Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gornell signs for dale 15:39 - Jan 10 with 7423 viewsThreeLions

On permanent contract
gornell signs for dale on 19:10 - Jan 10 with 1750 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 19:00 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

I'm a Lillis fan but even I have to admit some of his decision making has been way off this season. Even in the past 2 games where he's improved he's still been caught in no mans land a couple of times but got away with it. Lets hope the 2nd half of the season will be a lot steadier.

he's a league 2/1 keeper, he's going to have some flaws otherwise we wouldn't have him, the days of the Hahnemanns and Heatons of the world appearing at Dale are over for the time being, Lillis will be a good keeper for us, I dont think many see him as the weak link.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 1725 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

gornell signs for dale on 19:10 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

he's a league 2/1 keeper, he's going to have some flaws otherwise we wouldn't have him, the days of the Hahnemanns and Heatons of the world appearing at Dale are over for the time being, Lillis will be a good keeper for us, I dont think many see him as the weak link.

I dont think the GK coach trying to coach 'the continental' way is helping.

Flapping and slapping at balls he would normally come and catch.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

gornell signs for dale on 19:23 - Jan 10 with 1718 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 19:20 - Jan 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I dont think the GK coach trying to coach 'the continental' way is helping.

Flapping and slapping at balls he would normally come and catch.

well if you watch the bundesliga or any other league, their keepers often prefer to punch rather than catch.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 19:26 - Jan 10 with 1706 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

gornell signs for dale on 19:23 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

well if you watch the bundesliga or any other league, their keepers often prefer to punch rather than catch.

He plays in League 2 though!

gornell signs for dale on 19:27 - Jan 10 with 1700 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 19:26 - Jan 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

He plays in League 2 though!

doesnt matter, its just how they're taught, clearly the german coach will have given Lillis this as an advice into clearing the ball.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 19:32 - Jan 10 with 1687 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

gornell signs for dale on 19:27 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

doesnt matter, its just how they're taught, clearly the german coach will have given Lillis this as an advice into clearing the ball.

I realise that.

I just dont think that changing the way Josh has been taught for the past 15 years(rough guess) now, has done him any favours.

Hence he is in two minds, hence he has make mistakes that have lead to goals.

gornell signs for dale on 19:41 - Jan 10 with 1659 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 19:32 - Jan 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I realise that.

I just dont think that changing the way Josh has been taught for the past 15 years(rough guess) now, has done him any favours.

Hence he is in two minds, hence he has make mistakes that have lead to goals.

yeah he sometimes doesnt know whether to catch or punch, hense the flapping. I'm more in favour of punching than catching, if done right, it gets the ball away, especially if it's a crowded box.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 1647 viewsfitzochris

gornell signs for dale on 19:41 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

yeah he sometimes doesnt know whether to catch or punch, hense the flapping. I'm more in favour of punching than catching, if done right, it gets the ball away, especially if it's a crowded box.

Whereas catching, if done right, kills an attack stone dead.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

gornell signs for dale on 19:55 - Jan 10 with 1618 viewsThacks_Rabbits

gornell signs for dale on 19:45 - Jan 10 by fitzochris

Totally agree!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

gornell signs for dale on 20:02 - Jan 10 with 1597 viewsRalphs12

gornell signs for dale on 19:41 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

You've just killed your own argument there
gornell signs for dale on 20:10 - Jan 10 with 1572 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 20:02 - Jan 10 by Ralphs12

You've just killed your own argument there

okay I'll admit defeat, but I still think he needs to decide what he's gonna do, his past indecisiveness has cost goals no doubt.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 20:14 - Jan 10 with 1554 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

gornell signs for dale on 20:10 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

okay I'll admit defeat, but I still think he needs to decide what he's gonna do, his past indecisiveness has cost goals no doubt.

So have you decided if he's good enough OD or are you still indecisive?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

gornell signs for dale on 21:26 - Jan 10 with 1465 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 20:14 - Jan 10 by SteTsGoldenBoot

So have you decided if he's good enough OD or are you still indecisive?

this fence is awfully uncomfortable ill give you that.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 22:44 - Jan 10 with 1393 viewsphomem

gornell signs for dale on 21:26 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

this fence is awfully uncomfortable ill give you that.

You'll get splinters where you don't want them
gornell signs for dale on 02:12 - Jan 11 with 1348 viewsBeefCurtain

Lillis isn't even half the keeper he was when he was here on loan. At present, I'm worried everytime he comes out to collect the ball and I'm a spectator, god knows what the defenders think! Has to affect their confidence and decision making somewhat. He's a good shot stopper and nothing more for me.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

gornell signs for dale on 02:33 - Jan 11 with 1288 viewsBlueDutch

gornell signs for dale on 02:12 - Jan 11 by BeefCurtain

Lillis isn't even half the keeper he was when he was here on loan. At present, I'm worried everytime he comes out to collect the ball and I'm a spectator, god knows what the defenders think! Has to affect their confidence and decision making somewhat. He's a good shot stopper and nothing more for me.

None of the players are shining having to play a system that doesn't work. If the don't play as they are told they are pilloried by the manager and coach and when they do play to the system then they are pilloried by the crowd. No wonder they look indecisive. I feel sorry for Lillis and Bennett because apart from those two (in defence) the rest aren't good enough in my eyes.

upthedale.nl

gornell signs for dale on 03:35 - Jan 11 with 1280 viewsolympicdale

gornell signs for dale on 19:45 - Jan 10 by fitzochris

What i actually meant was that in a crowded box id prefer he punch it rather than try to catch it, as he's looked uncomfortable claiming it, and on a couple of occasions nearly dropped it at an attackers feet.

Life is a game of fate.

gornell signs for dale on 07:49 - Jan 11 with 1237 viewsClivert

Lillis was at fault for Wimbledon's goal last week. It was his dreadful short goal kick (again!) which put us back on the back foot which led to his wonderful double save which then led to the corner that they eventually scored from.

He has tried to be more assertive recently in coming early for crosses, long balls into the box etc but as a keeper you have to get something on the ball in these situations and he hasn't been doing so. It's a good thing that he is trying to do this because 99 times out of a 100 it usually leads to a foul being given in favour of the keeper.

I thought he was excellent during his first spell, probably Hill's second best keeper signing behind Heaton but this season he hasn't looked the same keeper as even for someone described as a 'Great shot stopper' he's let some woeful goals in, Accrington and Southend spring to mind to straight away.
gornell signs for dale on 08:13 - Jan 11 with 1220 viewsdingdangblue

gornell signs for dale on 07:49 - Jan 11 by Clivert

Lillis was at fault for Wimbledon's goal last week. It was his dreadful short goal kick (again!) which put us back on the back foot which led to his wonderful double save which then led to the corner that they eventually scored from.

He has tried to be more assertive recently in coming early for crosses, long balls into the box etc but as a keeper you have to get something on the ball in these situations and he hasn't been doing so. It's a good thing that he is trying to do this because 99 times out of a 100 it usually leads to a foul being given in favour of the keeper.

I thought he was excellent during his first spell, probably Hill's second best keeper signing behind Heaton but this season he hasn't looked the same keeper as even for someone described as a 'Great shot stopper' he's let some woeful goals in, Accrington and Southend spring to mind to straight away.

Also if he's under instructions from Coleman to pass it short EVERY time, He's still got to use his nouse - if the centre back is facing him and the opposition forward is 5 yards away - DONT BLOODY GIVE IT HIM! Some of the risk taking beggars belief at times. I'm all for the passing game and Lillis not just hoofing it 60yards but there has to be more thought about it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

gornell signs for dale on 08:47 - Jan 11 with 1197 viewsClivert

gornell signs for dale on 08:13 - Jan 11 by dingdangblue

Also if he's under instructions from Coleman to pass it short EVERY time, He's still got to use his nouse - if the centre back is facing him and the opposition forward is 5 yards away - DONT BLOODY GIVE IT HIM! Some of the risk taking beggars belief at times. I'm all for the passing game and Lillis not just hoofing it 60yards but there has to be more thought about it.

Correct, also Wimbledon had begun the extremely well and had been all over us sometimes a long punt upfield from a goalkeeper relieves a bit of pressure for at least a few minutes.
gornell signs for dale on 09:22 - Jan 11 with 1163 viewsaleanddale

gornell signs for dale on 08:13 - Jan 11 by dingdangblue

Agreed.

Common sense required.

Its a shame its not that bloody common!!!!
gornell signs for dale on 09:54 - Jan 11 with 1134 viewsMass_Debater

gornell signs for dale on 19:00 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

I'm a Lillis fan but even I have to admit some of his decision making has been way off this season. Even in the past 2 games where he's improved he's still been caught in no mans land a couple of times but got away with it. Lets hope the 2nd half of the season will be a lot steadier.

So you're saying he's inconsistent ..........
gornell signs for dale on 12:06 - Jan 12 with 977 viewsboromat

Also surprised by the 6 month contract and undisclosed fee. I am guessing we haven't paid a fee upfront but there will be fees to pay depending on goals, appearances etc.

I'm shocked we have'n't heard any other transfer news. I'm worried we're waiting to ship players out before we get players in. We've been trying to loan a lot of our players out since the start of the season and few have gone out. What's the chance of shipping them out now?

Hope we don't end up panic signing at the end of January.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024