Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton tribunal match thread 07:55 - May 23 with 7652 viewsJamie

Best get this one started. What do we think?
Barton tribunal match thread on 08:00 - May 23 with 2384 viewsKevinPR

4 matches for red card.

4 matches for Aguero incident

3 matches for Kompany incident
Barton tribunal match thread on 08:08 - May 23 with 2363 viewsAunt_Nelly

Knighted for services to the tabloid press and tw@tter.
Barton tribunal match thread on 08:17 - May 23 with 2341 viewsblacky200

It wouldn't suprise me if he got a 12 game ban 4 for each event. It could be even worse if the FA decide that all 3 were red card offences and give him 4 for the red, 5 for the kick and 6 for the attempted headbutt.
Barton tribunal match thread on 08:31 - May 23 with 2322 viewskingsburyR

Dont forget failure to leave the field, and his go at Balotelli.

Might not see him next season.

Although id like to see him stay, if he gets say a 15 gamer can he be sacked?

In any other line of work he would be.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:35 - May 23 with 2300 viewsDesertBoot

Ten game ban and sacked by the club.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:41 - May 23 with 2287 viewsreal_loftus

ATAF.

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:50 - May 23 with 2269 viewsGloucs_R

4 matches for red card.

0 matches for Kompany incident - innocent

Poll: Are we staying up?

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:52 - May 23 with 2256 viewsJonDoeman

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:00 - May 23 by KevinPR

4 matches for red card.

3 matches for Kompany incident

sounds about right.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:54 - May 23 with 2251 viewspomanjou

Would like to see him get at least a ten game ban.

More important will be the decision of the clubs own internal tribuna. I sincerely hope they give him is marching orders as a festering wrong un like him discredits the club.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:57 - May 23 with 2241 viewsQPR_John

Barton tribunal match thread on 08:31 - May 23 by kingsburyR

Dont forget failure to leave the field, and his go at Balotelli.

Might not see him next season.

Although id like to see him stay, if he gets say a 15 gamer can he be sacked?

In any other line of work he would be.

"and his go at Balotelli."

Yes you are right in fact I thought this was the worse incident of the lot. Fancy actually walking over to the City bench where Balotelli was sitting minding his own business and trying to attack the poor fellow.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Barton tribunal match thread on 09:05 - May 23 with 2217 viewsderbyhoop

Anything from 7 to 15 match ban, warned as to his future conduct (joke), big fine. At the very least a massive club sanction. Possible dismissal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:09 - May 23 with 2204 viewsKrakow

This may sound stupid (or complete genius), but if he gets a 10-12 game ban and misses the first three months of the season, could we loan him out to a French/Spanish/Italian/German or even a Scottish (i.e. Celtic) club who would pay part of his wages in addition to giving him much needed match fitness? Bans are only valid in the England, aren't they?
Barton tribunal match thread on 09:10 - May 23 with 2195 viewsGloucs_R

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:09 - May 23 by Krakow

This may sound stupid (or complete genius), but if he gets a 10-12 game ban and misses the first three months of the season, could we loan him out to a French/Spanish/Italian/German or even a Scottish (i.e. Celtic) club who would pay part of his wages in addition to giving him much needed match fitness? Bans are only valid in the England, aren't they?

Great question, one I thought about as well.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:16 - May 23 with 2184 viewsadhoc_qpr

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:09 - May 23 by Krakow

But if he's not in the squad for the first half of the season, he won't have served his ban as he won't have missed any matches he should have been eligible for?

I think all the individual things he did (flailing elbow, knee to the bum, failed headbutt) are pretty insignificant really and a 9 match ban for them culmulatively would be fine.

Knowing the FA they'll go OTT and hysterical and ban him for 15+ matches, mainly due to hsi reputation which i guess is his own fault!
Barton tribunal match thread on 09:41 - May 23 with 2141 viewsblacky200

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:16 - May 23 by adhoc_qpr

But if he's not in the squad for the first half of the season, he won't have served his ban as he won't have missed any matches he should have been eligible for?

I think all the individual things he did (flailing elbow, knee to the bum, failed headbutt) are pretty insignificant really and a 9 match ban for them culmulatively would be fine.

Knowing the FA they'll go OTT and hysterical and ban him for 15+ matches, mainly due to hsi reputation which i guess is his own fault!

Agree with you regards the FA going OTT. It didn't help that this was a massive game with a huge global audience.
Barton tribunal match thread on 09:46 - May 23 with 2123 viewsQPR_John

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:41 - May 23 by blacky200

Agree with you regards the FA going OTT. It didn't help that this was a massive game with a huge global audience.

If the FA banned him for 15+ games I think they would be opening a can of worms that they would find difficult to close.
Barton tribunal match thread on 09:48 - May 23 with 2116 viewsNorthernr

Six games and a chunky fine.
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:04 - May 23 with 2097 viewsJamie

Barton tribunal match thread on 09:48 - May 23 by Northernr

Six games and a chunky fine.

Would have to be 6 games on top of the 4 he has already been given. He's accepted a charge of violent conduct which holds a ban of 3 games and denied one (caught clearly on camera headbutting Kompany) for which he is bang to rights. So yes, 6 games + the 4 he has earnt and a hefty fine would seem a fair punishment from the FA.

And then of course, termination proceedings from QPR
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:13 - May 23 with 2069 viewsNorthernr

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:04 - May 23 by Jamie

Would have to be 6 games on top of the 4 he has already been given. He's accepted a charge of violent conduct which holds a ban of 3 games and denied one (caught clearly on camera headbutting Kompany) for which he is bang to rights. So yes, 6 games + the 4 he has earnt and a hefty fine would seem a fair punishment from the FA.

He'll get off with the Kompany one because somebody pushed him into it. If the three game thing is mandatory then I expect seven matches and a fine. Think all this talk of 12-15 games is newspapers going to town on him as usual. Might be wron.
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:15 - May 23 with 2054 viewspomanjou

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:04 - May 23 by Jamie

I think he denied the headbutt on Kompany because it was a poor effort which failed to make contact and was not worthy of his field fighting abilities.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:21 - May 23 with 2041 viewsJamie

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:13 - May 23 by Northernr

He'll get off with the Kompany one because somebody pushed him into it. If the three game thing is mandatory then I expect seven matches and a fine. Think all this talk of 12-15 games is newspapers going to town on him as usual. Might be wron.

0:45 as Barton throws the headbutt, Stevie Wonder couldnt argue Lescott pushed him into it. Lescott's body movement makes it clear he didnt push him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:26 - May 23 with 2027 viewsdaveB

i reckon a 9 game ban and hopefully never seen at QPR again
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:31 - May 23 with 2012 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree with norf, think it'll be more like 6, maybe 8 tops. I don't think he even touched Kompany and as someone above says, Lescott is pushing the back of his head at that time. He also never got close to Balotelli.

Bare bones.

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:32 - May 23 with 2011 viewsJamie

The real saving grave for 'our joe' is that Kompany is a thoroughly decent individual and didn't go down clutching his face at minimal contact.....

....unlike Barton v Gervinho....
Barton tribunal match thread on 10:55 - May 23 with 1958 viewsRangersDave

Barton tribunal match thread on 10:32 - May 23 by Jamie

The real saving grave for 'our joe' is that Kompany is a thoroughly decent individual and didn't go down clutching his face at minimal contact.....

....unlike Barton v Gervinho....

I think some of you are missing something here.

JB got sent off for not headbutting but 'having the intention to do so' earlier this season.

That alone was a 3 game.

it will be 15 games from the FA, and UB40 from HQ (i hope)
(not taking into account the refusal to leave the field of play either.
anyone notice he seems to have a verbal with Cisse on the way off the pitch?

As for playing his ban elsewhere, on this seasons poor form who would have him?
ive seen him in his 'good' games and his passing has been poor with lots given away to the opposition. Retain the ball or pass to our player............simples.
cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024