Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora 09:17 - Oct 8 with 4446 viewspomanjou

The catch on the chest, swivel and scoring shot on Saturday was outstanding and unlikely to be replicated by Zamora in his lifetime. Why waste this talent? If Tarby can instil fear into the oppo outside the penalty area think what he can do if he's doing the striker role close to goal. Zamora is looking increasing heavy legged and unfit and needs the turning time of the Atlantic Conveyor. Time to be benched.

And whilst he's at it start with Hollett and Cisse and lets have a less timid approach to attacking and bench Park and Phillips.

And Hughes, just tell Fernando that Park is injured and has long term sore throat problems which prevent his taking part in any capacity including commercial.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 09:38 - Oct 8 with 2851 viewssdm1508

I don't think it will work to be honest. Taarabt was coming from out to in, getting between defenders. If you put him as the main striker the defenders of the opposing team will know exactly where he is. I think it was his movement from outside to in that made that goal for him (plus great control)
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 09:49 - Oct 8 with 2829 viewswestberksr

with 2 CB's on him he wouldn't get the space that he can make coming in from wide or deep. Better to develop a relationship with BZ to play better together if we are sticking with a 451 or 4411.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:03 - Oct 8 with 2804 viewspomanjou

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 09:49 - Oct 8 by westberksr

with 2 CB's on him he wouldn't get the space that he can make coming in from wide or deep. Better to develop a relationship with BZ to play better together if we are sticking with a 451 or 4411.

If there are two on Tarby then someone else is free-er and I am seriously disappointed with Zamora this season and think Tarby/Cisse would be a better option. But an attakcing mentality needs to kick in from the mananger.

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:05 - Oct 8 with 2793 viewsdaveB

poor Zamora, the only striker to have scored this season and has played well in most games yet heis always the scarpegoat for some. We've been dreadful when he doesn't play and Cisse looks a shadow of the player he was last season, I'd stick with Zamora
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:16 - Oct 8 with 2770 viewsHollowayRanger

taarabt is utterly useless in the air and cant tackle

so no point what so ever crossing balls or putting them

thats fine means we have to play on floor but would limit us badly

better just behind zamorra feeding off him and either shooting from edge of area or dribbling into it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:19 - Oct 8 with 2762 viewsClive_Anderson

Shame we didn't hang onto HH to bring him in when Zamora isn't playing at his best.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:21 - Oct 8 with 2753 viewspomanjou

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:05 - Oct 8 by daveB

poor Zamora, the only striker to have scored this season and has played well in most games yet heis always the scarpegoat for some. We've been dreadful when he doesn't play and Cisse looks a shadow of the player he was last season, I'd stick with Zamora

Played well in most games, jeez! Is only use is as holdup man. But its the atttacking mentality which needs to kick in and a dropping of the 'pump it up to Zam' practice. On the ground to Tarby and/CISSE.

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 2744 viewsjamois

We need to get off the bottom quick smart or the new dynamic striker to lead the line we require in January won't sign for us.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:28 - Oct 8 with 2730 viewsTheBlob

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:16 - Oct 8 by HollowayRanger

taarabt is utterly useless in the air and cant tackle

so no point what so ever crossing balls or putting them

thats fine means we have to play on floor but would limit us badly

better just behind zamorra feeding off him and either shooting from edge of area or dribbling into it

Stan Bowles was useless in the air.
Adel can feed off knock downs from BZ,plenty of reason to get the crosses in,also the little chipped balls through as we saw at Baggies.Class players make space for themselves in the box and they always seem to have time.
Adel and BZ,why not,what can we lose?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:37 - Oct 8 with 2711 viewsClive_Anderson

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:28 - Oct 8 by TheBlob

Stan Bowles was useless in the air.
Adel can feed off knock downs from BZ,plenty of reason to get the crosses in,also the little chipped balls through as we saw at Baggies.Class players make space for themselves in the box and they always seem to have time.
Adel and BZ,why not,what can we lose?

Agree about playing him up front but....Stan scored loads of headers.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:41 - Oct 8 with 2698 viewsjamois

I think Adel could play up front but I still prefer him picking up balls in midfield and running at the opposition. He draws them in like flies and creates space and options. If he's pushed too far forward he has neither the space or time to do this and that's a waste of the best thing he brings to this team IMO.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:49 - Oct 8 with 2683 viewsJamie

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 2550 viewsrunningman75

Adel needs to be given licence to roam where he wants. He cannot defend but has the ability to score goals. The other 9 outfield players need to have specific roles but am sure most managers would want someone with Adel's ability to create chances.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 13:49 - Oct 8 with 2527 viewstoboboly

Playing Zamora AND Cisse up front would be better. And then giving them 6 games to rekindle what looked like a promising partnership last season.

And yes, what is Hoilett doing on the bench when SWP is playing? And bring Mackie in for Park. He does the "running around" thing far better than our 'captain'.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 16:22 - Oct 8 with 2440 viewshoopstar67

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 10:49 - Oct 8 by Jamie

I know how you feel.Adel as an out and out striker? Zamora has been poor? I just can't believe what i'm reading.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 16:48 - Oct 8 with 2413 viewsLowerloftLad

I rate bobby zamora always puts a shift in and gets back to defend also scored 4 times for a side who sit bottom of the league. Points won 1 points total 2 I wouldn't drop bobby adel scored 2 great goals but has yet to win us any points

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 17:03 - Oct 8 with 2383 viewstoboboly

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 16:48 - Oct 8 by LowerloftLad

I rate bobby zamora always puts a shift in and gets back to defend also scored 4 times for a side who sit bottom of the league. Points won 1 points total 2 I wouldn't drop bobby adel scored 2 great goals but has yet to win us any points

So therefore you would drop everyone that hasn't scored four goals?

Adel has been great the last two games and wasn't picked for the rest so how you can have a go at him is beyond me. There are far more people to blame than him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 17:28 - Oct 8 with 2358 viewspomanjou

Lets hear your own lateral thinking/thinking outside the box please Jamie.

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:31 - Oct 8 with 2318 viewsNorthernr

So, to summarise, take a player out of a position he's just played very well in and place him in a role he's never played in before instead of somebody who is experienced in that position and currently averaging a goal every other game in a crap side?
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:33 - Oct 8 with 2310 viewsgazza1

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:31 - Oct 8 by Northernr

So, to summarise, take a player out of a position he's just played very well in and place him in a role he's never played in before instead of somebody who is experienced in that position and currently averaging a goal every other game in a crap side?

I dunno why you bovver Norf....I rarely do nowadays
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:34 - Oct 8 with 2307 viewsClive_Anderson

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:33 - Oct 8 by gazza1

I dunno why you bovver Norf....I rarely do nowadays

Ha ha. This from the person who insists Tarbs will never make it in the Premier League.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:47 - Oct 8 with 2279 viewspomanjou

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:31 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Yes. His effort at WBA would not be replicated by Zam in a million years. I've previously been a fierce critic of Tarby but not for his talent which is self evident. He's a 'natural' with his feet even if his heading ability is almost none existent. Therefore you could play him more or less anywhere except back four and he will excel. Even if you think a goal every other game is pretty good if you can improve it by playing Tarby as a striker (last twogames, two goals) then we should. It might help to ensure pumping does not happen and attacking on the ground football does.

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 19:01 - Oct 8 with 2256 viewsgazza1

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 18:34 - Oct 8 by Clive_Anderson

Ha ha. This from the person who insists Tarbs will never make it in the Premier League.

He has not made it yet Clive.....he cant hold a regular place down in a bottom of the League side.....as for Tarbs to play up front on his own is quite farcicle.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 19:20 - Oct 8 with 2228 viewsJamie

Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 17:28 - Oct 8 by pomanjou

Lets hear your own lateral thinking/thinking outside the box please Jamie.

Why would anyone need to think outside the box? Zamora has been doing everything asked of him.
Tarby for the striker role and drop Zamora on 21:06 - Oct 8 with 2161 viewsajcoombes

i think adel taarabt will work well just behind zamora because zamora can win the ball and hold it and taarabt will feed off that and when we runs at players he is world class
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024