Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton tribunal match thread 07:55 - May 23 with 7653 viewsJamie

Best get this one started. What do we think?
Barton tribunal match thread on 18:51 - May 23 with 1084 viewsJamie

That should be that for Joey at QPR.

Longest ban in PL history.

Gross misconduct. Goodbye.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Barton tribunal match thread on 18:51 - May 23 with 1077 viewsCharlie1

Unfair punishment

Been judged on being Joey Barton and a media storm. Let's protect the cheat that's Alan shearer.

I hope both rangers and he appeals.

Separately and for the record, I wouldn't be disappointed if we got rid. But on this, FA are wrong IMO. Victim of his reputation, past and social media.

7 game max ban IMO

2:59 baby!

Barton tribunal match thread on 18:53 - May 23 with 1054 viewsWeAreQPR12

Barton tribunal match thread on 18:51 - May 23 by Charlie1

Unfair punishment

Been judged on being Joey Barton and a media storm. Let's protect the cheat that's Alan shearer.

Separately and for the record, I wouldn't be disappointed if we got rid. But on this, FA are wrong IMO. Victim of his reputation, past and social media.

7 game max ban IMO

Charlie spot on with your assessment
Barton tribunal match thread on 18:58 - May 23 with 1027 viewsCliff

Barton tribunal match thread on 18:53 - May 23 by WeAreQPR12

Charlie spot on with your assessment

I'm sure it's what every one on here was predicting, a red for each incident at 3 + 1 game bans. It's difficult to argue against to be fair.
Barton tribunal match thread on 19:05 - May 23 with 998 viewsQPR_John

Really am amazed at some of the the comments on here. We were at the mercy of the FA's disciplinary system last year and it if was not for a pretty good legal team we may now not be playing in the Premier League. Their idea of justice is so far removed from the concept of fairness as to be almost considered corrupt. If Barton's punishment is fair then how can the lack of punishment for Tevez and Balatelli be correct.

They clearly used the importance of the game implied by the paragraph from the judgement

"The Chairman of the Regulatory Commission stated after the hearing: “There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe.” "

I take it from the above the FA do not think the image of football was tarnised by the actions of Tevez and Balatelli

This time it was Barton but if you agree with the FA's actions dont complain when next time it might happen to a team and/or player you might support.
Barton tribunal match thread on 19:08 - May 23 with 977 viewsAunt_Nelly

Unfair punishment

7 game max ban IMO

Bang on.
Barton tribunal match thread on 19:14 - May 23 with 955 viewsLeedsR

Barton tribunal match thread on 19:05 - May 23 by QPR_John

Really am amazed at some of the the comments on here. We were at the mercy of the FA's disciplinary system last year and it if was not for a pretty good legal team we may now not be playing in the Premier League. Their idea of justice is so far removed from the concept of fairness as to be almost considered corrupt. If Barton's punishment is fair then how can the lack of punishment for Tevez and Balatelli be correct.

They clearly used the importance of the game implied by the paragraph from the judgement

"The Chairman of the Regulatory Commission stated after the hearing: “There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe.” "

I take it from the above the FA do not think the image of football was tarnised by the actions of Tevez and Balatelli

This time it was Barton but if you agree with the FA's actions dont complain when next time it might happen to a team and/or player you might support.

+1. Great to see the FA dealing with things in a balanced and even handed way. 3 match ban for the Ivanovic lad for actually punching another player, nothing for Balotelli for his attack on the Arsenal player and so on and so forth.

So do they mean that had the match been played in mid-season and didn't have the implications on the final day, they would have judged it differently?

Well done FA - jump on the media band wagon, use a sledge hammer to drive in a drawing pin. If he had been wearing Manure red, he'd have been ok.
Barton tribunal match thread on 19:34 - May 23 with 876 viewsblacky200

Have to say I thought that was harsh but not suprised by the tw*ats who run our game.

I was the first to say 12 games, do I win anything
Login to get fewer ads

Barton tribunal match thread on 19:42 - May 23 with 858 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Unfair punishment

7 game max ban IMO

I Agree with you Charlie yes joey does have a mental side and at times you just can't defend him but this ban is totally unfair and our own fans turning on him and calling for him to be sacked is just ludicrous .He got fouled plenty of times in the city game and got no protection from the ref however his reactions were wrong and should be punished but it was hardly gbh stuff.
Barton tribunal match thread on 19:48 - May 23 with 839 viewsOakwoodR

Unfair punishment

7 game max ban IMO

Spot on Charlie.

The drivel being spouted on the radio now is laughable.
If one more nob phones any radio station and asks 'why wasn't he arrested on the pitch?' I will go nuts.
Personally I want us to keep him.
No mention of Tevez punching him in the first place of course.
Barton tribunal match thread on 20:28 - May 23 with 791 viewsDanVanDyke

Absolutely laughable decision. Even speaking as a Barton apologist, I'm absolutely amazed by that. The same FA that spent so long getting Rooney's ban reduced for the same kind of malicious and petulant kick of an opposing player. I'm trusting we're gonna see some red cards for swishing a head in the general direction of an opponent next season with extra matches on the proviso that the game is televised and therefore subject to the scrutiny of millions around the world.

Hope we appeal or we're gonna have to hope for a good Carling Cup run to eat into those 12 games, 'cos I don't think he's going anywhere.
Barton tribunal match thread on 20:44 - May 23 with 734 viewsrichranger

Barton tribunal match thread on 20:28 - May 23 by DanVanDyke

Absolutely laughable decision. Even speaking as a Barton apologist, I'm absolutely amazed by that. The same FA that spent so long getting Rooney's ban reduced for the same kind of malicious and petulant kick of an opposing player. I'm trusting we're gonna see some red cards for swishing a head in the general direction of an opponent next season with extra matches on the proviso that the game is televised and therefore subject to the scrutiny of millions around the world.

Hope we appeal or we're gonna have to hope for a good Carling Cup run to eat into those 12 games, 'cos I don't think he's going anywhere.

3 red card offences at 4 games each = 12 games.

End of.
Barton tribunal match thread on 20:51 - May 23 with 714 viewswestberksr

Barton tribunal match thread on 20:44 - May 23 by richranger

3 red card offences at 4 games each = 12 games.

End of.

what's that; his, Teves' and Balotelli's?

FA thought it was easier to give him all 3 to save disrupting their summer hols with the other 2.

don't condone anything he did; but if they are throwing the book at him they need to do those 2 other scrotes too
Barton tribunal match thread on 20:54 - May 23 with 701 viewsstansleftfoot

Barton is no victim here, he represents the workforce behind a multi-million, if not billion global brand. His behaviour as a sunday morning FA affiliated Player would and could have ended up with punishment for him and the Club. QPR's refusal to support the appeal avoided the possibility of that.
He's appealed with privately employed advice from a Barrister, a Queens Counsel.
Had he left it alone and taken the punishment that a normal process could allow, he would have seen a 6/9 game suspension...deserves all he gets for being arrogant, too clever after the event and not clever enough during the match. He's a Mug and QPR will use this as a huge chance to get rid of a player who has played a bit part in our survival....i hope!
Barton tribunal match thread on 20:54 - May 23 with 701 viewsandygg

How the hell can anyone defend him? He totally lost it and acted like a F@kin thug on the pitch.
He`s a flippin disgrace, and deserves more IMO
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:15 - May 23 with 639 viewsWatford_Ranger

Barton tribunal match thread on 20:54 - May 23 by andygg

How the hell can anyone defend him? He totally lost it and acted like a F@kin thug on the pitch.
He`s a flippin disgrace, and deserves more IMO

With hindsight he might as well have really acted like a thug and given those cnts something to really writhe around in agony for.
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:18 - May 23 with 627 viewsNeil_SI

I think you need to look at this suspension in two parts and when I evaluate it as a whole, in terms of the letter of the law, Joey Barton has got off lightly.

The punishment seems severe, but when you analyse the technicalities of it, you quickly realise it's not and that overall it's pretty fair.

The first incident with Carlos Tevez, which resulted in a straight red card for Barton carried with it a mandatory and standard four game suspension by the letter of the law. This would have been the same for any other player and is received three matches for violent conduct and one additional match taking it to four because it was the second time he received a red card in the same season (even if his red card against Norwich was a ridiculously harsh outcome).

If you put that aside as a given, then the ban he's received for the other stuff is just eight matches. This is the same amount of matches that Luiz Suarez received for racist comments he made towards Patrice Evra. I've seen comments that Suarez had a shorter ban for what he did, but it's not fair to say that The FA have unfairly given Barton more just because it's twelves matches overall when combined with the original red card. Had Suarez been sent off, he'd have had at least another three games on top of his suspension too.

The reason I think Barton got off quite lightly is because of the letter of the law states that an additional game on top of the additional game is added for every additional red card a player receives.

So for example, if you receive one red card, you get three matches, if you receive another red card, you get three matches plus one additional (four), and if you get another red card, then it's three matches plus two additional (five), and another red three plus three (six) and so on, that additional game increases for each red.

Therefore, if they went by the letter of the law and deemed the other two offences as violent conduct that carried a three match suspension each, the first should have amounted to three matches plus two additional (five) and the second three matches plus three additional (six).

From a technical perspective he should have been banned for a total of eleven matches on top of the four he received as a mandatory and standard suspension, so fifteen matches overall, but they've balanced some of that out with a huge £75,000 fine.
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:23 - May 23 with 610 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with Charlie and John.Barton is being treated harsher than other players, and it all lacks consistency.

However, his behaviour was appalling, and I would rather he left our club and behaved that way elsewhere.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:26 - May 23 with 602 viewsandygg

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:23 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with Charlie and John.Barton is being treated harsher than other players, and it all lacks consistency.

However, his behaviour was appalling, and I would rather he left our club and behaved that way elsewhere.

I dont think he`s being harshly treated.

Apart from Cantona and his kung-fu kick, I cant remember a player doing anything as stupid as Joey at the City game.
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:43 - May 23 with 567 viewsderbyhoop

The punishment is absolutely fair. Could have been 15 games for accumulated red card offences.
The interesting bit is what the club decide to do about a player whose made himself unavailable for work for 1/3 of the season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:49 - May 23 with 556 viewsQPR1882

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:26 - May 23 by andygg

I dont think he`s being harshly treated.

Apart from Cantona and his kung-fu kick, I cant remember a player doing anything as stupid as Joey at the City game.

What even Balotelli jumping on Parkers head.
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:54 - May 23 with 548 viewswestolian

Bearing in mind the importance to us as a club, to elbow Tevez was gross stupidity

After that, the action against Aguero was premeditated assault

12 matches is fair - I really haven't a clue whether we should keep him or not but if they want to get rid to bring in De Jong etc then Barton has given them the perfect excuse

The club would need to act really quickly now

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:54 - May 23 with 545 viewsJamie

Barton tribunal match thread on 21:49 - May 23 by QPR1882

What even Balotelli jumping on Parkers head.

That stamp was rather more cute than Bartons onslaught needing slow motion replays to highlight it, and he was charged and punished with a 4 game ban.
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:55 - May 23 with 542 viewsQPR1882

Barton tribunal match thread on 20:51 - May 23 by westberksr

what's that; his, Teves' and Balotelli's?

FA thought it was easier to give him all 3 to save disrupting their summer hols with the other 2.

don't condone anything he did; but if they are throwing the book at him they need to do those 2 other scrotes too

100% agree

If barton had thrown the 1st punch or ran off the subs bench to get at a player being sent off does anybody honestly believe fck all would have happened to him ?????
Barton tribunal match thread on 21:56 - May 23 with 542 viewswestolian

Bearing in mind the importance to us as a club, to elbow Tevez was gross stupidity

After that, the action against Aguero was premeditated assault

12 matches is fair - I really haven't a clue whether we should keep him or not but if they want to get rid to bring in De Jong etc then Barton has given them the perfect excuse

The club would need to act really quickly now

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024