It gives fans a bit of warning and might get a few more down if they're informed that it *might* be necessary.

Again, this makes no difference to the game being off but is everything done as well as it could be?

We'd only have had a chance with the recent weather if proper covers were in place ahead of the cold weather.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Game Off on 17:07 - Feb 10 with 1760 viewsD_Alien

Game Off on 16:59 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

It was always likely to be off once the warmer/heavy rain forecast for Friday changed midweek. This doesn't mean they shouldn't follow a process wherein there are daily updates and people are informed as much as possible. If nothing else it'll stop the debates about whether covers are/aren't down and what potential plans there are to request help. It gives fans a bit of warning and might get a few more down if they're informed that it *might* be necessary.

Again, this makes no difference to the game being off but is everything done as well as it could be?

We'd only have had a chance with the recent weather if proper covers were in place ahead of the cold weather.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I couldn't agree more 442, but I suspect the 2-game ticket deal might have had something to do with the lack of information - although the club don't normally need an excuse!!

If true, they couldn't be more wrong-headed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game Off on 17:25 - Feb 10 with 1720 viewsfermin

Game Off on 17:07 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

I couldn't agree more 442, but I suspect the 2-game ticket deal might have had something to do with the lack of information - although the club don't normally need an excuse!!

If true, they couldn't be more wrong-headed.

In his interview on Dale Player the groundsman says there was very little he could do with overnight temperature being -4 or -5 overnight for the last week or so. The game next week could also be in danger unless temperatures rise to about +4 for a while to allow a thaw. He added that other local clubs (Preston, Bury) were in the same position and more creative solutions would have had little effect e.g. Charlton with their hot air blowers last week.
Login to get fewer ads

Game Off on 17:45 - Feb 10 with 1691 views442Dale

Game Off on 17:25 - Feb 10 by fermin

In his interview on Dale Player the groundsman says there was very little he could do with overnight temperature being -4 or -5 overnight for the last week or so. The game next week could also be in danger unless temperatures rise to about +4 for a while to allow a thaw. He added that other local clubs (Preston, Bury) were in the same position and more creative solutions would have had little effect e.g. Charlton with their hot air blowers last week.

But frost covers which cover to extreme temperatures presumably do work?

Prevention rather than cure and all that.

Game Off on 17:59 - Feb 10 with 1653 viewsdalenumber2

Game Off on 16:42 - Feb 10 by ColDale

"next to know chance" - think someone is ready for half term and a battery recharge!
Game Off on 18:56 - Feb 10 with 1564 viewsgeorgedale

Game Off on 16:42 - Feb 10 by True_blue

shut up fu**ing moaning! 'the game was off monday' the temperatures could of risen during the week and made it playable but they didn't.. give the club a rest

Even you True_Blue aren't that thick, to see the temp was going any higher the 2 degrees in the day and always dropping to -4/-5 at night, so dont tell me that the game wasn't off on Monday. D**K
Game Off on 19:02 - Feb 10 with 1551 viewssandylaner1

Game Off on 18:56 - Feb 10 by georgedale

Even you True_Blue aren't that thick, to see the temp was going any higher the 2 degrees in the day and always dropping to -4/-5 at night, so dont tell me that the game wasn't off on Monday. D**K

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

troll.
Game Off on 19:14 - Feb 10 with 1536 viewsNerazzurri

I'm failing to see the problem here. This game was always going to be off given the weather over the past couple of weeks. Despite what George is saying the covers were down but obviously are not good enough to keep out a sustained frost. It's not like we have announced it as off at 14:55 tomorrow afternoon. (Or evening if you prefer! )

Forza Nerazzurri

Game Off on 19:33 - Feb 10 with 1504 views442Dale

Game Off on 19:14 - Feb 10 by Nerazzurri

I'm failing to see the problem here. This game was always going to be off given the weather over the past couple of weeks. Despite what George is saying the covers were down but obviously are not good enough to keep out a sustained frost. It's not like we have announced it as off at 14:55 tomorrow afternoon. (Or evening if you prefer! )

Agree with most of that. But what processes are followed to keep fans informed/educated about the situation?

Game Off on 20:05 - Feb 10 with 1462 viewspnc4eva1

Even undersoil heating struggles with these temperatures. However, despite originally blaming Steve Eyre I would now like to blame Joey Thompson as well

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Game Off on 20:11 - Feb 10 with 1456 viewsG_Dale

The game is called off around 24 hours before kick off. I don't see a problem. I've got a season ticket so didn't buy any advanced tickets though

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Game Off on 21:39 - Feb 10 with 1395 viewsFrog

I blame the weather
Game Off on 22:02 - Feb 10 with 1382 viewsDoris

Game Off on 19:14 - Feb 10 by Nerazzurri

You sure the covers were down ,didnt look like that to me this afternoon cos all i saw was grass beneath the snow.
Game Off on 22:11 - Feb 10 with 1371 viewsSFD

Game Off on 22:02 - Feb 10 by Doris

You sure the covers were down ,didnt look like that to me this afternoon cos all i saw was grass beneath the snow.

Talking of covers where are the new ones surely it doesnt take a whole season to source and buy new covers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024