Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moderating on here - advice wanted please 12:30 - Dec 18 with 4722 viewsColDale

I'd say there's a number of issues on here at the moment: leaks, wind up posters and general abusive postings.

I have always said that this board will always be run the way that the people on here want it to be and there is no change to that. There's been no outside influence behind this posting, but the past fornight has been the most bizarre that there's been and not for the first time since last December, it seems this messageboard is at times bigger than the club which is ridiculous. If we're reaching the stage that rumours on here are leading to the manager meeting supporters, then for all the good PR a genuine motive brought with it, it can't be healthy in the long term.

When you've been moderating boards as long as I have, you can usually tell the difference between someone wanting to make a point and someone who is being abusive. You can tell the difference between those with genuine concern and those heading down the abusive stage. We didn't have what we have now in the last days of the Eyre regime where things were in a far worse state than right now. Do I need to start making decisions on what is a wind up and what isn't and deleting posts and banning users? Does freedom of speech come at a price worth paying?

As for the leaks, well there's two issues there. The club need to get their own house in order and ensure that things are kept watertight. The messageboard is an easy target on this but this is nowt but a vehicle to do so. Had it not been here, it would have been on twitter etc, so the source of the leaks is the issue not where the leaks are placed. Secondly, whoever is leaking such will eventually trip themselves up and that will ultimately lead to the end of a career. If someone gets a reputation for leaking information whether directly or indirectly, then no club will ever touch them again. If JC thinks this might be down to a career being stifled as was suggested, further leaks will lead to the end of a career. If I was doing the leaking (and for the record, I'm neither mighty nor scouse), I wouldn't want to risk that.

I'm happy to take on board any advice from people on here with regards what direction we should be taking.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:14 - Dec 18 with 1325 viewsrafc1984

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 15:55 - Dec 18 by DaleAwaydayBot

why should i be banned most people love my Away Day Review's & Guide's what are very helpful to Supporters (Fans)

Sorry, course they do...
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:14 - Dec 18 with 1321 viewsrafc1984

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 16:17 - Dec 18 by judd

rafc1984 suggested banning Tazzy and banned4ever.

Let 'em be.

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:54 - Dec 18 with 1291 viewspioneer

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 14:40 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

I'd tend to agree with that, except JC hinted that the postings about him last year might have resulted in the closing down of the forum*, if he'd decided to take action.

* not sure if this is possible from the legal angle, but nevertheless, the threat was there and who wants to find themselves having to fight a legal battle about it?

In the light of this, I'd say lets keep all options open. If the recent trend of malicious posts continues, we should move towards a first and only warning via email, then a ban.

Id like to see him try - simply a scouser bully tactic.

He seems to be doing a lot of verbally 'throwing his weight around' at the moment.

Classic distraction (among others) to the real issues - results.

I expect if we were to go on a 6 game unbeaten run all talk of moles and closing down forums would disappear. Mind you thats all hypothetical isn't it?
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:58 - Dec 18 with 1282 viewsrafc1984

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:54 - Dec 18 by pioneer

He seems to be doing a lot of verbally 'throwing his weight around' at the moment.

I expect if we were to go on a 6 game unbeaten run all talk of moles and closing down forums would disappear. Mind you thats all hypothetical isn't it?

Its been mis-quoted this. He said to me yesterday that if any of it had been put on twitter then he may have cosidered his options.

There was never any mention of shuting this forum down.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:15 - Dec 18 with 1266 viewsR17ALE

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:58 - Dec 18 by rafc1984

Its been mis-quoted this. He said to me yesterday that if any of it had been put on twitter then he may have cosidered his options.

There was never any mention of shuting this forum down.

There was to me!

I had to bite my lip in order not to blurt out we'd all be off to Cambridge if that happened!!! Mind you, I think that would have whooshed him!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:20 - Dec 18 with 1258 viewsThe_DJ

Ban scousers.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:51 - Dec 18 with 1228 viewsrafc1984

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:15 - Dec 18 by R17ALE

There was to me!

I had to bite my lip in order not to blurt out we'd all be off to Cambridge if that happened!!! Mind you, I think that would have whooshed him!

Interesting, he defo never said that to me though, we spoke about this board, and he felt it was healthy for fans to have a place to air there views...
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 19:23 - Dec 18 with 1199 viewsTalkingSutty

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:51 - Dec 18 by rafc1984

Interesting, he defo never said that to me though, we spoke about this board, and he felt it was healthy for fans to have a place to air there views...

I can cofirm R17ALE version of events i was also in the room at the same time. Coleman said he considered libel action and he would get the forum closed down.

In fairness he then went on to say how the rumour of him turning up for training whilst drunk last season ( when the much publicised bust up with Jones took place )was a lie and was something that could easily impact on the rest of his career.

If it was a lie then i think we can all understand Colemans reaction.
Login to get fewer ads

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 20:51 - Dec 18 with 1154 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 18:20 - Dec 18 by The_DJ

Ban scousers.

Mate, you can't do that. The Beatles were pretty good. Live and let live.

What about Stan Boardman........The Germans, bombed our Chippies...........the Germans.................. the errrr.......Germans.........

And Jimmy Tarbuck

Yeah you're right ban the fookin lot of them.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 10:35 - Dec 19 with 1097 viewsD_Alien

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 17:54 - Dec 18 by pioneer

It's not just about JC's comments, but the general principle of anyone posting something that could potentially lead to legal action being taken.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 10:48 - Dec 19 with 1080 viewsRicardo

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 19:23 - Dec 18 by TalkingSutty

I can cofirm R17ALE version of events i was also in the room at the same time. Coleman said he considered libel action and he would get the forum closed down.

In fairness he then went on to say how the rumour of him turning up for training whilst drunk last season ( when the much publicised bust up with Jones took place )was a lie and was something that could easily impact on the rest of his career.

If it was a lie then i think we can all understand Colemans reaction.

I heard it was not true he was drunk

I also heard it is very true he and Bell were very very very late.

I also heard that Gary was not invited to attend the match at the weekend. I heard he was told in no uncertain terms to stay away from the club until after the weekend

I heard that was in response to being called unprofessional by an unnamed player

Make of it what you want. Not nudge nudge wink wink - but puts into context what you can believe you were all told
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 12:08 - Dec 19 with 1025 viewsSuddenLad

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 10:48 - Dec 19 by Ricardo

I heard it was not true he was drunk

I also heard it is very true he and Bell were very very very late.

I also heard that Gary was not invited to attend the match at the weekend. I heard he was told in no uncertain terms to stay away from the club until after the weekend

I heard that was in response to being called unprofessional by an unnamed player

Make of it what you want. Not nudge nudge wink wink - but puts into context what you can believe you were all told

"Not invited" ? He was club and team captain. Why would he need an 'invite' to attend the match ?

So a fellow professional called him 'unprofessional'. Why ? - what had he done to incur the wrath of another player ?

More allegations and intrigue, all of which is pointless...........let's move on eh ?

By the way, I once attended a training session in the late 60's when many of the squad were engaged in smoking and playing cards in the main stand instead of running round the perimeter of the pitch getting fit. Shock, horror but there's nowt we can do about it now.............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 16:21 - Dec 19 with 965 viewsboromat

My take on it (for what it's worth) is that we should all be doing our part. If a post is seen to be 'abusive' in any way, shape or form such as it could be detrimental to the club or a supporter then we should be clicking the 'Report Abuse' button. If there is enough reports then Col can use his experience to take the appropriate action(s).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 16:29 - Dec 19 with 963 viewsRicardo

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 12:08 - Dec 19 by SuddenLad

"Not invited" ? He was club and team captain. Why would he need an 'invite' to attend the match ?

So a fellow professional called him 'unprofessional'. Why ? - what had he done to incur the wrath of another player ?

More allegations and intrigue, all of which is pointless...........let's move on eh ?

By the way, I once attended a training session in the late 60's when many of the squad were engaged in smoking and playing cards in the main stand instead of running round the perimeter of the pitch getting fit. Shock, horror but there's nowt we can do about it now.............

Not disputing your training regime

I had to chose my words carefully

Not invited appears to be a Scouse venacular that was accepted in the way it was delivered

Needless to say the rest is now history
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 16:43 - Dec 19 with 947 viewsjonesy

You must keep Tazzy. What has he done to upset people? Excellent awayday reports. His heart is in the right place.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 21:40 - Dec 19 with 875 viewsNewbury_Dale

When was Mighty Scouse's last post ? we might have seen the last of him
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:06 - Dec 23 with 764 viewsBazzanne

Col, for a start get rid of Carrot chin who either thinks he or she is a great comedian, or just wants to wind people up and then sit back at the computer getting off at the fact that people are silly enough to reply to the post. The official site towards the end suffered much the same way, with idiots like "Mother Teresa" posting garbage no one wanted to see. In the end the board was a dismal flop and I fear that if we keep getting the sort of posts like "mighty scouse and rabbit chin" this forum is heading down the same path. It's all very well having a laugh sometimes but not malicious threads and puerile humour. Wouldn't want the job for quids!
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:21 - Dec 23 with 742 viewsmizfit

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:06 - Dec 23 by Bazzanne

Col, for a start get rid of Carrot chin who either thinks he or she is a great comedian, or just wants to wind people up and then sit back at the computer getting off at the fact that people are silly enough to reply to the post. The official site towards the end suffered much the same way, with idiots like "Mother Teresa" posting garbage no one wanted to see. In the end the board was a dismal flop and I fear that if we keep getting the sort of posts like "mighty scouse and rabbit chin" this forum is heading down the same path. It's all very well having a laugh sometimes but not malicious threads and puerile humour. Wouldn't want the job for quids!

i remember mother teresa on the official site can i ask what was so malicious about them? never said anything offensive it was light hearted humour
are you a bacupdale fan?
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:39 - Dec 23 with 733 viewssandylaner1

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:21 - Dec 23 by mizfit

i remember mother teresa on the official site can i ask what was so malicious about them? never said anything offensive it was light hearted humour
are you a bacupdale fan?

mother teresa posts here, obviously under a different username
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 08:19 - Dec 23 with 696 viewsBazzanne

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:21 - Dec 23 by mizfit

are you a bacupdale fan?

I never said mother Theresa's post were malicious but "humour"? you obviously have a different take on humour to mine. No I don't know Bacupdale nor do I have an opinion of him one way or the other. I just get sick of the so called humourists on here and the idiotic postings that I think detract from the forum. My opinion, I don't ask you to agree.
Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 11:09 - Dec 23 with 666 viewsR17ALE

To be fair to Col, he took swift action last night to prevent yet another anti Dale troll invasion.

It's unfair that he has to take such action whilst he's trying to enjoy Match of the Day, but there really are some coonts out there.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 22:34 - Dec 23 with 535 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 00:06 - Dec 23 by Bazzanne

To Make it clear - Carrot is nothing to do with T.R.!!!

If J.C. wants to take legal action against a tool that makes undefensable comments ok - but he will only do it if he knows he is in the right.

I say let anyone say what they like - if they say something clearly offenceive/Racist/Abusive - report to the police Col. - after maybe an initial warning depending on severity and situation.

You do enough without reading every comment - but clearly new posters are more liable to post dogtoffee - as has been proven.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:08 - Dec 23 with 520 viewsTomRAFC

knowing you all these years i would say that i trust your judgement col.

the one thing i would say is be careful not to let people you know on personal terms get away with things you know they would mean in jest when others might not to be able to assume such a thing.

i am not suggesting in the slightest that you would do this.

however what i am suggesting is that some of the worst culprits of late are some of our most seasoned posters.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:24 - Dec 23 with 505 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:08 - Dec 23 by TomRAFC

knowing you all these years i would say that i trust your judgement col.

the one thing i would say is be careful not to let people you know on personal terms get away with things you know they would mean in jest when others might not to be able to assume such a thing.

i am not suggesting in the slightest that you would do this.

however what i am suggesting is that some of the worst culprits of late are some of our most seasoned posters.

In fairness though Tom they do not overstep the mark - as they have some brains and as such will not break confidences - they have opinions yes - but thats totally fine.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:48 - Dec 23 with 492 viewsTomRAFC

Moderating on here - advice wanted please on 23:24 - Dec 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness though Tom they do not overstep the mark - as they have some brains and as such will not break confidences - they have opinions yes - but thats totally fine.

i should have made my post more clear. it was a reference to those who post direct abuse at some people.

i am very anti-censorship and banter and mickey taking are one of the biggest parts of football and football forums in my opinion but there are a select few on here who feel they can be directly cruel and mean and i feel the worst of those people are some of the longest serving members.

it is all well and good keeping vigilance against new posters who make accounts just to mess people about but banning them will do little to change the forum if seasoned members behave this way as they have done particularly of late.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024