Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off Topic SKY Subscription 10:32 - Jan 25 with 1601 viewsBushman

Need an new HD box,thinking of moving to Virgin but have everything with SKY movies,sports,internet & phone & worried about the hassle of switching.

Do you think they would offer a new box if I threaten to move?

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 1564 viewsoohmewhisky

I threatened to leave a year ago and they gave me 9 months free line rental and broadband. Always worth a shot, just be prepared to call their bluff if not.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 1556 viewsMkPaul

They were really really unhelpful when I called to leave last week, offered me £9 a month discount for 3 months ... So I left will wait and see what they offer me to come back, they were offering 75% off for 12 months before Xmas to people once they left so will have to wait and see. With all these things depends who you get on the phone
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 10:51 - Jan 25 with 1549 viewsJamie

Did this a few weeks ago as we had been having problems with our box and they kept insisting "just reset the box and it will be fine". Engineer was round with a new box and new remote within 48 hours.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 10:57 - Jan 25 with 1524 viewsCroydonCaptJack

They definitely will. I did this and got a free HD box and a reduction
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 1466 viewsbaz_qpr

Moved 2 weeks ago to Virgin after 8 years with Sky. If you call Sky and tell them you are going to leave they will throw a load of stuff at you.

However Virgin gave me Tivo box, Free HD channels (sky sports / movies not included) upped my broadband from the paltry 2mb I was actually receiving to 30mb

I've kept Sky sports and Sky movies and Sky on demand. I've lost Sky Atlantic and some African movies.

IMHO Virgin offers far far better value than Sky at the moment if you do the lot TV / Broadband and Phone £90 - £100 with Virgin about £150 with Sky and it does not cut out when its windy or there is snow on the dish

When Sky wanted to know why I was leaving I told them that why should I have to threaten to leave to get a competitive price, and even then they cant match price but the thing that really pishes me off is the extra monthly charge for HD
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 1447 viewschris1969

I did the same as Baz and moved to Virgin this week. Had Sky for 7 years but sick getting re-conditioned equipment (other people's cast offs) which worked for a few weeks and then needed constant re booting. I was amazed after I cancelled know called from retention to try and change my mind.

Very happy with new boxes and enjoying some improvements plus now have HD in every room. Loss of Sky Atlantic is only downside but will download Game of Thrones and Boardwalk when they start again.

After 18 months might return to Sky if the deal is right. Will be easy now I am wired for both.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 12:14 - Jan 25 with 1429 viewsHAYESBOY

Even though i cant stand the manority owner i am pleased with SKY. Switched over to the complete set about 2 years ago. All the TV channels (HD & on demand), unlimted broadband and the phone. Based on my call usage sending the monthly bill higher the cost is approx 85 quid a month.

The only plus i can see with Virgin is the line speed increasing.

Threaten SKY to leave and they should offer you something, dont ask you dont get

Smells like a trout farm in here

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 1356 viewsbaz_qpr

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 12:14 - Jan 25 by HAYESBOY

Even though i cant stand the manority owner i am pleased with SKY. Switched over to the complete set about 2 years ago. All the TV channels (HD & on demand), unlimted broadband and the phone. Based on my call usage sending the monthly bill higher the cost is approx 85 quid a month.

The only plus i can see with Virgin is the line speed increasing.

Threaten SKY to leave and they should offer you something, dont ask you dont get

You get a free second "+" box which for me was a major plus for me as well as the internet (sky will charge you an extra £20 to get the same speed) - On demand is pretty good as well as you get Skyondemand all the catch up from from the main 5 plus some other stuff
Login to get fewer ads

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 14:38 - Jan 25 with 1345 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I called Sky off the back of this thread and told them I was leaving to go to Virgin because of price.

They gave me £22.50 off my bill for the next 9 months and and free wireless plug in for the HD box to pick up the on demand channels from me router up stairs.

The funniest bit is, I can not get virgin in my area, youd think they would check this but I thought I'd chance me arm.

Cheers for the promt!
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 1343 viewsMrSheen

Is Premier Sports on Virgin yet? I can't do without NRL and GAA.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 20:36 - Jan 25 with 1234 viewsBushman

Thanks for all the advice.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 21:25 - Jan 25 with 1175 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I stuck with sky as explained above but must admit I get everything but films on hd and multiroom for 90 a month and u couldn't have got the same on virgin
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 21:28 - Jan 25 with 1167 viewsTGRRRSSS

I've got a 7 year old Sky PLus box and it's starting to struggle now, can I wangle a new freebie off them?
Also on my other box (Standard one) the remote control most of the numbers don't work anymore but I donn't wanna spend a fortune on new ones you can get at Tesco Home and places like that.
Otherwise generally I've been happy with Sky but time to wangle myself a deal methinks.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 21:55 - Jan 25 with 1146 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 21:28 - Jan 25 by TGRRRSSS

I've got a 7 year old Sky PLus box and it's starting to struggle now, can I wangle a new freebie off them?
Also on my other box (Standard one) the remote control most of the numbers don't work anymore but I donn't wanna spend a fortune on new ones you can get at Tesco Home and places like that.
Otherwise generally I've been happy with Sky but time to wangle myself a deal methinks.

Yes they will give you a new one and try eBay for the remote or ask for that as well
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 22:06 - Jan 25 with 1133 viewsJamie

Off Topic SKY Subscription on 21:28 - Jan 25 by TGRRRSSS

Yes, as above happened to us and they kept fobbing us off saying to reset the box which solved the problem for a week. Ended up saying we were leaving and had a new box within 48 hours. Engineer got so frustrated at sticking remote buttons he gave us new remotes too.
Off Topic SKY Subscription on 22:08 - Jan 25 with 1132 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'll give this a bit of a whirl next week and see what happens, bit of negotiation never hurts anyhoo
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024