Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
off topic 16:56 - Dec 18 with 1622 viewsrochdale1

Random I know, but after having a discussion with an oldham fan today, thought id ask on here.. I think its be asked before but with oldham and bury stuggling to pay bills and falling gates at rochdale .. Would people ever consider a merged club?? 10000 fans in a new stadium on kingsway ?? I think it might be the way for alot of clubs to survive in thr future..... What do others think?
off topic on 16:59 - Dec 18 with 1605 viewsrochdale1987

no thanks
off topic on 17:00 - Dec 18 with 1597 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

we told them to shove it up their arse a couple of years ago i can't stand what MK Dons did it doesn't make it right this whole Manchester North End thing i'd go and support Rochdale Town if it happened if were gonna die lets die with dignity knowing we followed The Dale through it all and that an IF which i highly doubt Buckets and Biffos can sort out their own mess they overspent so why should we fix it???

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

off topic on 17:01 - Dec 18 with 1583 viewssandylaner1

been mentioned on here before about a 'greater manchester club'

it wouldn't work not now or ever.

no thanks
off topic on 17:03 - Dec 18 with 1577 viewsrochdale1

off topic on 17:00 - Dec 18 by DaleAwaydayBot

we told them to shove it up their arse a couple of years ago i can't stand what MK Dons did it doesn't make it right this whole Manchester North End thing i'd go and support Rochdale Town if it happened if were gonna die lets die with dignity knowing we followed The Dale through it all and that an IF which i highly doubt Buckets and Biffos can sort out their own mess they overspent so why should we fix it???

Fair enougth, surley there would be some benifits tho ?? Crowds etc ?? Not saying its what id want, if we dont need to why should we ?? Just can see some benefits, didnt think aprroach to do it a few years ago was genuine
off topic on 17:05 - Dec 18 with 1569 viewsbanterluke

off topic on 17:01 - Dec 18 by sandylaner1

been mentioned on here before about a 'greater manchester club'

it wouldn't work not now or ever.

no thanks

I don't agree with the idea but how can you categorically say it would never work?
off topic on 17:06 - Dec 18 with 1563 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

off topic on 17:03 - Dec 18 by rochdale1

Fair enougth, surley there would be some benifits tho ?? Crowds etc ?? Not saying its what id want, if we dont need to why should we ?? Just can see some benefits, didnt think aprroach to do it a few years ago was genuine

I would go and support Rochdale Town at Mayfield Sports Centre i don't believe in Franchise Football look at the likes of Rushden & Diamonds it never did them any faviours merging or the likes of Hayes & Yeading

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

off topic on 17:08 - Dec 18 with 1556 views442Dale

off topic on 17:03 - Dec 18 by rochdale1

Didn't realise it was so long ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/1999/jan/09/newsstory.sport6

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

off topic on 17:12 - Dec 18 with 1536 viewssweetcorn

For the time being, it'd be a definate no from me. However if a time came where we could no longer survive alone then yes, i'd rather have a club to support than no club whatsoever.

However merging for the simple reason that bury and oldham can't afford to exist, then why should they have a slice of our well run, stay within our means club?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

off topic on 17:15 - Dec 18 with 1529 viewsColDale

If you combined the crowds from Dale and Oldham, there'd still be no guarantee of playing above League 2.
off topic on 17:23 - Dec 18 with 1500 viewsPDIDDY

off topic on 17:00 - Dec 18 by DaleAwaydayBot

Talking of sorting out a mess, get a job then you can get some new clothes, teeth crowned, shower and do your hair you scruffy little scrounging rat.... Keep up the good work tazspot

Gissa job

off topic on 17:27 - Dec 18 with 1476 viewsroccydaleian

No thanks.
off topic on 19:02 - Dec 18 with 1408 viewsDomDale

Absolutely not. There are a few benefits with increased revenue but too many cons.
Personally I see football as a tribal thing. You have a team and you stick by it.
I can't stand Bury or Oldham. Hate them. But I miss the games against them and for that reason I wouldn't want them and our rivalries to disappear into some homogenous superclub.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

off topic on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 1354 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

off topic on 19:53 - Dec 18 with 1328 viewsmizfit

off topic on 19:02 - Dec 18 by DomDale

Absolutely not. There are a few benefits with increased revenue but too many cons.
Personally I see football as a tribal thing. You have a team and you stick by it.
I can't stand Bury or Oldham. Hate them. But I miss the games against them and for that reason I wouldn't want them and our rivalries to disappear into some homogenous superclub.

Would hardly be humongous nor super
off topic on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 1272 viewsNotEyreClue

off topic on 19:53 - Dec 18 by mizfit

Homogeneous not humongous...

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

off topic on 21:02 - Dec 18 with 1251 viewsDomDale

off topic on 19:53 - Dec 18 by mizfit

ho·mo·ge·ne·ous (hm-jn-s, -jnys)
adj.
1. Of the same or similar nature or kind: "a tight-knit, homogeneous society"

2. Uniform in structure or composition

Super as in the size of the club(s), being amalgamation of all 3. Not super as in its good!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

off topic on 22:52 - Dec 18 with 1185 viewsShun

A teeny tiny part of me quite likes the idea.
off topic on 02:23 - Dec 19 with 1139 viewsolympicdale

off topic on 22:52 - Dec 18 by Shun

A teeny tiny part of me quite likes the idea.

kind of agree with you there Shun, lil bit in the back of me head thinks it might not be a bad idea, will never happen of course.

Life is a game of fate.

off topic on 04:42 - Dec 19 with 1133 viewsfrenzied

wouldnt want to merge with anyone but ground sharing surely will come
off topic on 09:38 - Dec 19 with 1076 viewsMAlert

No Thank you never
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024