Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tutte situation? 22:07 - Mar 3 with 7786 viewsofficialdale

What is actually going on with him? No doubt the lad is good enough to start, or get more than 10 minutes each week. Is there an attitude problem, or is he simply just not good enough? Because all 3 managers haven't had much faith in him.

From what I see, he's more than capable of changing games around. & atm, he's the only player we have that doesn't seem scared to have a drive, and a good dig at goal.
Tutte situation? on 12:44 - Mar 4 with 3901 viewsseasidedale

Perhaps in the short term we can use him out wide on the right and move adams to left, he did well when he came on, i think in central midfield he plays too square
Tutte situation? on 13:18 - Mar 4 with 3832 viewspnc4eva1

Coleman has used Baryy Murphy as a defensive midfielder to shore up the defense. Tutte is good but weak defensively. Therefore BBM prefered by coleman.

As for a right winger I think he is not suited to that position. His ideal position would be as an advanced central midfielder who plays just behind a centre forward. However we also have Grimes who can fill a similar role. Personally i would like to see Tutte used in the same role Matty Done was used in last season.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Tutte situation? on 13:27 - Mar 4 with 3814 viewssteofthedale

Tutte situation? on 13:18 - Mar 4 by pnc4eva1

Coleman has used Baryy Murphy as a defensive midfielder to shore up the defense. Tutte is good but weak defensively. Therefore BBM prefered by coleman.

As for a right winger I think he is not suited to that position. His ideal position would be as an advanced central midfielder who plays just behind a centre forward. However we also have Grimes who can fill a similar role. Personally i would like to see Tutte used in the same role Matty Done was used in last season.

Earlier in the season, Steve Eyre tended to prefer Jones and Tutte in midfield with (my and many other's player of the season) Jason Kennedy too often warming the bench.

Despite the promise that Tutte undoubtedly shows it is difficult to accommodate all three in the centre of the park. Given the defensive frailties we have had prior to Coleman's arrival I think experience has been a vital component to the improvement in the last 6 games.

Tutte is a talent for the future and perhaps a natural successor for Jones when the time finally comes.

steofthedale*

Tutte situation? on 13:50 - Mar 4 with 3781 viewsG_Dale

I'd rather see tutte picked to start before Thompson or grimes. He has much more pace, can beat a man and looks like he actually wants to fight for his place

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Tutte situation? on 16:29 - Mar 4 with 3677 viewsChaffRAFC

I think it's purely because we have a midfield three in which Barry-Murphy MUST play as the holding player and then you have Kennedy who's been arguably our best player this season and then you've got our captain. I think it's as simple as that, Tutte's not going to get in ahead of Jones and Kennedy, no matter if people think Jones needs dropping.

Personally, I'd play him in the role Thompson played yesterday, I think Tutte's quicker off the mark than Joey and got a better delivery.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tutte situation? on 16:48 - Mar 4 with 3648 viewssweetcorn

Tutte situation? on 16:29 - Mar 4 by ChaffRAFC

I think it's purely because we have a midfield three in which Barry-Murphy MUST play as the holding player and then you have Kennedy who's been arguably our best player this season and then you've got our captain. I think it's as simple as that, Tutte's not going to get in ahead of Jones and Kennedy, no matter if people think Jones needs dropping.

Personally, I'd play him in the role Thompson played yesterday, I think Tutte's quicker off the mark than Joey and got a better delivery.

I personally think we can do without BBM, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders, because thats what kennedy is, then jones can play the usual box to box routine and tutte can concentrate on ochestrating attacks and staying forward, he's a must start at home games now, also think the top 3 that ended the game worked quite well with JLAA, Thompson and symes, but my personal top 3 would be thompson and JLAA to play wide of grimes, thompson and JLAA win the headers and do the running and grimes waits in the centre with his clever runs and finishes them off.

My rochdale XI in JC's formation at the minute would be:

---------------------Lucas----------------------
-Darby------Long-----Amankwaaah--Widds
-------------------Kennedy--------------------
---------Tutte---------------Jones------------
---Thompson-----Grimes-----------JLAA--

think that gives us plenty of attacking options whilst keeping us tight at the back still..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tutte situation? on 17:03 - Mar 4 with 3624 viewsRalphs12

How long is Tutte's contract? Hopefully he will know that Jonah's legs wont keep going for ever more and will stick around for next season at least.
Tutte situation? on 17:25 - Mar 4 with 3606 viewsChaffRAFC

Tutte situation? on 16:48 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I personally think we can do without BBM, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders, because thats what kennedy is, then jones can play the usual box to box routine and tutte can concentrate on ochestrating attacks and staying forward, he's a must start at home games now, also think the top 3 that ended the game worked quite well with JLAA, Thompson and symes, but my personal top 3 would be thompson and JLAA to play wide of grimes, thompson and JLAA win the headers and do the running and grimes waits in the centre with his clever runs and finishes them off.

My rochdale XI in JC's formation at the minute would be:

---------Tutte---------------Jones------------
---Thompson-----Grimes-----------JLAA--

think that gives us plenty of attacking options whilst keeping us tight at the back still..

Completely disagree about Kennedy, he's not a defensive midfielder and never has been. He's a central midfield who is great at linking up the play in the middle of the park. BBM has been MUCH better in that position than JK has I think. JK needs to stay exactly where he is as he's playing superbly there.

My current team would be:

................................Lucas..................................

Darbu............Amankwaah*......Long.............Widdowson
.........................Barry-Murphy................................
.................Kennedy...............Jones........................
.......Akpa-Akpro.............................Adams...............
..............................Symes...................................

*Holden's done really well since coming in for the injured KA.

For me, Tutte should be used as an impact sub at the moment, if we're on top and struggling to score, bring him on for half an hour in place of BBM and play Tutte ahead of Jones and Kennedy. We did it last season brilliantly with Matty Done.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Tutte situation? on 17:47 - Mar 4 with 3580 viewsmacro

Tutte situation? on 17:03 - Mar 4 by Ralphs12

How long is Tutte's contract? Hopefully he will know that Jonah's legs wont keep going for ever more and will stick around for next season at least.

I think that's the case, Jonah legend yes, on the wane yes - tutte will take over from him
Tutte situation? on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 3525 viewsAtThePeake

Tutte and Jones should play an equalish amount of minutes next season to blood him in and become the long-term replacement for our skipper.

Tangled up in blue.

Tutte situation? on 19:29 - Mar 4 with 3456 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 18:35 - Mar 4 by AtThePeake

Tutte and Jones should play an equalish amount of minutes next season to blood him in and become the long-term replacement for our skipper.

Tutte shouldnt need blooding in, he has been on the scene for a few years now and from what i have seen he isnt good enough. It seems other managers dont really fancy him neither.

All this talk about JT and BBM playing certain positions is also not right in my opinion. These players struggled to catch the team last season, Hilly (who is a good judge) was very reluctanct to use any of them from the start and how many times did BBM start a game last season ?

I suppose we have to utilise the players at our disposal, but the ones mentioned wont get us out of this mess and neither will JLAA. He has improved this season but will never be a proven goalscorer at this level (he wasnt in league two), so where do the goals come from ?

I think its about time we looked at the squad as a whole and realised we arent good enough. Certain players dont appear to have the stomach for the fight, JT had a decent game yesterday but my mother in law would show more bravery in the tackle than him, thats why he his always getting injured. Dont get me started on Grimes, the laziest player i have ever seen pull on a Dale shirt.

I hope there are four teams worse than us, but hand on heart i dont think we are in a false position, we are carrying too many players who dont belong at this level. The good news is we now have the right manager in place.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Tutte situation? on 19:36 - Mar 4 with 3434 viewsBirchy915

------Tutte--------Jones-----------JLAA-----
------------Grimes--------Symes-------------

Adams could sub in for Tutte or JLAA, Thompson for Grimes or Symes (think he makes a better attacker than winger tbh) BBM for Jones or Kennedy.
Holden and Jordan for Darby and Amankwaah respectively.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Tutte situation? on 19:41 - Mar 4 with 3420 viewsSalwaDale

Tutte situation? on 19:29 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Tutte shouldnt need blooding in, he has been on the scene for a few years now and from what i have seen he isnt good enough. It seems other managers dont really fancy him neither.

All this talk about JT and BBM playing certain positions is also not right in my opinion. These players struggled to catch the team last season, Hilly (who is a good judge) was very reluctanct to use any of them from the start and how many times did BBM start a game last season ?

I suppose we have to utilise the players at our disposal, but the ones mentioned wont get us out of this mess and neither will JLAA. He has improved this season but will never be a proven goalscorer at this level (he wasnt in league two), so where do the goals come from ?

I think its about time we looked at the squad as a whole and realised we arent good enough. Certain players dont appear to have the stomach for the fight, JT had a decent game yesterday but my mother in law would show more bravery in the tackle than him, thats why he his always getting injured. Dont get me started on Grimes, the laziest player i have ever seen pull on a Dale shirt.

I hope there are four teams worse than us, but hand on heart i dont think we are in a false position, we are carrying too many players who dont belong at this level. The good news is we now have the right manager in place.

Out of curiosity who would you say we have that does belong as a starter at this level?

For me, I'd say:

Darby
Widdowson
Long
Kennedy
Jones
Adams

We then have a number of players with the talent at this level but not the application and also a number of players the opposite way round.

Guess I agree with you then.

TBBT

Tutte situation? on 19:43 - Mar 4 with 3411 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 19:36 - Mar 4 by Birchy915

------Tutte--------Jones-----------JLAA-----
------------Grimes--------Symes-------------

Adams could sub in for Tutte or JLAA, Thompson for Grimes or Symes (think he makes a better attacker than winger tbh) BBM for Jones or Kennedy.
Holden and Jordan for Darby and Amankwaah respectively.

Play Adams in place of Tutte and i think thats the best we have. We desperately need another forward and also a tricky winger on loan. Its geting to the last throw of the dice time.

When you look at that forward line it doesnt fill you with much confidence, JLAA being the best, but hardly a scoring machine !!
Tutte situation? on 19:47 - Mar 4 with 3397 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 19:41 - Mar 4 by SalwaDale

Out of curiosity who would you say we have that does belong as a starter at this level?

For me, I'd say:

Darby
Widdowson
Long
Kennedy
Jones
Adams

We then have a number of players with the talent at this level but not the application and also a number of players the opposite way round.

I pick the same as you, maybe Kevin could be included but i havent seen enough of him and why was he not required at a league two club ? Yes, six/seven players.
Tutte situation? on 19:52 - Mar 4 with 3385 viewsolympicdale

Tutte situation? on 19:41 - Mar 4 by SalwaDale

For me, I'd say:

Darby
Widdowson
Long
Kennedy
Jones
Adams

its also about getting the best out of players, that you may think aren't good enough, the right manager can get them playing 50% above their potential through belief alone.

Life is a game of fate.

Tutte situation? on 19:53 - Mar 4 with 3381 views442Dale

Tutte has been around first team football for just over 18 months. In that time he's had three loan moves and one permanent club - us. He's started less than 40 league games.

There is little doubt he's done himself no favours at times, especially his reaction to being subbed by Hill v Plymouth last season which pretty much ended his chances of a longer stay. 

But let's not manipulate facts to suit an argument. Tutte has had minimal chances in an advanced central midfield role, a position which may suit him best as many have said. 

Ironically, he's still possibly better than other options on the right hand side role (much better than Grimes for example), and I'd start him there on Tuesday. 

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tutte situation? on 19:58 - Mar 4 with 3374 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 19:52 - Mar 4 by olympicdale

its also about getting the best out of players, that you may think aren't good enough, the right manager can get them playing 50% above their potential through belief alone.

Thats correct, but the player has to produce week in and week out, thats the problem. This is a very tough league and if players are down on their game it normally results in defeat.
Consistancy is the key and having the ability to play the same against Carlisle as we did against Sheffield Wednesday.
Tutte situation? on 20:00 - Mar 4 with 3367 viewsSalwaDale

Tutte situation? on 19:52 - Mar 4 by olympicdale

Absolutely, O'Grady not good enough for Oldham, Done not good enough for Hereford etc.

The only problem now is we don't have the time at the moment to improve the players.

TBBT

Tutte situation? on 20:04 - Mar 4 with 3360 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 19:53 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

Tutte has been around first team football for just over 18 months. In that time he's had three loan moves and one permanent club - us. He's started less than 40 league games.

There is little doubt he's done himself no favours at times, especially his reaction to being subbed by Hill v Plymouth last season which pretty much ended his chances of a longer stay. 

But let's not manipulate facts to suit an argument. Tutte has had minimal chances in an advanced central midfield role, a position which may suit him best as many have said. 

Ironically, he's still possibly better than other options on the right hand side role (much better than Grimes for example), and I'd start him there on Tuesday. 

With respect, if this central forward midfield role is the answer why have all his previous managers not been able to identify that ? It isnt just at Rochdale, didnt he play at Yeovil last season, not every manager can be wrong !!

He always looks busy and easy on the eye, but i have never ever seen him have a major impact on a game. Seen him adopt the Grimes petulant, sulking club a few times but thats been it really.
Tutte situation? on 20:07 - Mar 4 with 3353 viewsSalwaDale

Tutte situation? on 20:04 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

With respect, if this central forward midfield role is the answer why have all his previous managers not been able to identify that ? It isnt just at Rochdale, didnt he play at Yeovil last season, not every manager can be wrong !!

He always looks busy and easy on the eye, but i have never ever seen him have a major impact on a game. Seen him adopt the Grimes petulant, sulking club a few times but thats been it really.

Tutte can pick up the ball and run into space looking very purposeful but I've not seen him create much though. I'm with you on Tutte, TS.

TBBT

Tutte situation? on 20:19 - Mar 4 with 3330 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 20:07 - Mar 4 by SalwaDale

Tutte can pick up the ball and run into space looking very purposeful but I've not seen him create much though. I'm with you on Tutte, TS.

Its not good and i still get behind all the players whilst they are on the pitch but there does come a time when you have to start questioning if certain players are good enough and more importantly do they have the right attitude.

The willingness to run through a brick wall and always give 100% effort should be a given and i dont think i see that in several of our players, which is a sad thing to say.
Tutte situation? on 20:25 - Mar 4 with 3314 viewsSalwaDale

Tutte situation? on 20:19 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Its not good and i still get behind all the players whilst they are on the pitch but there does come a time when you have to start questioning if certain players are good enough and more importantly do they have the right attitude.

The willingness to run through a brick wall and always give 100% effort should be a given and i dont think i see that in several of our players, which is a sad thing to say.

Over the course of the season I agree with your last paragraph but we are seeing players running through brick walls far much more now.

TBBT

Tutte situation? on 20:28 - Mar 4 with 3310 views442Dale

Tutte situation? on 20:04 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

He played regularly at Yeovil! What exactly did their manager do to indicate he wasn't good enough? He also decided to use him in a central role after initially playing him wide, something the player (crucially) preferred. http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Starlet-targets-central-role-survival-bid/story-

I'm not saying Tutte will be brilliant in that role, just that he's hardly been used there. Jones was playing the best football of his career in that role when Tutte was here under Hill, so why would anyone expect him to play there then?

He's not been given a chance this season in that position because Jones has kept his place even when his form dipped.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tutte situation? on 20:29 - Mar 4 with 3304 viewsTalkingSutty

Tutte situation? on 20:25 - Mar 4 by SalwaDale

Over the course of the season I agree with your last paragraph but we are seeing players running through brick walls far much more now.

Would you want to get on the wrong side of Coleman . He doesnt look a man to be messed with, i am sure it wont take him long to get everybody singing from his hymn sheet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024