Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moderating on here - advice wanted please 12:30 - Dec 18 with 4721 viewsColDale

I'd say there's a number of issues on here at the moment: leaks, wind up posters and general abusive postings.

I have always said that this board will always be run the way that the people on here want it to be and there is no change to that. There's been no outside influence behind this posting, but the past fornight has been the most bizarre that there's been and not for the first time since last December, it seems this messageboard is at times bigger than the club which is ridiculous. If we're reaching the stage that rumours on here are leading to the manager meeting supporters, then for all the good PR a genuine motive brought with it, it can't be healthy in the long term.

When you've been moderating boards as long as I have, you can usually tell the difference between someone wanting to make a point and someone who is being abusive. You can tell the difference between those with genuine concern and those heading down the abusive stage. We didn't have what we have now in the last days of the Eyre regime where things were in a far worse state than right now. Do I need to start making decisions on what is a wind up and what isn't and deleting posts and banning users? Does freedom of speech come at a price worth paying?

As for the leaks, well there's two issues there. The club need to get their own house in order and ensure that things are kept watertight. The messageboard is an easy target on this but this is nowt but a vehicle to do so. Had it not been here, it would have been on twitter etc, so the source of the leaks is the issue not where the leaks are placed. Secondly, whoever is leaking such will eventually trip themselves up and that will ultimately lead to the end of a career. If someone gets a reputation for leaking information whether directly or indirectly, then no club will ever touch them again. If JC thinks this might be down to a career being stifled as was suggested, further leaks will lead to the end of a career. If I was doing the leaking (and for the record, I'm neither mighty nor scouse), I wouldn't want to risk that.

I'm happy to take on board any advice from people on here with regards what direction we should be taking.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:03 - Dec 24 with 550 viewsroccydaleian

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:48 - Dec 23 by TomRAFC

i should have made my post more clear. it was a reference to those who post direct abuse at some people.

i am very anti-censorship and banter and mickey taking are one of the biggest parts of football and football forums in my opinion but there are a select few on here who feel they can be directly cruel and mean and i feel the worst of those people are some of the longest serving members.

it is all well and good keeping vigilance against new posters who make accounts just to mess people about but banning them will do little to change the forum if seasoned members behave this way as they have done particularly of late.

I presume you might be having a pop, about people who give Tazbot some stick? Don't forget that he makes a massive rod for his own back.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:43 - Dec 24 with 519 viewsTomRAFC

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:03 - Dec 24 by roccydaleian

I presume you might be having a pop, about people who give Tazbot some stick? Don't forget that he makes a massive rod for his own back.

just for the record i most definately wasn't having a pop about the tazzy issue

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:46 - Dec 24 with 514 viewsroccydaleian

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:43 - Dec 24 by TomRAFC

just for the record i most definately wasn't having a pop about the tazzy issue

Ok. Fair do's. Merry Christmas Tom.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 01:00 - Dec 24 with 507 viewsTomRAFC

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:46 - Dec 24 by roccydaleian

Ok. Fair do's. Merry Christmas Tom.

you too sweetie pie

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024