Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Kenny on Twitter 06:04 - May 15 with 7432 viewsloftus_upper

I think we all knew it, but sounds like Paddy will be off

Patrick kenny ‏ @p20ddy
On the train back to Doncaster thinking what a great win for sheff utd and the last couple of days couldnt have gone any better #happy

Patrick kenny ‏ @p20ddy
What a day with some top lads that I may never play with again cos football is a funny old game #trainbacktosheff

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:11 - May 15 with 1500 viewsblacky200

If PK goes that will be 2 new keepers required. Surely we need a better reserve keeper than Cerny (no disrespect to the bloke but all reports suggest his back is knackered). It is going to be an interesting summer.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:13 - May 15 with 1495 viewsadhoc_qpr

Craig Gordan is out of contract from Sunderland this summer - if he is proved fit and passes a medical he would be a steal.

Great shot stopper and was Sunderland's undisputed number one prior to injury but has since been displaced by the younger Mignolet.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:14 - May 15 with 1491 viewswombat

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 08:41 - May 15 by FDC

Loving Mackie's chinos...

looks like the players went on the pi$$ in hammersmith then

kenny did do very well sunday but he was to blame for the first goal by going down to early before the shot came in , we owe him a lot but do think we can improve next season im sorry to say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:16 - May 15 with 1480 viewsMichael_Hunt

Seen a bit about his "error" for the first goal; what nobody seems to have mentioned is that about 10 - 15 mins before he'd saved a stinging shot and signalled straight to the bench that something was wrong. The game carried on and you had the bizarre situation where he was off the field strapping up his own fingers!

At the time I assumed he'd either bruised, dislocated or broken a finger, which left him clearly not up to full tilt for the rest of the half.

I further presume that the medics got to work at HT as his 2nd half was awesome.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:21 - May 15 with 1471 viewsWestbourneR

Paddy was exceptional in our promotion season but he was sadly lacking for much of this campaign.

He started off looking injured and immobile and it only gradually got better.

We need and I am sure we will get a new keeper next season.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:23 - May 15 with 1466 viewsWestbourneR

If Rob Green signs i'd be furious. Hate him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:25 - May 15 with 1458 viewsTheBlob

It's very difficult to take the painful decision to discard a part of your life that has never let you down,through thick and thin.Disloyal,almost callous in fact but you bow to the inevitable.Like seeing your beloved car sold to a stranger and being driven away,never faltered it did,performed magnificently in all conditions,but the signs of ageing were definitely there,the creaking suspension and the odd knock.....time for someone else to give the old boy a good home and a new life.Failing that a warm part of the garage,under wraps just in case your shiny new aquisition should prove reluctant to start.
Top man Paddy.Whatever happens.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:34 - May 15 with 1428 viewsGetMeRangers

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:10 - May 15 by nadera78

Two new keepers for me. Kenny is a very unorthodox GK and generally does well but is unreliable at times. Cerny is permanently injured and was never any good with crosses anyway.

Robert Green, Paul Robinson, Joe Lewis and Craig Gordon are all out of contract. Lewis would be an excellent back up to one of the other three.

Ben Foster was all over the place when WBA came down to Loftus Rd, and Wayne Hennessy I've never rated and is out for the foreseeable anyway.

IMO Lewis is not what people rate him for. Seen him play too many times (bearing in mind this is a a lower level) and he flaps a lot and his positioning is very poor. There is no coincidence in the number of goals Posh ship... only made by the number they score. Defo do not want Lewis... guess the club dont either as he has been trialled by the club in Neil's time
Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:40 - May 15 with 1404 viewsJonDoeman

Be amazed if he isn't a Leeds player next season, great in the Championship & I loved what he did there, this hasn't been a good season for him though.

It Is What It Is !!

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:40 - May 15 with 1404 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Tom Heaton would be ok back up and free I think. Still only 26.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:50 - May 15 with 1392 viewsTHEBUSH

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 09:07 - May 15 by barbicanranger

From the little I've seen on twitter barton is part of THAT group.

Myself and another fan saw Paddy walking away from the Etihad on Sunday with wife and kids, where as I think the other members of the team flew back to London - so he must have been going somewhere local and the commentators during the game said he had been linked with Leeds.

I have heard strong rumours of Ben Foster being signed by us if we stayed up, a colleague lives with or knows his cousin - not professing to be in the know it's just what I've been told. I think Paddy could do another year - he's sharpened up over the second half of the season. All that said he's a yorkshire lad.

Ben Foster a good call, keep Paddy and buy Foster as well !!
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:20 - May 15 with 1359 viewsdaveB

I saw Kenny leaving about half an hour or so after the game, he had a row with a fan who jumped on him as he was trying to walk with his kids. He was going back to Doncaster where his family live.

I'd keep him, he was excellent in the second half on Sunday but do think we'll sell him.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:22 - May 15 with 1356 viewsCiderwithRsie

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:03 - May 15 by Bluce_Ree

PK has been such a good keeper for us. Certainly a lot better than Jurgen was in our last prem season. I'd be happy for him to stay.

Not a very high bar, though, is it? Sommer always did his best, but part of the Wilkins lunacy was that we were clearly short on the GK front [literally in Roberts case] but we brought in Luton's 3rd choice keeper while spending millions on Markbloodyhately.

Kenny is decent enough but the defence is the most obvious area for shoring up. As with Hill I'd be happy to see them stay but happier still to see them in the squad rather than in the starting XI.

None of which detracts from the debt we owe them. But they are professionals and they do get paid.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:26 - May 15 with 1342 viewssmegma

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 10:16 - May 15 by Michael_Hunt

Seen a bit about his "error" for the first goal; what nobody seems to have mentioned is that about 10 - 15 mins before he'd saved a stinging shot and signalled straight to the bench that something was wrong. The game carried on and you had the bizarre situation where he was off the field strapping up his own fingers!

At the time I assumed he'd either bruised, dislocated or broken a finger, which left him clearly not up to full tilt for the rest of the half.

I further presume that the medics got to work at HT as his 2nd half was awesome.

No you're wrong. EVERY goal is his fault according to some 'fans'..

I actually thought he was going to go off . He was in pain for about ten minutes it seemed and had 3 of the backroom staff dealing with him at one point.

The blokes a legend in our clubs history but some people have short memories.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:52 - May 15 with 1305 viewsMichael_Hunt

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:26 - May 15 by smegma

I actually thought he was going to go off . He was in pain for about ten minutes it seemed and had 3 of the backroom staff dealing with him at one point.

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:54 - May 15 with 1289 viewsnadera78

Look, PK did fantastically well for us in the Championship but that does not make him a legend. This club has about a dozen or so 'legends' stretching back into the mists of our history. One season, however good, does not qualify anyone for that status.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:55 - May 15 with 1283 viewsQPunkR

Either way, I've heard tell of him having a party...

QPR - "shit but local"

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:55 - May 15 with 1283 viewsblacky200

Yep he has done the business for us but no way a legend. Phil Parkes and Tony Roberts now they are legends.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:30 - May 15 with 1235 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Heaton was the Man Utd loanee? I thought he looked very good too. I'd like to see Kenny stay as number 2 though, he has shown he is still worth a place and on Sunday played fantastically, regardless of the goals conceded.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:38 - May 15 with 1217 viewsRBlock

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 08:41 - May 15 by FDC

Loving Mackie's chinos...

Gabbidon is fuming
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:42 - May 15 with 1211 viewsRBlock

Has anyone considered Bogdan? How old is that ginger nutter, he pulled off some great saves against us, and over the course of the year. Anyone watched him a bit more consistently??
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:46 - May 15 with 1204 viewssmegma

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:54 - May 15 by nadera78

Look, PK did fantastically well for us in the Championship but that does not make him a legend. This club has about a dozen or so 'legends' stretching back into the mists of our history. One season, however good, does not qualify anyone for that status.

He is a legend simply because fans will be reading all about the team of 2010/11 who won the league in 100s of years time.
All the players from last season are legends because they are parts of our history.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:48 - May 15 with 1202 viewsJamie

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:42 - May 15 by RBlock

Has anyone considered Bogdan? How old is that ginger nutter, he pulled off some great saves against us, and over the course of the year. Anyone watched him a bit more consistently??

Bogdan never seems to be more than 5 minutes from a clanger unfortunately.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:51 - May 15 with 1196 viewshoopstar67

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:48 - May 15 by Jamie

Bogdan never seems to be more than 5 minutes from a clanger unfortunately.

As Aston Villa are in a bit of turmoil maybe a cheeky bid for Shay GIven?
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:54 - May 15 with 1187 viewswombat

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 12:51 - May 15 by hoopstar67

As Aston Villa are in a bit of turmoil maybe a cheeky bid for Shay GIven?

got to say given would be a great shout for me as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024