Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not going up will ruin the club 15:42 - Dec 3 with 2656 viewsRAFC1907

I have supported Rochdale for 25 years and have to say im worried about the club going down the same routes as Scarborough, Darlington, Halifax Town to name a few.

This isnt a dig at the manager or chairman as I think our chairman is doing a fantastic job in backing the manager and has done for our other previous to the best of his ability.

Coleman and Bell are passionate about winning, they are born winners but I can understand why supporters are frustrated when 'favourites' are being played instead of the better players for the team.

Anyway back to the original plot, if we dont get promoted this season do you think the paying public will continue to pay £20 for a game at league two level?

The die hards will do, but we have not got 2300 die hard fans, we have already seen gates drop in midweek fixtures to less than 2000.

The only way to get people through the gates is to go the same way as Wigan Athletic, Burnley etc.

Id like to think in my lifetime I will see premier league football in my home town and why not?

I look back at the years Parkin was in charge at first, 4000 fans at £10 per adult.

Keith Hills first play off attempt saw the crowds on the rise again and we got Spotland sold out with 9500.

The year after we got nowhere near that attendance, but this can only be down to match prices etc.

Had we gone up the time Parkin jumped ship this club would be a championship club now, that is my opinion anyway.

Poll: Bottomley...

not going up will ruin the club on 15:47 - Dec 3 with 1968 viewsBigDaveMyCock

FFS. I'm going talking about Clement Attlee with Banned 4 Ever.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

not going up will ruin the club on 15:49 - Dec 3 with 1964 viewsTTNYear

We wont see Premiership football in our home town. I think of what I've seen, struggling in the Championship is as high as we can go.... and that's a massive ask btw

But you keep wishing. I want to give up work and tour in a caravan around Australia, but its unlikely to happen.

I also wonder about your 'Parkin to the Championship' prediction, what do you base it on? Not having a go like....

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

not going up will ruin the club on 16:09 - Dec 3 with 1919 viewsBigDaveMyCock

not going up will ruin the club on 15:49 - Dec 3 by TTNYear

We wont see Premiership football in our home town. I think of what I've seen, struggling in the Championship is as high as we can go.... and that's a massive ask btw

But you keep wishing. I want to give up work and tour in a caravan around Australia, but its unlikely to happen.

I also wonder about your 'Parkin to the Championship' prediction, what do you base it on? Not having a go like....

'I want to give up work and tour in a caravan around Australia, but its unlikely to happen.'

If you just take the Australia bit out of it then it's definately doable.

The unintended consequence of that, however, is that it looks like your life-time ambition is to become a gypsy.

What's your choice?

Unfulfilled ambition or perpetual vests and mullet?

not going up will ruin the club on 16:11 - Dec 3 with 1915 viewsRAFC1907

not going up will ruin the club on 15:49 - Dec 3 by TTNYear

Had he stayed I have no doubts we would of won the league that season, we were coasting and had a team capable of beating anybody, not only that we the fans believed we could aswell, the buzz around the place was unreal.

The crowds would be upto around the 5000 mark, we was already getting 4000 at Christmas time, that itself tells people like the chairman what happens with success on the field, it makes him rich, the club stable and the town happy.

So why would we let it slip when gates back then were better than the saeason we did get promoted? maybe match prices have something to do with it?

But now look, back on the 2300 gates and under in midweek matches says it all.

People say Kilpatrick was crapping himself taking this club up a league, but look at how much money the club makes when we are up a league, we made more money than ever being in League one, according to our chairman.

You look the likes of Burnely and how long they have been in the Championship, when Ian Wright played for them and Gazza, £10 in and they were getting 10,000 fans and more on some games, championship football at those prices is a steal.

And from them sticking in that league the fans have stayed with them, even though the price has gone up.

Take a look at when they and Blackpool got promoted, their gates suddenly jumped from 10,00 to sell outs every week, doubling attendance and revenue.

The club without fans is nothing, and anybody thinking that next season we will get over 2500 fans on a regular basis at £20 an adult is numb unless of course we get promoted.

not going up will ruin the club on 16:13 - Dec 3 with 1906 viewssweetcorn

Is this post serious?

Premier league in your lifetime? I'm assuming you're newly born today and are going to live to a grand old age, even then its unlikely.

As for us being championship? based on what evidence?, we had no greater chance of building the club into something successful as when Hill left here, we'd just missed out on league one play-offs and had some good candidates applying for the job (judging off dunphy's comments), but that didn't work out and look where we are after one bad decision was made, back in the rochdale division, so your assumption is nothing greater than just that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

not going up will ruin the club on 16:16 - Dec 3 with 1899 viewsAtThePeake

Absolute garbage.

100% without doubt the biggest load of tosh I have ever seen posted on this forum. And with the trolls and the likes of Tazbot around I've seen a fair bit.

I can't actually be bothered to pick out, in detail, why. But if you wish for me to do so, I am more than happy to.

Tangled up in blue.

not going up will ruin the club on 16:20 - Dec 3 with 1894 viewsRAFC1907

not going up will ruin the club on 16:13 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

Is this post serious?

Premier league in your lifetime? I'm assuming you're newly born today and are going to live to a grand old age, even then its unlikely.

As for us being championship? based on what evidence?, we had no greater chance of building the club into something successful as when Hill left here, we'd just missed out on league one play-offs and had some good candidates applying for the job (judging off dunphy's comments), but that didn't work out and look where we are after one bad decision was made, back in the rochdale division, so your assumption is nothing greater than just that.

Your entitled to your opinion however im not arguing about whos opinion is right or wrong.

Your trying to argue with my opinion about Parkin years etc than accepting this club wont get more than 2500 next season which is a more relevant point.

Somes you up cock head.

not going up will ruin the club on 16:24 - Dec 3 with 1879 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 16:11 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Had he stayed I have no doubts we would of won the league that season, we were coasting and had a team capable of beating anybody, not only that we the fans believed we could aswell, the buzz around the place was unreal.

The crowds would be upto around the 5000 mark, we was already getting 4000 at Christmas time, that itself tells people like the chairman what happens with success on the field, it makes him rich, the club stable and the town happy.

So why would we let it slip when gates back then were better than the saeason we did get promoted? maybe match prices have something to do with it?

People say Kilpatrick was crapping himself taking this club up a league, but look at how much money the club makes when we are up a league, we made more money than ever being in League one, according to our chairman.

You look the likes of Burnely and how long they have been in the Championship, when Ian Wright played for them and Gazza, £10 in and they were getting 10,000 fans and more on some games, championship football at those prices is a steal.

And from them sticking in that league the fans have stayed with them, even though the price has gone up.

Take a look at when they and Blackpool got promoted, their gates suddenly jumped from 10,00 to sell outs every week, doubling attendance and revenue.

The club without fans is nothing, and anybody thinking that next season we will get over 2500 fans on a regular basis at £20 an adult is numb unless of course we get promoted.

But times have clearly changed since then. People don't have as much spare money to just plough it into something which they are not completley committed to like myself and other long term dale fans.

It was plainly obvious that its going to take more than good football to attract the crowds of rochdale to spotland, the football was as good as it will probably ever get, both entertainment-wise and results wise, under Hilly. The only thing which got the real crowds out were the special games, FCUM, Play-offs, wembley, etc.

Work needs to be done behind the scenes to get the fans in, because as it was shown its just not enough to rely on football, they go hand in hand.

Login to get fewer ads

not going up will ruin the club on 16:26 - Dec 3 with 1871 viewsfitzochris

not going up will ruin the club on 16:11 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

I'll address the top half of your post, where you claim Parkin's side would have won the division and could have beat anybody.

I went to every game that season and I can tell you confidently that we were not capable of beating anybody.

Parkin had assembled a very good side and, at that point, it was the best Dale side I had seen, but it wasn't without its flaws. An away day at Leyton Orient springs to mind as an example of how slack we could be at the back.

Yes, we gave Fulham a game at Spotland and yes, we beat Luton (when the big time charlies), but there was the chucking away of points at Shrewsbury in the last minute, and a complete mauling at Hull too.

Had Parkin stayed, I think we would have finished exactly where we did under Hollins.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

not going up will ruin the club on 16:29 - Dec 3 with 1855 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 16:20 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Your entitled to your opinion however im not arguing about whos opinion is right or wrong.

Your trying to argue with my opinion about Parkin years etc than accepting this club wont get more than 2500 next season which is a more relevant point.

Somes you up cock head.

If you're gonna make sweeping statements about us being championship if parkin had stayed, then surely you have some facts to back this up, otherwise its just a moronic post, which to be honest wouldn't suprise me.

Like i said, times have never been better than under hilly and even then we didn't get the crowds, so even your logic is all wrong.

'cock head'

not going up will ruin the club on 16:29 - Dec 3 with 1844 viewsRAFC1907

not going up will ruin the club on 16:26 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

I'll address the top half of your post, where you claim Parkin's side would have won the division and could have beat anybody.

I went to every game that season and I can tell you confidently that we were not capable of beating anybody.

Parkin had assembled a very good side and, at that point, it was the best Dale side I had seen, but it wasn't without its flaws. An away day at Leyton Orient springs to mind as an example of how slack we could be at the back.

Yes, we gave Fulham a game at Spotland and yes, we beat Luton (when the big time charlies), but there was the chucking away of points at Shrewsbury in the last minute, and a complete mauling at Hull too.

Had Parkin stayed, I think we would have finished exactly where we did under Hollins.

Again, like Sweetcorn your entitled to your opinion, but what do you think about the gates?

not going up will ruin the club on 16:32 - Dec 3 with 1830 viewsfitzochris

not going up will ruin the club on 16:29 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Again, like Sweetcorn your entitled to your opinion, but what do you think about the gates?

They're made of metal, possibly iron.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

not going up will ruin the club on 16:32 - Dec 3 with 1827 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 16:29 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

The gates are bad, no doubt.

But I don't feel as though the football on offer is the sole problem, i'd say its about 30/40% of the reason, but like i've already said, the crowds were hardly amazing under Hill, so its plainly obvious that it falls at the chairmans doorstep rather than the managers.

not going up will ruin the club on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 1824 viewsRAFC1907

not going up will ruin the club on 16:29 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

If you're gonna make sweeping statements about us being championship if parkin had stayed, then surely you have some facts to back this up, otherwise its just a moronic post, which to be honest wouldn't suprise me.

Like i said, times have never been better than under hilly and even then we didn't get the crowds, so even your logic is all wrong.

'cock head'

Thats down to the price on match days, simple as.

Do you think we will get over 2500 fans next season on average unless we go up, which was my original question at the top of the page?

not going up will ruin the club on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 1805 viewsTTNYear

The gates are shit because we weren't proactive at the time. We had a club that was league one status on the field, blue square north off it. Cracks were papered over whilst the sun shone brightly now the damage which was done at the time is coming to bite us on the backside....

Working with the trust, think tanks etc etc... I fear for the moment are too late. We've shut the gate and unfortunately the horse buggered off that long ago it's now in a kebab. The only way we can resolve the down turn is a successful campaign and the club have some long term plan... Which they haven't. There's the rub

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

not going up will ruin the club on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 1799 viewsTTNYear

not going up will ruin the club on 16:33 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Do you think we will get over 2500 fans next season on average unless we go up, which was my original question at the top of the page?

We could if we were savvy enough... The plain fact is too many people do too little ataf

not going up will ruin the club on 16:44 - Dec 3 with 1787 viewsTTNYear

not going up will ruin the club on 16:09 - Dec 3 by BigDaveMyCock

'I want to give up work and tour in a caravan around Australia, but its unlikely to happen.'

The unintended consequence of that, however, is that it looks like your life-time ambition is to become a gypsy.

What's your choice?

Bare knuckle fist fighting and a slot on channel four at some future date... Sounds right up my street

not going up will ruin the club on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 1782 viewsDaleaholic

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

not going up will ruin the club on 16:46 - Dec 3 with 1771 viewsThe_DJ

not going up will ruin the club on 16:39 - Dec 3 by TTNYear

The gates are shit because we weren't proactive at the time. We had a club that was league one status on the field, blue square north off it. Cracks were papered over whilst the sun shone brightly now the damage which was done at the time is coming to bite us on the backside....

Working with the trust, think tanks etc etc... I fear for the moment are too late. We've shut the gate and unfortunately the horse buggered off that long ago it's now in a kebab. The only way we can resolve the down turn is a successful campaign and the club have some long term plan... Which they haven't. There's the rub

The horse is in a kebab ?
Nay
not going up will ruin the club on 16:54 - Dec 3 with 1743 viewsYorkshire_Dale

not going up will ruin the club on 16:09 - Dec 3 by BigDaveMyCock

What's your choice?

"Do you like dags?"
not going up will ruin the club on 16:57 - Dec 3 with 1727 viewsBigDaveMyCock

not going up will ruin the club on 16:54 - Dec 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

"Do you like dags?"

Only fuightin dags

not going up will ruin the club on 17:02 - Dec 3 with 1713 viewschuckleberry

I like Dags
not going up will ruin the club on 17:07 - Dec 3 with 1698 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 16:33 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Its not as clear cut as being down to price alone.

If we pick up form in the second half of the season, make a couple of good signings, go far in the play-offs, but ultimatley fail along with some good promotional work, then yes, we certainly could have 2500 fans.

not going up will ruin the club on 17:14 - Dec 3 with 1685 viewsolympicdale

This thread is ridiculous! putting far too unnecessary pressure on the team, this year was always going to be about getting the team factor back, maybe pushing into the top 7 if we're lucky, and from what I've seen I think we're capable of doing that, but saying they NEED to go up is stupid, and as I said, puts added pressure that hardly any of us has on them.

Life is a game of fate.

not going up will ruin the club on 17:26 - Dec 3 with 1648 viewssandylaner1

we live in a town with high unemployment, a town centre which is largely coming redundant, no real tourist attractions, many ethnic minorities within the population who historically don't follow football (no racist), no real industry coming out of the town etc etc

eastlands/old trafford are around 10 miles away

oh and the small matter of being in a recession
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024