Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you dont like it F O O K OFF 00:45 - Dec 9 with 6838 viewsThreeLions

We don't want you . Up the Dale.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:08 - Dec 9 with 1561 views442Dale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 17:24 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Were things really worse under Barrow, Simpson and Eyre? What is your evidence? I remember enjoying Stuart's wing-play under Barrow (though omitted from the team too often). I remember enjoying Simpson and McCourt (though omitted from the team too often), 5 FA Cup matches and several cracking games (amongst the dross) under Simpson. Even last season under Eyre we were far from being cast adrift at the bottom in a far, far tougher division. The games I saw were competitive at least. The "support" of the faithful is entirely laudable, saintly even, but for the rest of us football is supposed to be entertaining, not something akin to visiting a sick relative.

Stuart didn't contribute anywhere near enough under Barrow, and for once it wasn't just the manager to blame. His performances that stood out were at the end of the 96-97 season and that was it.

Simpson's own form was affected by being manager and he didn't play McCourt anywhere near enough for him to be entertaining us.

As bad as our home form is, we are still involved in games that are "competitive".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:14 - Dec 9 with 1544 viewsBobbyjoe

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:08 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Stuart didn't contribute anywhere near enough under Barrow, and for once it wasn't just the manager to blame. His performances that stood out were at the end of the 96-97 season and that was it.

Simpson's own form was affected by being manager and he didn't play McCourt anywhere near enough for him to be entertaining us.

As bad as our home form is, we are still involved in games that are "competitive".

With respect, 442, you're completely missing my point. I'm suggesting possible reasons why people are staying away in droves. I don't care how effective, efficient, fit or useful such as Stuart, McCourt or Simpson were. They were worth turning up for.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:38 - Dec 9 with 1499 viewsmightydale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:14 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

With respect, 442, you're completely missing my point. I'm suggesting possible reasons why people are staying away in droves. I don't care how effective, efficient, fit or useful such as Stuart, McCourt or Simpson were. They were worth turning up for.

hey three lions how can you called the fans who are staying away glory hunters when half of them have been watching rochdale longer than you

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 1486 views442Dale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:14 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

And you're missing mine, because in the time periods you chose to mention none of them were contributing - for a variety of reasons - and therefore I wasn't turning up to see them play (though I accept some fans might just like to know they're in the team)

..... unless you mean I was thinking "well I hope Stuart can recreate his form of the first half of 95-96" when he hadn't shown any signs that would ever happen. Or if I thought "I hope Simmo hands over the reigns so he can be the player he was when we got to the playoffs". Or "I hope Simpson actually picks Paddy regularly and we see the player he was when he burst onto the scene".

Because of course I might have been thinking those things, but because it wasn't actually happening and at no stage did time get rewritten, I was attending games and experiencing frustration at the reality of the situation.

Bit like yesterday really when I was thinking "why can't we play the formation that we used during our last home win which at least had some width"

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:46 - Dec 9 with 1474 viewsBobbyjoe

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:44 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

And you're missing mine, because in the time periods you chose to mention none of them were contributing - for a variety of reasons - and therefore I wasn't turning up to see them play (though I accept some fans might just like to know they're in the team)

..... unless you mean I was thinking "well I hope Stuart can recreate his form of the first half of 95-96" when he hadn't shown any signs that would ever happen. Or if I thought "I hope Simmo hands over the reigns so he can be the player he was when we got to the playoffs". Or "I hope Simpson actually picks Paddy regularly and we see the player he was when he burst onto the scene".

Because of course I might have been thinking those things, but because it wasn't actually happening and at no stage did time get rewritten, I was attending games and experiencing frustration at the reality of the situation.

Bit like yesterday really when I was thinking "why can't we play the formation that we used during our last home win which at least had some width"

Why do you sound so cross all the time?
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:52 - Dec 9 with 1455 views442Dale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:46 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Why do you sound so cross all the time?

Because Andy Thackeray chose to kick against the wind.

The rest of it? I can understand why fans look back fondly to days gone by, being shite was almost as much fun as being ace. It doesn't mean we can't stay objective about it all.

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:25 - Dec 9 with 1414 viewsTVOS1907

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 17:24 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Were things really worse under Barrow, Simpson and Eyre? What is your evidence? I remember enjoying Stuart's wing-play under Barrow (though omitted from the team too often). I remember enjoying Simpson and McCourt (though omitted from the team too often), 5 FA Cup matches and several cracking games (amongst the dross) under Simpson. Even last season under Eyre we were far from being cast adrift at the bottom in a far, far tougher division. The games I saw were competitive at least. The "support" of the faithful is entirely laudable, saintly even, but for the rest of us football is supposed to be entertaining, not something akin to visiting a sick relative.

We had three years of no progress at all under Barrow. His highest-ever position was reaching ninth on 11th October 1997 after we beat Darlington 5-0, but it was surrounded by masses of dross.

Of course players like Stuart were great to watch on their day, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't take us anywhere and their day was too sporadic.

Which games did you see under Eyre?

I saw all but the Aldershot League Cup tie and the vast majority were far from "competitive", especially those towards the end of his tenure.

We drew 1-1 at home to Chesterfield, yet could have easily been 4/5 down at half-time.

We were thrashed 3-1 at Exeter in the previous game.

Both teams came down with us.

We lost in the FA Cup to, at the time, the 91st team in the Premier League/Football League.

And so on ... again ...

The current predicament doesn't and never will mean Barrow's and Eyre's sackings weren't correct, albeit both were too late.

Yours,

Not A Cross TVOS

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:36 - Dec 9 with 1393 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:25 - Dec 9 by TVOS1907

We had three years of no progress at all under Barrow. His highest-ever position was reaching ninth on 11th October 1997 after we beat Darlington 5-0, but it was surrounded by masses of dross.

Of course players like Stuart were great to watch on their day, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't take us anywhere and their day was too sporadic.

I saw all but the Aldershot League Cup tie and the vast majority were far from "competitive", especially those towards the end of his tenure.

We drew 1-1 at home to Chesterfield, yet could have easily been 4/5 down at half-time.

We lost in the FA Cup to, at the time, the 91st team in the Premier League/Football League.

And so on ... again ...

The current predicament doesn't and never will mean Barrow's and Eyre's sackings weren't correct, albeit both were too late.

Yours,

Not A Cross TVOS

What were Barrow's, Simpson's and Eyre's Home records like compared to Coleman's TVOS?

PS I'm not talking about the indie crap Sweetmore plays

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Login to get fewer ads

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:39 - Dec 9 with 1384 viewsBobbyjoe

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:25 - Dec 9 by TVOS1907

And so on ... again ...

Yours,

Not A Cross TVOS

Again, with respect, TVOS, all I'm suggesting is that one was more likely to attend an entertaining game then, than pertains at present. We're just approaching things from different angles.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:58 - Dec 9 with 1366 viewsColDale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:39 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Again, with respect, TVOS, all I'm suggesting is that one was more likely to attend an entertaining game then, than pertains at present. We're just approaching things from different angles.

We've had back to back five goal thrillers, and you're wanting more entertainment?
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 21:51 - Dec 9 with 1324 viewsTVOS1907

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:39 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Rather like the aforementioned Stuart at various points of various seasons.

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 22:08 - Dec 9 with 1300 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 19:38 - Dec 9 by mightydale

hey three lions how can you called the fans who are staying away glory hunters when half of them have been watching rochdale longer than you

Eh what's that got to do with anything. First dale game was in 1986 but been a regular for over 15 years so not too shoddy. The people I was aiming my albeit terrible rant at are the ones who expect and demand that we win every game and play like Barcelona.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 23:08 - Dec 9 with 1277 viewsTVOS1907

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 20:36 - Dec 9 by SteTsGoldenBoot

What were Barrow's, Simpson's and Eyre's Home records like compared to Coleman's TVOS?

PS I'm not talking about the indie crap Sweetmore plays

In league matches only:

Barrow: Pld 69, W 34, D 17, L 18, F 99, A 60 (% points 57.5)

We had a particularly good home record in 97/98, picking up 48 points out of 69. Unfortunately away from home it was 10 points out of 69!

Simpson: Pld 23, W 7, D 6, L 10, F 30, A 30 (% points 39.1)

Eyre: Pld 11, W 2, D 5, L 4, F 12, A 16 (% points 33.3)

Coleman Pld 21, W 7, D 6, L 8, F 29, A 29 (% points 42.9)

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 07:53 - Dec 10 with 1223 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 23:08 - Dec 9 by TVOS1907

In league matches only:

Barrow: Pld 69, W 34, D 17, L 18, F 99, A 60 (% points 57.5)

We had a particularly good home record in 97/98, picking up 48 points out of 69. Unfortunately away from home it was 10 points out of 69!

Simpson: Pld 23, W 7, D 6, L 10, F 30, A 30 (% points 39.1)

Eyre: Pld 11, W 2, D 5, L 4, F 12, A 16 (% points 33.3)

Coleman Pld 21, W 7, D 6, L 8, F 29, A 29 (% points 42.9)

So its fair to say that both results and brand of football are far worse for our paying customers than tha Barrow era?

On a par with Simmo? But we had a good cup run and the £750,000 it brought in to at least cheer about.

So actually we haven't had it much worse than the current dross Judith Charmers is serving up!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 02:46 - Dec 16 with 1105 viewsThreeLions

Same statement different week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024