Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not going up will ruin the club 15:42 - Dec 3 with 2777 viewsRAFC1907

I have supported Rochdale for 25 years and have to say im worried about the club going down the same routes as Scarborough, Darlington, Halifax Town to name a few.

This isnt a dig at the manager or chairman as I think our chairman is doing a fantastic job in backing the manager and has done for our other previous to the best of his ability.

Coleman and Bell are passionate about winning, they are born winners but I can understand why supporters are frustrated when 'favourites' are being played instead of the better players for the team.

Anyway back to the original plot, if we dont get promoted this season do you think the paying public will continue to pay £20 for a game at league two level?

The die hards will do, but we have not got 2300 die hard fans, we have already seen gates drop in midweek fixtures to less than 2000.

The only way to get people through the gates is to go the same way as Wigan Athletic, Burnley etc.

Id like to think in my lifetime I will see premier league football in my home town and why not?

I look back at the years Parkin was in charge at first, 4000 fans at £10 per adult.

Keith Hills first play off attempt saw the crowds on the rise again and we got Spotland sold out with 9500.

The year after we got nowhere near that attendance, but this can only be down to match prices etc.

Had we gone up the time Parkin jumped ship this club would be a championship club now, that is my opinion anyway.

Poll: Bottomley...

not going up will ruin the club on 17:35 - Dec 3 with 695 viewsTTNYear

not going up will ruin the club on 17:26 - Dec 3 by sandylaner1

we live in a town with high unemployment, a town centre which is largely coming redundant, no real tourist attractions, many ethnic minorities within the population who historically don't follow football (no racist), no real industry coming out of the town etc etc

eastlands/old trafford are around 10 miles away

oh and the small matter of being in a recession
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

But we shouldn't give up

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

not going up will ruin the club on 17:39 - Dec 3 with 690 viewstonic

the original poster makes a decent point about the gates as checking the attendances so far we only managed about three matches above 2400, i wasnt aware our attendances where that low until just looking. I only started going the season Hillcroft got the job as my friend persuaded me to come and I have been to every home game since that day. So for me this is the worst the club has been in position wise but im not worried like other fans as we have got a long way until the seasons over. We've not got the best fan base and it may be true if we dont go back up we might lose more fans. Fingers crossed we do I have trust in the management.
not going up will ruin the club on 17:57 - Dec 3 with 668 viewssandylaner1

not going up will ruin the club on 17:35 - Dec 3 by TTNYear

But we shouldn't give up

of course not but we have to be realistic

compare football to another industry such as music - lame comparison but oh well

60/70% of people generally follow mainstream music whether that be charts, radio 1, x factor etc who think of this as gospel who don't know any different from this and won't diverge from their paths of consumer sheeps for the simon cowell et al of this world

say it's a similar ratio to football . the mainstream fan is that of your premiership fan who may/may not go to games who don't follow football beyond match of the day and the champions league and who laugh at the idea of staying up late to watch the football league show.

consumer preference is deeply ingrained within a persons core values which can't be influenced by the offer of a cheaper ticket or from a poster up in the town center.

you have to be cut out to watch lower league football, especially at rochdale I mean we dont even sell fanta for gods sake

not going up will ruin the club on 18:02 - Dec 3 with 662 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 17:57 - Dec 3 by sandylaner1

of course not but we have to be realistic

compare football to another industry such as music - lame comparison but oh well

60/70% of people generally follow mainstream music whether that be charts, radio 1, x factor etc who think of this as gospel who don't know any different from this and won't diverge from their paths of consumer sheeps for the simon cowell et al of this world

say it's a similar ratio to football . the mainstream fan is that of your premiership fan who may/may not go to games who don't follow football beyond match of the day and the champions league and who laugh at the idea of staying up late to watch the football league show.

consumer preference is deeply ingrained within a persons core values which can't be influenced by the offer of a cheaper ticket or from a poster up in the town center.

you have to be cut out to watch lower league football, especially at rochdale I mean we dont even sell fanta for gods sake

GETTING SICK TO DEATH OF NO FANTA TBH.

ITS A FARCE.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

not going up will ruin the club on 18:04 - Dec 3 with 660 viewsdangleding

The club needs to do more like stated by another poster to get fans through the turnstiles, but people in the borough of Rochdale wont spend a penny watching some of the shite being played especially when tickets at both Man U/City can be bought for same price.
not going up will ruin the club on 18:06 - Dec 3 with 652 viewssandylaner1

not going up will ruin the club on 18:02 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

GETTING SICK TO DEATH OF NO FANTA TBH.

ITS A FARCE.

phuck the playoffs

a chicken balti badboy with a can of fanta at half time we are good

and a beach towel for summer

SEE WE DONT ASK FOR MUCH ROCHDALE
not going up will ruin the club on 18:22 - Dec 3 with 630 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 18:06 - Dec 3 by sandylaner1

phuck the playoffs

a chicken balti badboy with a can of fanta at half time we are good

and a beach towel for summer

SEE WE DONT ASK FOR MUCH ROCHDALE

all i ask for is fanta.

9/10 i'm hungover at rochdale, I don't want to be drinking coca-cola when my mouth is drier than an asexual 80 year old, I want the fruity flavour of fanta ffs.

"sorry lovey, we don't have any fanta"

JOKE.

not going up will ruin the club on 18:32 - Dec 3 with 621 viewsAtThePeake

Maybe we can get The Trust to do something about this Fanta thing.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

not going up will ruin the club on 18:40 - Dec 3 with 616 viewsD_Alien

not going up will ruin the club on 18:32 - Dec 3 by AtThePeake

Maybe we can get The Trust to do something about this Fanta thing.

They could insert a Fanta Clause into their constitution?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

not going up will ruin the club on 18:48 - Dec 3 with 606 viewspioneer

not going up will ruin the club on 17:26 - Dec 3 by sandylaner1

we live in a town with high unemployment, a town centre which is largely coming redundant, no real tourist attractions, many ethnic minorities within the population who historically don't follow football (no racist), no real industry coming out of the town etc etc

eastlands/old trafford are around 10 miles away

oh and the small matter of being in a recession

"we live in a town with high unemployment, a town centre which is largely coming redundant, no real tourist attractions, many ethnic minorities within the population who historically don't follow football (no racist), no real industry coming out of the town etc etc

eastlands/old trafford are around 10 miles away "

Substitute Maine Road for Eastlands and we could have siad the same thing 20 years ago. This is looking for excuses which only plays into the hands of the numpties at the club who have failed to market the team when it was worth watching. No point now - they are not worth watching (at home) so the gates wouldn't go up if you made it free.

not going up will ruin the club on 18:53 - Dec 3 with 598 viewssandylaner1

not going up will ruin the club on 18:48 - Dec 3 by pioneer

"we live in a town with high unemployment, a town centre which is largely coming redundant, no real tourist attractions, many ethnic minorities within the population who historically don't follow football (no racist), no real industry coming out of the town etc etc

Substitute Maine Road for Eastlands and we could have siad the same thing 20 years ago. This is looking for excuses which only plays into the hands of the numpties at the club who have failed to market the team when it was worth watching. No point now - they are not worth watching (at home) so the gates wouldn't go up if you made it free.

except city are now english champions and have got a team worth watching

not looking for an excuse, it is still a factor nonetheless
not going up will ruin the club on 19:10 - Dec 3 with 576 viewssweetcorn

not going up will ruin the club on 18:48 - Dec 3 by pioneer

except city wern't in the champions league, champions of england, richest club in the world and have a team which includes some of the best talent in the world.

not going up will ruin the club on 19:29 - Dec 3 with 553 viewsR17ALE

not going up will ruin the club on 19:10 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

except city wern't in the champions league, champions of england, richest club in the world and have a team which includes some of the best talent in the world.

It is evidence without question that in the last 2 years, we have lost over 30% of our pay on the day support, circa 1000 fans.

In my opinion, you cannot blame one specific thing for this decline - a number of bad things have happened too close together in time, for the decline in our support to be inevitable.

Where we have slipped up, is while the sun was shining, we didn't fix the holes in the roof, despite forewarnings.

A decent commercial effort by the club in our best ever season could have seen us attracting over 4000 home fans as opposed to over 3000.

Take 30% from 4000 and the picture wouldn't look anywhere near as bad as it currently does.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

not going up will ruin the club on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 455 viewstonic

not going up will ruin the club on 19:29 - Dec 3 by R17ALE

It is evidence without question that in the last 2 years, we have lost over 30% of our pay on the day support, circa 1000 fans.

In my opinion, you cannot blame one specific thing for this decline - a number of bad things have happened too close together in time, for the decline in our support to be inevitable.

Where we have slipped up, is while the sun was shining, we didn't fix the holes in the roof, despite forewarnings.

A decent commercial effort by the club in our best ever season could have seen us attracting over 4000 home fans as opposed to over 3000.

Take 30% from 4000 and the picture wouldn't look anywhere near as bad as it currently does.

I agree, and Eastlands never gets filled anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024