Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him 17:30 - Jun 8 with 4440 viewsIcelandDale

Retweeted by the club. Can the Fox see the rabbit anymore?
Will we be 100% scouse?
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 18:15 - Jun 8 with 4317 viewssandylaner1

dear god
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 21:43 - Jun 8 with 4082 viewsfitzochris

Aw naw.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 21:48 - Jun 8 with 4057 views442Dale

Only for Everton fans would this be of any interest. Done so little in recent years that he'd only be a squad player at best. Would he accept that?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:17 - Jun 8 with 4007 viewsColDale

his record would suggest that even at this level, which won't be a massive step down for him, he wouldn't get more than ten goals for the season. I suspect that given his name that would be classed as being a disappointing return from him. Yes he's a name player, but he's a player who if we are being honest hasn't performed anywhere for over ten years now.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:21 - Jun 8 with 3982 viewsSalwaDale

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:17 - Jun 8 by ColDale

his record would suggest that even at this level, which won't be a massive step down for him, he wouldn't get more than ten goals for the season. I suspect that given his name that would be classed as being a disappointing return from him. Yes he's a name player, but he's a player who if we are being honest hasn't performed anywhere for over ten years now.

Forget the name, if he can do a job for us then ok. The only problem comes if we sign him due to his name. Personally doubt we'll end up with him but I wouldn't object unless we broke the bank for him.

TBBT

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:25 - Jun 8 with 3976 viewsBanned4ever

he might do well for you
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:27 - Jun 8 with 3965 viewsDale_Iain

I'm normally of the opinion that we should never judge new players on their reputation and wait til we've seen them play. On this occasion though I really hope we don't sign Jeffers. When he was a young professional he was hot property, talked about as being one of the next big things. Big money move to Arsenal etc etc. And now look at him. Delighted that Rochdale are in for him. Does anyone even know the last club he played for, without Google? Has he scored more than a handful of goals for anybody in the last 7 or 8 years?

There's only one reason that a player with such talent and prospect would drop down the leagues, into obscurity. That is that they lack workrate/desire/attitude/whatever you want to call it. If you're talented and you work hard, you make it. If you're talented but you can't be arsed, you don't make it. He's yet to make it anywhere.

Really not comfortable with this (apparent) signing. Hoping to be proved wrong though!
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:43 - Jun 8 with 3913 viewsolympicdale

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:27 - Jun 8 by Dale_Iain

I'm normally of the opinion that we should never judge new players on their reputation and wait til we've seen them play. On this occasion though I really hope we don't sign Jeffers. When he was a young professional he was hot property, talked about as being one of the next big things. Big money move to Arsenal etc etc. And now look at him. Delighted that Rochdale are in for him. Does anyone even know the last club he played for, without Google? Has he scored more than a handful of goals for anybody in the last 7 or 8 years?

There's only one reason that a player with such talent and prospect would drop down the leagues, into obscurity. That is that they lack workrate/desire/attitude/whatever you want to call it. If you're talented and you work hard, you make it. If you're talented but you can't be arsed, you don't make it. He's yet to make it anywhere.

Really not comfortable with this (apparent) signing. Hoping to be proved wrong though!

he was with Sheffield wednesday if my memory serves me correctly, until he had a fall out with the gaffer (megson)?

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 23:03 - Jun 8 with 3878 viewsClivert

He must be at least worth a pre season trial? Any sort of a glimsp of his early career form would see a decent goal return at League 2 level.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 23:30 - Jun 8 with 3844 viewsDale_Iain

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 22:43 - Jun 8 by olympicdale

he was with Sheffield wednesday if my memory serves me correctly, until he had a fall out with the gaffer (megson)?

You're right, he was at Wedneday. According to Wikipedia he scored 5 goals in 3 years there. In fact he's scored a total of 20 goals since 2001.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 08:25 - Jun 9 with 3720 viewsfitzochris

He was at Motherwell very recently - flattered to deceive there too.

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 11:32 - Jun 9 with 3583 viewsBanned4ever

Sign him up, Sign him up

Ha,ha what a donkey his he colemans cousin
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 15:32 - Jun 9 with 3441 viewsPotterDale

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 23:30 - Jun 8 by Dale_Iain

You're right, he was at Wedneday. According to Wikipedia he scored 5 goals in 3 years there. In fact he's scored a total of 20 goals since 2001.

You've forgotten his 1 for England in 03!!!
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 17:26 - Jun 9 with 3327 viewsregjenkins

mmm so 20 goals in 20 games then? thats erm, yep one per game....looks good.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 21:59 - Jun 9 with 3119 viewspnc4eva1

Jeffers had a natural talent that was disrupted by injury. He may turn out to be Dale's John Macken if we sign him,

He cannot be as bad as some of the other forwards we have had over the last twenty years, I know we had the likes of Holt, Lambert, Murray, Alfie, Daggers and COg but we've also had dross too. Could he be worse than Shaw, Leonard, Williams, etc

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 01:42 - Jun 10 with 3009 viewsShun

Definitely worth a trial at least.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 17:49 - Jun 10 with 2784 viewsD_Dale

Why, at 31, after several injury-hit seasons of moving from club to club, is a player for who Arsenal paid £8m and Charlton £2.6m, prepared to come to Dale? Is it because he has frittered away his talent? Or - as he can't have spent all his cash from the good years (can he?) - is it a case of not being able to face a life outside football?

More questions than answers, though if he is by some miracle fit, Dale might benefit. But I'll be surprised if it does work out.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 11:17 - Jun 11 with 2463 viewsjohnofheywood

If Hillcroft was still here, would we be regarding this as a possible 'broken toy' signing? Like a number of others have said, it must be a question of attitude rather than ability. Seem to remember Owdham fans laughing at us when we signed COG as he had a 'sh*t attitude', and look what happened there. He's got to be worth a trial at least, followed by a game to game contract if he shows promise, heavily performance related. A small wage, with a high goals bonus, initially at least? One thing the club should not do is tie up a lot of money, either in wages or contract on what will be a big risk.
Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 11:45 - Jun 11 with 2427 viewsTomRAFC

i would be more than happy to see jeffers given a trial

we need to get ourselves someone creative though to provide for our strikers

we currently have no real wingers

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 15:40 - Jun 12 with 2201 viewsfitzochris

If we're looking at strikers aged 30+, I see James Hayter is on that PFA out-of-contract players list. The usual yadda yadda about wages may well apply, but whenever I've seen him he's been superb at this level.

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 17:11 - Jun 12 with 2068 viewselectricblue

Jeffers tweeting we're in for him on 15:40 - Jun 12 by fitzochris

If we're looking at strikers aged 30+, I see James Hayter is on that PFA out-of-contract players list. The usual yadda yadda about wages may well apply, but whenever I've seen him he's been superb at this level.

I have to agree with you on that james hayter stood out for me on that list as a possibility..
Now he is definitely worth a trial more so than Jeffers..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024