Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Kenny on Twitter 06:04 - May 15 with 7431 viewsloftus_upper

I think we all knew it, but sounds like Paddy will be off

Patrick kenny ‏ @p20ddy
On the train back to Doncaster thinking what a great win for sheff utd and the last couple of days couldnt have gone any better #happy

Patrick kenny ‏ @p20ddy
What a day with some top lads that I may never play with again cos football is a funny old game #trainbacktosheff

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 13:03 - May 15 with 1090 viewsWestbourneR

smegma are you suggesting that someone should keep playing now based on past glories? I don't have a 'short memory' I fully remember what Paddy did. The emphasis being on 'did' - as in past tense. We are planning for the future here.

Find it really weird that you think being sentimental and loyal despite the reality is such an admirable asset over what will make is more likely to win football matches going forward. That's not admirable at all.

See you've gone quiet about Hughes btw.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 13:19 - May 15 with 1072 viewsNov77

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 11:55 - May 15 by blacky200

Yep he has done the business for us but no way a legend. Phil Parkes and Tony Roberts now they are legends.

Mentioning Phil parkes and tony Roberts in the same sentence? Definite ban.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 13:37 - May 15 with 1032 viewsMichael_Hunt

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 13:03 - May 15 by WestbourneR

smegma are you suggesting that someone should keep playing now based on past glories? I don't have a 'short memory' I fully remember what Paddy did. The emphasis being on 'did' - as in past tense. We are planning for the future here.

Find it really weird that you think being sentimental and loyal despite the reality is such an admirable asset over what will make is more likely to win football matches going forward. That's not admirable at all.

See you've gone quiet about Hughes btw.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here, but from reading this board over most of last season (didn't know such a thing existed before TBH a ), there always seems to be a sense that somebody has to be in the firing line. (e.g.Jamie Mackie?)

From the little I've gleaned it seems that PK has been playing with an injury for at least part of the season which at times has made him a few inches off the pace.

On Sunday he was clearly injured in the first half but played out of his skin in the second. Any suggestion that he could've done better with either of the last two goals is frankly laughable.

Don't forget that Joe Hart, who is allegedly the best in the Prem also let in two; is anyone suggesting that he could've - should've done better with them?

Any of the suggestions of replacement keepers, apart from possibly Given, don't stack up IMHO.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 14:04 - May 15 with 1006 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 07:40 - May 15 by daveB

i think he'll go to Wolves and we'll sign Hennessey

That would be disastrous. Extremely average keeper.
Think we'll be in for Foster.

Bare bones.

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 14:22 - May 15 with 998 viewsWestbourneR

Nobody has anything to say about the last two goals. I had something to say about the first one.

I my opinion it's very simple - if we want to be a mid table or better Prem side we need better than Paddy. It is only my opinion.

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 14:52 - May 15 with 978 viewsMichael_Hunt

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 14:22 - May 15 by WestbourneR

Nobody has anything to say about the last two goals. I had something to say about the first one.

I my opinion it's very simple - if we want to be a mid table or better Prem side we need better than Paddy. It is only my opinion.

Westbourne, of course you're entitled to your opinion.

All I'm saying is that hardly anybody seems to be taking the first half injury into account when having a pop about the first goal.

Also I've seen some shocking errors from all goalkeepers at times, including Springetts (both), Parkes and who could forget Seamen?

It can and will happen to the best of them at times.

PK was top class last year and was found wanting a little at times this year, but for the most part his performances haven't been that bad, and I can't see anything that any of the other keepers touted would bring along that would be much better.

IMO once the defence started to gel towards the end (forget the scum game; that was an abherration), his confidence went up a notch or two, and his performances with it.

The trouble with the GK position is that it's difficult to have more than one top class act in the setup as for most of the season the understudy will just be warming the bench. You only have to have watched Liverpool v Scum to see what I mean.

BTW this isn't a PK love in it's just that I can't see that he was that bad.

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:01 - May 15 with 961 viewsJuzzie

Being a goalie can be a thankless task. If an outfield player messes up, there is usually someone else that can try and help get them out of it, if the goalie messes up, it's in the net.

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:10 - May 15 with 951 viewsWestbourneR

Michael and Juzzie I agree with you on both your points.

But... I've got to say... and I hope i'm not slaughtered for this... I think Paddy has been a problem for us this year.

His shot stopping has just not been good enough for the Prem and it's allowed teams to get ahead of us against the run of play with fairly unremarkable long shots.

I may be bang out of line but I don't think Sturidges's shot at the Bride should have gone in. And there were a few at the Loft that looked soft.

Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:12 - May 15 with 940 viewsNorthernr

Have to say, as brilliant as he was last season, I think we probably need a new keeper to progress further.
Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:23 - May 15 with 910 viewsHollowayRanger

kenny players player of the year last year

supporters player of the year last year

golden glove winner year before

and could be wrong but carried on with broken finger certainly had them strapped together

could we do better YES BUT IT WONT BE EASY id go for robinson at blackburn was there player of year and only one that came out to fans after religation

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:25 - May 15 with 902 viewsMichael_Hunt

Paddy Kenny on Twitter on 15:10 - May 15 by WestbourneR

Michael and Juzzie I agree with you on both your points.

But... I've got to say... and I hope i'm not slaughtered for this... I think Paddy has been a problem for us this year.

His shot stopping has just not been good enough for the Prem and it's allowed teams to get ahead of us against the run of play with fairly unremarkable long shots.

I may be bang out of line but I don't think Sturidges's shot at the Bride should have gone in. And there were a few at the Loft that looked soft.

I'm not here to slaughter anyone, all I can say is that I've not left any games, apart from Fulham away, where I thought he'd had a mare.

Most of the time we conceded it was through some combined defensive error and/or a decent finish from the opposition, although I accept that a few examples my be remembered.

IMO given a settled defence there's not many better suited and at our price/level that we could reasonably expect to attract, with the caveat that MH and his network may have already identified a stopper that most wouldn't have come across.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024