Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood Article. 11:20 - Jan 11 with 2390 viewsrafcjosh

It's an interesting read on how to boost revenue within a League 2 football club. Perhaps Dunphy should take note & give this guy a call.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19955525
Fleetwood Article. on 11:45 - Jan 11 with 2345 viewsdingdangblue

As far as I'm aware Spotland and all its various facilities are available to hire also so no difference there? Fleetwood do however sell their star players for 1 million + add ons.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fleetwood Article. on 11:52 - Jan 11 with 2331 viewsStAnnesDale

You mean things like

4 new stands - well Fleetword have 3 and a new roof on the away end. - Dale have 3 and a new roof on the Sandy. Fleetword capacity is arund 5,500, Dale is over 9,000.
Run his business from the club using club office space - he does that
Use hospitality boxes and bars for functions other than on match days - he does that
An adult ticket, programme, pie, and tea for £21.60. I think it is around that price in the Sandy line.

Like Dale, Fleetwood are struggling for gates now the novelty of League Football has worn off. Fleetwood will have a much higher wage bill and sign players (Parkin, Ball etc) that Dale could never afford but aside from the £1 million they received for Vardy, to continue at this level will require more funding from the Chairman.

Only difference has been

that the Fleetwood chairman has put £10 million quid in himself, whereas Dale finances to date have been self-sustaining.

Fleetwood got 1 million for Vardy and Dale got nowhere near that for Buckley and short of that for Dawson (who in my opinion are better players)

Used to watch Fleetwood occasionally as they rose up the pyrmaid. Stopped going when they stopped you paying cash on the turnstile (at least for home supporters). Now have to book on-line nad get ticket posted (stops last minute decisions) or queue up at the one open window to buy or collect a ticket - given the queue game would have been half-way through by the time I got in.
Fleetwood Article. on 12:41 - Jan 11 with 2259 viewsRalphs12

Fleetwood Article. on 11:52 - Jan 11 by StAnnesDale

You mean things like

4 new stands - well Fleetword have 3 and a new roof on the away end. - Dale have 3 and a new roof on the Sandy. Fleetword capacity is arund 5,500, Dale is over 9,000.
Use hospitality boxes and bars for functions other than on match days - he does that
An adult ticket, programme, pie, and tea for £21.60. I think it is around that price in the Sandy line.

Like Dale, Fleetwood are struggling for gates now the novelty of League Football has worn off. Fleetwood will have a much higher wage bill and sign players (Parkin, Ball etc) that Dale could never afford but aside from the £1 million they received for Vardy, to continue at this level will require more funding from the Chairman.

Only difference has been

that the Fleetwood chairman has put £10 million quid in himself, whereas Dale finances to date have been self-sustaining.

Fleetwood got 1 million for Vardy and Dale got nowhere near that for Buckley and short of that for Dawson (who in my opinion are better players)

Used to watch Fleetwood occasionally as they rose up the pyrmaid. Stopped going when they stopped you paying cash on the turnstile (at least for home supporters). Now have to book on-line nad get ticket posted (stops last minute decisions) or queue up at the one open window to buy or collect a ticket - given the queue game would have been half-way through by the time I got in.

Don't think the business is based at the club anymore.
Fleetwood Article. on 13:04 - Jan 11 with 2225 viewsYouTubeDale

Fleetwood Article. on 11:52 - Jan 11 by StAnnesDale

You mean things like

Only difference has been

Our spies/scouts are doing good work out there. Thanks for the report StAnnesDale.

Anybody reporting in at Burnley...what is Long doing????

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Fleetwood Article. on 19:38 - Jan 11 with 2090 views442Dale

This stood out, as it has previously when Fleetwood have been featured:

"We've thought long and hard and we speak all the time about 'what do fans want on their Saturday afternoon?'" explained Pilley.
"They need to feel wanted, they need to feel appreciated, they need to be thanked for their support..."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fleetwood Article. on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 2079 viewsdingdangblue

Fleetwood Article. on 19:38 - Jan 11 by 442Dale

This stood out, as it has previously when Fleetwood have been featured:

"We've thought long and hard and we speak all the time about 'what do fans want on their Saturday afternoon?'" explained Pilley.
"They need to feel wanted, they need to feel appreciated, they need to be thanked for their support..."

They need 3 points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fleetwood Article. on 09:09 - Jan 12 with 1999 viewsBoss_Hog

If I was Dunphy I would do the exact opposite and avoid clubs of the ilk of Fleetwood completely.

Whilst I have the utmost respect for Mr Pilley and the money he has pumped in, the 'model' he is building is completely unsustainable and this can be highlighted by the fact they have players on £5,000 a week at that club. They recently took the captain of a Championship club on loan on a not too dissimilar wage, albeit he has returned now but I would like to see their financial figures for this season even with the Vardy money included.

Their playing budget is astronomical compared to ours and many others in League Two despite the fact they have gates around the 2k mark. Novelty is waring off in Fleetwood and for me they are an accident waiting to happen.

It remains to be seen whether I am right of course.
Fleetwood Article. on 11:58 - Jan 12 with 1956 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, the clubs with bigger fan bases or potential fan bases are the one's which could give you some kind of "return" on your investment. Ploughing millions more into Fleetwood would be dead money. Yes, they could get into the Championship but would probably drop out quickly. If the owner has lots of money to spend perhaps his "return" is personal pride in his team. And that is good enough reason. You can't take the money with you once you are dead.

"an accident waiting to happen" - reminds me of Dogshit!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024