Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes - worst ever Y/N 18:39 - Jan 14 with 5455 viewsstuabd

After Clive's match report where he said that Hughes was possibly the worst manager we've ever had, what do you think?

Given the resources and time, I'd say...

Yes!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 06:40 - Jan 15 with 729 viewsPommyhoop

Hughes by a mile.
Backed to the hilt and pissed it up the wall.
Terrible man management.
Unbelievable arrogance.
And the fact I was suckered in hook line and sinker by him..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 06:47 - Jan 15 with 721 viewsKingy27

Totally agree with this. It wasn't Hughes that galvanised the players last year, imo they did it themselves. That Liverpool win was vital and the knock on effect is written in history.
Imo, Hughes is the worst manager we've ever had because of the money he wasted, buying players without thinking about his final formation, his lack of motivational skills and the fact he is an arrogant c**t.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:05 - Jan 15 with 695 viewsVish

Hughes all day long. He has set us back years. I imagine he knows that he's unlikely to get another job in management now. I am suprised he's not spoken about being sacked yet. Can just imagine him saying 'there was a lot of work to do, he inherted a poor squad, we would have survived if he was in charge etc'.

tw*t.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:20 - Jan 15 with 682 viewsJonDoeman

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 06:40 - Jan 15 by Pommyhoop

Hughes by a mile.
Backed to the hilt and pissed it up the wall.
Terrible man management.
Unbelievable arrogance.
And the fact I was suckered in hook line and sinker by him..

HICC

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 673 viewsisawqpratwcity

I was going to say that I feel sorry for Hughes, but I couldn't compose the post without listing why we have so much reason to dislike the pr*ck.

Absolutely guarantee the next job he gets isn't going to be Premier, I reckon he'd be lucky if it's League One.

And another thing, look for him to home in on another cashed up new owner, inexperienced in football, to spread his 'club with ambition' bullsh*t on.

F*ck 'im!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:49 - Jan 15 with 656 viewsTheBlob

Does no one remember Tommy Docherty then?
Frank Sibley got us relegated AND signed Brian Williams.
Ergo,Hughes was a positive saint by comparison.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:52 - Jan 15 with 651 viewsN12Hoop

We've had some poor managers for sure, Mullery and the Houston/Rioch double act for starters. But, in terms of having what appeared to be huge resources but royally fcking it up,Hughes has to be the champion of sh1t managers for all the reasons already stated. In fact I think he should be prosecuted for fraud.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 649 viewsElHoop

If the question were 'the most disastrous managerial reign' then I'd probably agree with the Hughes era but I'm not convinced that it was all his fault and he's getting blamed for 'financial' strategies/decisions which weren't necessarily his or wholly his. But the question is who is the worst manager ever and there's guys from the past who wouldn't have had a semblance of a clue in the situation in which Hughes found himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 09:05 - Jan 15 with 637 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 08:49 - Jan 15 by TheBlob

Does no one remember Tommy Docherty then?
Frank Sibley got us relegated AND signed Brian Williams.
Ergo,Hughes was a positive saint by comparison.

Don't know much about Docherty's second time round but at least his (28 day) spell in the '60's had the good grace to end with a resignation.

(Seem to remember some whingeing about Rodney not turning up for training.)

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 610 viewsPeterHucker

no mention of Waddock yet????
great player for us yes but what an appalling manager.
When he was caretaker manager, he took us from comfortable midtable to 1 place above the relegation zone. If the season had gone on a week longer we'd have gone down.
Any club with any semblance of a brain would've said thank you very much, sent him on his way and got a different manager. But instead GP gave him a brand spanking new contract which we then had to pay off a month into the new season when surprise surprise he turned out to be rubbish. Genius.

Still not the worse though.

Pound for pound, Hughes is the worst because no QPR manager has ever had access to the kind of spending power he had and he was somehow able to spend loads and make the team far worse. TF has to take some of the blame for that too though, for being so keen to get rid of all the promotion team because they weren't "big names".

Other names definitely in consideration have already been mentioned, Mullery, Ray Harford.
Wilkins deserves to be mentioned for the atrocious way he spunked the Les money up against the wall but apart from that I didn't think he did a terrible job. Replacing Les with Hately was a terrible mistake but Zelic was actually a very good player, it's not really Ray's fault that he didn't settle in London. And after we got relegated, I still honestly believe that if Gallen hadn't have got injured at Pompey and if Ray has stuck with us, we would have come straight back up that season.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 603 viewsPhilmyRs

I don't like Hughes but there are a few decisions he's made that I think demonstrated good management. His handling of Adel in the long run has proved inspired. Since leaving him out Adel has come back a transformed player, and more importantly, character. I think Hughes deserves some credit for that. I also think some of his signings have been impressive - Ceasar, Nelsen, Onoua, and I think Samba could still do a job in time. Although I do agree he's made some shocking buys as well. In my top 3 of worst managers but from what I've had fed down to me over the years, Mullery was worse. I also hated Harford and didn't mind Wilkins.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 10:18 - Jan 15 with 596 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 09:47 - Jan 15 by PeterHucker

no mention of Waddock yet????
great player for us yes but what an appalling manager.
When he was caretaker manager, he took us from comfortable midtable to 1 place above the relegation zone. If the season had gone on a week longer we'd have gone down.
Any club with any semblance of a brain would've said thank you very much, sent him on his way and got a different manager. But instead GP gave him a brand spanking new contract which we then had to pay off a month into the new season when surprise surprise he turned out to be rubbish. Genius.

Still not the worse though.

Pound for pound, Hughes is the worst because no QPR manager has ever had access to the kind of spending power he had and he was somehow able to spend loads and make the team far worse. TF has to take some of the blame for that too though, for being so keen to get rid of all the promotion team because they weren't "big names".

Other names definitely in consideration have already been mentioned, Mullery, Ray Harford.
Wilkins deserves to be mentioned for the atrocious way he spunked the Les money up against the wall but apart from that I didn't think he did a terrible job. Replacing Les with Hately was a terrible mistake but Zelic was actually a very good player, it's not really Ray's fault that he didn't settle in London. And after we got relegated, I still honestly believe that if Gallen hadn't have got injured at Pompey and if Ray has stuck with us, we would have come straight back up that season.

I have to take you to task on two points.

Yes it is Hughes fault if he takes an inexperienced, cashed-up owner for a ride. Hughes touted his expertise, and it never came through.

And no, I don't forgive Wilkins for signing Zelic without some commitment to living in London.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024