Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin - time to move on? 20:08 - Jan 26 with 4391 viewsYorkRanger

What is the consensus on here? It seems there are some who will never criticise him (for past performances in the promotion year) and others who think he is a shadow of the player he was and no longer worth perservering with.

Fair enough he has had a rough time but are we now past the point of no return?

Looks like Harry has probably made his mind up - is he right?
Faurlin - time to move on? on 05:11 - Jan 27 with 1079 viewsBklynRanger

Seb I agree with a lot of that, other than 2 clear points -

Clint Hill isn't a 'maybe', he's a fcuking legend, a model for what effort and commitment can achieve. The times when he's been played as a left back were a total waste and misunderstanding of the man.

Ale has played with Granero in the middle before, and done very well - the game before the West Ham mismatch in fact. He knows the players, he knows football, that is not the current issue. He's been rushed back too quickly I suppose, gets no support from Harry, and is in the worst form of his life. Personally I think we've got to keep him, got to.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 05:27 - Jan 27 with 1068 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Faurlin - time to move on? on 05:11 - Jan 27 by BklynRanger

Seb I agree with a lot of that, other than 2 clear points -

Clint Hill isn't a 'maybe', he's a fcuking legend, a model for what effort and commitment can achieve. The times when he's been played as a left back were a total waste and misunderstanding of the man.

Ale has played with Granero in the middle before, and done very well - the game before the West Ham mismatch in fact. He knows the players, he knows football, that is not the current issue. He's been rushed back too quickly I suppose, gets no support from Harry, and is in the worst form of his life. Personally I think we've got to keep him, got to.

I agree. The quick fix player in, player out mentality seems to have infected everyone (well a lot on this mb anyway)

It's got to be Yarg

Faurlin - time to move on? on 07:26 - Jan 27 with 1052 viewscheeseydane

Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Feldy

I thought he was one of the better players today, Granero, Park and Ferdinand atrocious, can't believe Hughes paid 9m for Granero.

He didnt. Harry said the Granero fee was nothing like 9m.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Faurlin - time to move on? on 09:09 - Jan 27 with 1015 viewsHAYESBOY

Faurlin has played very well this year, Chelsea and Spuds away. He was fantastic away at Spuds where we dominated Spurs the first half due to Faurlin and Granero having all the possession and dictating the game. I remember last year Faurlin making the Man City midfield look ordinary at times and was the best player on the pitch by a mile that night.
IMO it would be madness to let him go anywhere. Even if we get Capoue, which i doubt, we need a squad. Park is the one who needs to be moved on from the midfield.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Faurlin - time to move on? on 12:12 - Jan 27 with 962 viewsQPR_Jim

There's no escaping the fact that he was awful in the first half, passing the ball out for a throw 2-3 times and over hitting through balls a lot. However I thought he improved in the second half and showed flashes of what I expect from Faurlin so I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

Also it was good to see him cynically pull down a player that beat him. I remember a lot of fans criticising him for not doing that when players beat him for pace last season.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 12:35 - Jan 27 with 948 viewsTacticalR

I can't judge Faurlin on yesterday's performance, as I only saw the goal highlights.

A lot of us thought he was getting back to form with the home win against Fulham.

It seems to me that it's best to use him as a creative midfielder, with minimal defensive duties (just tackling in midfield). He works well with Derry, an almost purely defensive player who prowls around in front of the back four, mops up trouble and looks to pass the ball to a more creative midfielder. Having said that, if a creative player is off form it's more noticeable than with an average player, and at the moment we need players who are completely in the game for 90 minutes.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin - time to move on? on 13:15 - Jan 27 with 930 viewsPhilmyRs

A few weeks back there was a thread on here dedicated to Faurlin. Some posters went so far as to say should Faurlin be sold it will be the worst bit of business the club has ever done and even mentioned there was no better centre midfielder that would be willing to come to Rangers.

Right now I could name plenty better than him. Faurlin pre-injury I would struggle, but he's not on his game. We aren't in a position to hand hold him through his injury problems and allow him to play himself in to form. We have to pick a team than can compete and get us out this mess. Until Faurlin show's he's over his injury problems and will add value he shouldn't be considered. The idea of sending him out on loan to get some games makes sense and will allow us to assess his form away from a relegation dog fight. I'm sure a Manager at Leeds would love to get him till the end of the season.

Those that can't understand Harry's position are looking at this with biased eyes. What Harry has seen of Faurlin can't have impressed him. He's been slower than usual, poor with the ball and seemed lost during games. He can only judge on what he's seeing now, not the wolves away or Man City home where we were lucky enough to see the man run the show.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 906 viewsQPunkR

ARG - a bit touchy and biased there I'd have to say. Ale was absolutely fúcking atrocious yesterday, he couldn't pass 5 yards and misplaced innumerable balls.
I personally don't think we should sell him but it's all too easy to see why people are criticising him, he was the 3rd worst player out there after Park and Ferdinand yesterday.
And as to your 1st point about no-one criticising him after his assist for Bobby Zee's goal against Spurs, why would anyone criticise him for a beautiful assist!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:13 - Jan 27 with 900 viewsWeaverQPR

Should be loaned out for the rest of the season and next seasons manager can take a look at him in the summer when shaping his squad.

@WeavQPR

Faurlin - time to move on? on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 875 viewsantoknee64

Loan Ale to Leeds rest of the season i reckon NW with get him back on form.
Sad to see the lad leave as i still feel he has something special to offer.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 15:20 - Jan 27 with 864 viewsQPR_ARG

Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:08 - Jan 27 by QPunkR

ARG - a bit touchy and biased there I'd have to say. Ale was absolutely fúcking atrocious yesterday, he couldn't pass 5 yards and misplaced innumerable balls.
I personally don't think we should sell him but it's all too easy to see why people are criticising him, he was the 3rd worst player out there after Park and Ferdinand yesterday.
And as to your 1st point about no-one criticising him after his assist for Bobby Zee's goal against Spurs, why would anyone criticise him for a beautiful assist!

Well...being in Buenos Aires with plenty of water between me and Loftus Road, it was impossible for me to comment on how Ale played yesterday. It still is, as I haven't watched the match.

Feel free to judge him on 90 atrocious minutes for our team as a whole. I won't do that.

And I think you've missed my point re: that assist to Zamora. Of course nobody would criticise a player for making an assist! What I meant was that it was an assist that came AFTER his injury and for a lot of people he can't play football after that injury. He obviously can, but tell me how many players (Solskjaer and Chicarito aside) that can have an impact on limited minutes and playing a couple of matches every two months...

And those examples I gave you...they go on the pitch and walked into an assembled, solid, always-attacking team. Far easier to play in than at the current QPR side with a lot of out-of-form out-of-their-own-depth professionals.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 840 viewsgobbles

The problem is that Faurlin is a big earner at the club. I'm pretty certain he got a nice new contract in the Premier League under Warnock when Fernandes had taken over and his agent was agitating about a move. That puts him into the same category as all these other big wages we can't afford to have sitting around when they are not in the team.
If he goes out on loan and does badly and we go down, we might be stuck with him as another massive earned in the Championship. The likes of Cisse or Granero are always likely to find a club abroad that will want them.
But if we could get a fee for Faurlin and Ferdinand now, I'd say do it.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 804 viewsTacticalR

Just had a look at the MK Dons highlights (or lowlights) and Faurlin:

1) Provided the crossfield pass to Bothroyd to knockdown to DJ for the first (disallowed) chance.
2) Provided the crossfield pass to Zamora to knockdown to Bothroyd for the first goal.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin - time to move on? on 17:11 - Jan 27 with 782 viewsderbyhoop

Faurlin - time to move on? on 15:35 - Jan 27 by gobbles

The problem is that Faurlin is a big earner at the club. I'm pretty certain he got a nice new contract in the Premier League under Warnock when Fernandes had taken over and his agent was agitating about a move. That puts him into the same category as all these other big wages we can't afford to have sitting around when they are not in the team.
If he goes out on loan and does badly and we go down, we might be stuck with him as another massive earned in the Championship. The likes of Cisse or Granero are always likely to find a club abroad that will want them.
But if we could get a fee for Faurlin and Ferdinand now, I'd say do it.

Is he a big earner? Compared with Bosingwa, Green , Granero, etc

He's not the same player he was 13 months ago but to write him off, when he hasn't had a run of games seems premature. A loan spell at a lower level woul allow us to judge whether it's a temporary loss of form or if he really cannot play at our level anymore.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Faurlin - time to move on? on 18:03 - Jan 27 with 753 viewsstansleftfoot

Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Feldy

I thought he was one of the better players today, Granero, Park and Ferdinand atrocious, can't believe Hughes paid 9m for Granero.

QPR didn't pay £9 million
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:14 - Jan 27 with 696 viewsgobbles

Faurlin - time to move on? on 17:11 - Jan 27 by derbyhoop

Is he a big earner? Compared with Bosingwa, Green , Granero, etc

He's not the same player he was 13 months ago but to write him off, when he hasn't had a run of games seems premature. A loan spell at a lower level woul allow us to judge whether it's a temporary loss of form or if he really cannot play at our level anymore.

He might not be a big earner compared to some, but he's a big earner compared to what we can afford and he's not in the team
Faurlin - time to move on? on 09:30 - Jan 28 with 631 viewsbeeeater

He's been awful for a long time. Even the away game at Spurs he turned away from the ball and they scored. That one moment sums up he's game. He's an almost but not quite type of player.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 605 viewssexton

Faurlin - time to move on? on 09:30 - Jan 28 by beeeater

He's been awful for a long time. Even the away game at Spurs he turned away from the ball and they scored. That one moment sums up he's game. He's an almost but not quite type of player.

Well he's not perfect, but who is? He was our best midfielder until his injury after which the dimwit Hughes rushed him back.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 598 viewsfakekerby

Nice to see some of the loyalty fans have towards a player who is at a good age and has been through a horrific injury and has been in and out of an awful team and yet to find his feet again.

No wonder players aren't loyal back.

Pretty appalled by some of you tbh.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 12:58 - Jan 28 with 564 viewshoops_legend

Faurlin - time to move on? on 10:03 - Jan 28 by fakekerby

Nice to see some of the loyalty fans have towards a player who is at a good age and has been through a horrific injury and has been in and out of an awful team and yet to find his feet again.

No wonder players aren't loyal back.

Pretty appalled by some of you tbh.

As i say on another thread - loan him to Leeds. Neil will pamper him and get him back in form then next season will be gem

Even that will make me sad as love him at QPR however we definetly can't sell the lad!!

I don't think HR likes him though - his comments on the MK dons game seem to centre around him with the comment on people told me hes good but I havent seen it!

Just think he needs a run in the team
Faurlin - time to move on? on 13:14 - Jan 28 with 544 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin - time to move on? on 12:58 - Jan 28 by hoops_legend

As i say on another thread - loan him to Leeds. Neil will pamper him and get him back in form then next season will be gem

Even that will make me sad as love him at QPR however we definetly can't sell the lad!!

I don't think HR likes him though - his comments on the MK dons game seem to centre around him with the comment on people told me hes good but I havent seen it!

Just think he needs a run in the team

Said it before. I think it would be phenomenally short sighted to let him go, given where we're likely to be next year.

On Sat he was v. poor first half...better in the second and was one of the few still going and putting in slide tackles in the last few minutes. He does care. Most of that bunch didn't.

Also, gobbles, I do think he was better than Granero yesterday. Granero was abysmal in the second half AND completely gave up when they scored the 3rd. He just stopped tracking his runner at all. They almsot scored twice from crosses where is runner ran unchecked and the ball just whistled by. On one occassion he was on the edge of the centre circle hands on hips.

For all Ale's misplaced passes, he kept tracking back and kept trying and kept showing for the ball. Granero simply stopped trying. That is unforgiveable.

It was also his ball into the box that set up the first goal....so at least he had some end product today. Don't recall Granero doing so.

So, please explain why you find it so amazing such an opinion may exists around who was "least bad".

On another note, I'd imagine most fans who've watched the last two games where we've played 4-4-1-1 (WH) and 4-4-2 (MK Dons) can appreciate that playing with only 2 CMs simply doesn't work for us and the players available.

Against Chelsea and Spurs we played 3 outright CMs. Those 5 home games we won at the end of last season we played with 3 CMs.

Against Man City tomorrow, I'd be amazed, concerned and annoyed, if we don't play 3 CMs given recent performances and history.

So, if you accept we should play 3 CMs, who would everyone want?

Clearly 2 are Derry and Mbia. Who's the third? Park, Granero or Faurlin.

I think we can all agree that Park is by far the most limited and weakest option. Therefore it's a straight shoot out. I still think Faurlin is a better bet. His opta stats were a couple of games back, pissing all over Graneros. He was excellent against Fulham and I think he cares more.

Adel will have to be moved out wide with Remy through the middle. We just can't control the game in a 4-4-2, especially if it's Derry, who needs to sit deep to be effective.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 527 viewsVish

Faurlin - time to move on? on 13:14 - Jan 28 by Hunterhoop

Said it before. I think it would be phenomenally short sighted to let him go, given where we're likely to be next year.

On Sat he was v. poor first half...better in the second and was one of the few still going and putting in slide tackles in the last few minutes. He does care. Most of that bunch didn't.

Also, gobbles, I do think he was better than Granero yesterday. Granero was abysmal in the second half AND completely gave up when they scored the 3rd. He just stopped tracking his runner at all. They almsot scored twice from crosses where is runner ran unchecked and the ball just whistled by. On one occassion he was on the edge of the centre circle hands on hips.

For all Ale's misplaced passes, he kept tracking back and kept trying and kept showing for the ball. Granero simply stopped trying. That is unforgiveable.

It was also his ball into the box that set up the first goal....so at least he had some end product today. Don't recall Granero doing so.

So, please explain why you find it so amazing such an opinion may exists around who was "least bad".

On another note, I'd imagine most fans who've watched the last two games where we've played 4-4-1-1 (WH) and 4-4-2 (MK Dons) can appreciate that playing with only 2 CMs simply doesn't work for us and the players available.

Against Chelsea and Spurs we played 3 outright CMs. Those 5 home games we won at the end of last season we played with 3 CMs.

Against Man City tomorrow, I'd be amazed, concerned and annoyed, if we don't play 3 CMs given recent performances and history.

So, if you accept we should play 3 CMs, who would everyone want?

Clearly 2 are Derry and Mbia. Who's the third? Park, Granero or Faurlin.

I think we can all agree that Park is by far the most limited and weakest option. Therefore it's a straight shoot out. I still think Faurlin is a better bet. His opta stats were a couple of games back, pissing all over Graneros. He was excellent against Fulham and I think he cares more.

Adel will have to be moved out wide with Remy through the middle. We just can't control the game in a 4-4-2, especially if it's Derry, who needs to sit deep to be effective.

exactly this. We're still on course to get relegated and we have to prepare for that as well. I believe selling Faurlin will be a mistake, he hasn't had the opportunity to recover correctly and no doubt his confidence is very low. The shot he had against MK and is reaction afterwards said it all regarding the current situation. Stick with him as far as i'm concerned. I also don't think he needs to be loaned out, he coudl do a job for us still this season should we get injuries.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:53 - Jan 28 with 502 viewskensalriser

I lost faith in him when Puncheon, an upper level Champ player at best, brushed easily past him like competitive Dad and scored.

I'd still be sad if he leaves, but I'm just not convinced he'll ever be the same player again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:59 - Jan 28 with 493 viewstoemasher

I think you would have to be very short term or mad to even think of losing him. My fear is that we have "lost" him already by not giving him more match time.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 18:28 - Jan 28 with 474 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin - time to move on? on 14:53 - Jan 28 by kensalriser

I lost faith in him when Puncheon, an upper level Champ player at best, brushed easily past him like competitive Dad and scored.

I'd still be sad if he leaves, but I'm just not convinced he'll ever be the same player again.

It's true he got rolled by Puncheon on the edge of the box. Plus there have been several occasions this season when it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing in defensive situations inside the box.

That's why I said earlier in this thread:

'It seems to me that it's best to use him as a creative midfielder, with minimal defensive duties (just tackling in midfield).'

Now it may not be possible to use him like that, but if we are going to use him, that's the way I would use him.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024