Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillys worst game ever here? 21:39 - Feb 26 with 11902 viewsolympicdale

Taking in to account the oposition, cant be many worse, absolutely toothless up front without Grant. Tutte is just running down his contract, JK was the only one to show any desire to change the game. Credit to Accy they deserved the win.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:53 - Feb 26 with 1425 viewsboromat

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:50 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Gornell can go now for me, I'd be very happy to stick with Grant/Grimes and Henderson. Gornell doesn't seem to have anything about him, he has no physical presence, gets shoved off the ball far too easily, he cant get in good positions, unless you count on his stomach then waving his arms around, he's fast becoming anonymous during games very quickly into them.

I'd go as far as saying I'd rather have George than Gornell!! At least George keeps the defence on their toes and tires them out a bit. Although to be fair George did nothing when he came on today.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:54 - Feb 26 with 1413 views442Dale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:51 - Feb 26 by Swissdale

And we paid money for him less than 2 months ago.

He has gone downhill alarmingly since Coleman left. Glad it was only a short term deal now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:54 - Feb 26 with 1413 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:46 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Tutte has found himself out of favour with Hilly once before, so maybe both parties realise there's going to be a parting of the ways at the end of season.

That's no reason for anyone to not give 100% in a Dale shirt.

tbh, we've seen enough sub-100% displays from players over the past two years to last most of us a lifetime. If they don't want to give their best every game, they can go.

the lack of effort really irks me in any team. These players are payed good money, if they cant be arsed, they shouldn't be playing the game, its simple, theres thousands of people in the stands who would give their right arm to be doing what they're doing.

Tutte doesn't seem bothered at trying to make things happen, he's had fresh space in front of him, but constantly choosing the easy option, and often loosing possession, a pop shot that flies in once every 10 tries isn't enough to keep him.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:55 - Feb 26 with 1407 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I'm sorry but the goals paper over the cracks. He is not that good. What he does do though is look busy without actually breaking up play, making a great tackle or pass. It's quite remarkable how you can get away with so much by looking busy or looking as though you're tryting hard. Still, it looks as though it's worked for him here. Hill's no mug and will have sussed him out like he did first time he was here.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:55 - Feb 26 with 1403 viewsroccydaleian

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:36 - Feb 26 by Swissdale

I think tonight showed how much we miss grant. Like him or not we'd be dead and buried without him this season. Grimes' whining is beyond a joke; if the ball's not exactly to his feet his hands are up in the air and he's given up on the passage of play. Gornell doesn't put a shred of effort in. Donnelly is not a footballer.

Total overhaul is needed from back to front. Keep JK, Tutte, Bennett, Lillis, Edwards. The rest don't have the ability and/or attitude to be professional footballers by a long way.

Grimes' strong point, is that he needs the ball to his feet, not in the air,ffs. Any decent chances we had in the first half came through some decent inter passing by him.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:58 - Feb 26 with 1382 viewsNotClingers

We were poor and they were poor. Accy didn't deserve to win anymore than we did tbf and a couple of moments of brilliance won the game for them. Not trying to gloss over how inept we were but it was also clear to see why they're at the bottom (and why we will there be soon).
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:00 - Feb 26 with 1361 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:55 - Feb 26 by roccydaleian

Grimes' strong point, is that he needs the ball to his feet, not in the air,ffs. Any decent chances we had in the first half came through some decent inter passing by him.

I lost track of the amount of times I was saying 'not long ball, its Grimes ffs' or words to that effect, some good interplay in the first half when he was in the box, thats were he does his best work, but I have no idea where he's actually being asked to play, its certainly not a front 2, which is what he really needs. Hill will sign some wingers if he's staying next year, and that MAYBE will lead to a 4-4-2, with Grant/Grimes or whoever else is here, Henderson maybe.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:02 - Feb 26 with 1352 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The funniest bit tonight was watching Grimes having a go at the Accy defender for having the audacity to actually tackle him. It's just not right it is it?

Login to get fewer ads

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 1347 viewsSuddenLad

Strong point ?? Has he got any ? He's been a waste of a wage since he first put on a Dale shirt and whimpers more than a 2-day old puppy.

Steve Evans will be welcome to him. They deserve each other.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 1336 viewsColDale

I reckon less than 10% of the things he tried came off tonight. His one moment was a passing move to George who produced a very good pass back. He's very easy to read for defenders, which is why they have so much success out of him. There were several times tonight where Grimes was given the ball exactly where he asked for it, and it was easy pickings for their defenders. Yes he might be better off in a orthodox 4-4-2 but as a 26 year old striker, he needs to adapt to modern day football or otherwise, he will look back at a golden spell with a relegated Lincoln side as his most successful time in the game.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:04 - Feb 26 with 1321 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I'm sorry you can't accuse us of going long tonight. We played to feet for the vast majority of the game.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:09 - Feb 26 with 1288 viewsroccydaleian

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:03 - Feb 26 by SuddenLad

Strong point ?? Has he got any ? He's been a waste of a wage since he first put on a Dale shirt and whimpers more than a 2-day old puppy.

Steve Evans will be welcome to him. They deserve each other.

Fair enough. It's obvious we don't see eye to eye on Grimes. I see him apart from Grant our best and most intelligent footballer, but life would be boring without different opinions.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:15 - Feb 26 with 1264 viewsSwissdale

Think most of the retorts to this point have already been made.

Just want to also stress how infuriating it is when he turns to moan at the ref when he feels he's been fouled (which seems to be any tackle or tap at the ankles). Often happens when the ball is still in play and should be chased down!
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 1247 viewsBigDaveMyCock

"Yes he might be better off in a orthodox 4-4-2 but as a 26 year old striker, he needs to adapt to modern day football or otherwise, he will look back at a golden spell with a relegated Lincoln side as his most successful time in the game."

Sums it up perfectly. There's also been a great excuse for Tutte tonight on this forum as well. Apparently, he can't adapt to a crowded midfield, bless him.

I think when we're on our ninth post-Hill (first time round) manager and we're playing a 2-5-4 with traditional wing-halves we'll definately get the very best out of these two delicate flowers.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 1245 viewsSalwaDale

Now I'm prepared to be ridiculed for this but I was actually very pleased with a lot of what I saw tonight. You could see the type of football we are trying to play and there was evidence of it. Much pacier passing with a purpose and we looked solid for the most part.

There were certainly problems though, when Kennedy was playing the football it was clear to see what we were trying to do. Unfortunately it seemed we were playing a style of football that was above the skill level of a number of our players.

Personally I thought Lillis was unable to deal with either of the first two goals, pulled off an incredible save for the third but was then let down by SCS. Defensively solid for the most part, although SCS was McArdle-esque (awesome and awful in equal measure) and Edwards didn't have his best game. Rose looked good and can certainly cross. His two first half crosses to the far post should have resulted in goals. Unfortunately every time we pushed forward and got forward we hit the problem. Nothing seemed to stick to Gornell and he does seem to be the player other team's fans claim he is, superb at times but let down by his first touch. As for Grimes, sadly it seems that the cynics may have been correct - he was superb when playing for a move away. Very little seemed to work for him but he was marginally better than Gornell. The subs did seem to weaken us but I can see why they were done. When Donnelly broke through a little in the 2nd half I chuckled as I knew there was no way the ball was going in.

I still enjoyed the way we were trying to play far more than a lot of games this season. The way Accy played with the diving and shirt pulling etc. was very much the way we were heading under Coleman. (Actually we were worse). I am so glad we are now trying to play in the right way, sadly not with the players yet to do it.

Grant coming in will surely make a big difference as he has got some real quality. There is hope, but the sooner we can get some points towards safety the better.

TBBT

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:20 - Feb 26 with 1205 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:09 - Feb 26 by roccydaleian

Fair enough. It's obvious we don't see eye to eye on Grimes. I see him apart from Grant our best and most intelligent footballer, but life would be boring without different opinions.

Grimes' biggest let down is that his team mates aren't on the same wavelength, when it comes to his one touch balls and his movement, and it can appear he's messed it up, but in reality they just haven't seen what he has.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:24 - Feb 26 with 1190 viewsColDale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:20 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Grimes' biggest let down is that his team mates aren't on the same wavelength, when it comes to his one touch balls and his movement, and it can appear he's messed it up, but in reality they just haven't seen what he has.

one Dale manager claimed that about Graham Shaw
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:26 - Feb 26 with 1174 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:18 - Feb 26 by SalwaDale

Now I'm prepared to be ridiculed for this but I was actually very pleased with a lot of what I saw tonight. You could see the type of football we are trying to play and there was evidence of it. Much pacier passing with a purpose and we looked solid for the most part.

There were certainly problems though, when Kennedy was playing the football it was clear to see what we were trying to do. Unfortunately it seemed we were playing a style of football that was above the skill level of a number of our players.

Personally I thought Lillis was unable to deal with either of the first two goals, pulled off an incredible save for the third but was then let down by SCS. Defensively solid for the most part, although SCS was McArdle-esque (awesome and awful in equal measure) and Edwards didn't have his best game. Rose looked good and can certainly cross. His two first half crosses to the far post should have resulted in goals. Unfortunately every time we pushed forward and got forward we hit the problem. Nothing seemed to stick to Gornell and he does seem to be the player other team's fans claim he is, superb at times but let down by his first touch. As for Grimes, sadly it seems that the cynics may have been correct - he was superb when playing for a move away. Very little seemed to work for him but he was marginally better than Gornell. The subs did seem to weaken us but I can see why they were done. When Donnelly broke through a little in the 2nd half I chuckled as I knew there was no way the ball was going in.

I still enjoyed the way we were trying to play far more than a lot of games this season. The way Accy played with the diving and shirt pulling etc. was very much the way we were heading under Coleman. (Actually we were worse). I am so glad we are now trying to play in the right way, sadly not with the players yet to do it.

Grant coming in will surely make a big difference as he has got some real quality. There is hope, but the sooner we can get some points towards safety the better.

We passed it about with too much purpose, it confused us more than Accy. Hill is trying to play a system that much of this squad isn't good enough to play, I do agree there is evidence of the quick one touch passing we saw in Hills first step, and he is slowly bringing players in to play this way, but a lot of what he's got aren't up to it, I think we could see a different Grimes next year, if we keep him, with players around, able to play to his clever one touch play, I can see why Hill rates him, because he has natural ability to play his way.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:29 - Feb 26 with 1162 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:20 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

No, it's not that simple. Man City and Millwall had better players than his current Dale team-mates, but he didn't make it there. Grimes would be fantastic if there was no opposition. Unfortunately for him, there is an opposition and they will chase him down, tackle him and read his passes etc. Many of his passes were well-read by Accy defenders tonight. That had nothing to do with the capabilities of other Dale players.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:30 - Feb 26 with 1156 viewsSalwaDale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:29 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

No, it's not that simple. Man City and Millwall had better players than his current Dale team-mates, but he didn't make it there. Grimes would be fantastic if there was no opposition. Unfortunately for him, there is an opposition and they will chase him down, tackle him and read his passes etc. Many of his passes were well-read by Accy defenders tonight. That had nothing to do with the capabilities of other Dale players.

I'll tell you what, it's two years of debating AG's strengths and weaknesses. Simple fact is he only seems to be able to be at his best for very short spells. Time has probably come to let him join Rotherham.

TBBT

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:35 - Feb 26 with 1145 viewsNotClingers

Yep.

This 'Grimes sees things others don't' is a load of bollocks.

He plays well when he wants to. He wasn't arsed tonight for the large majority of the game. Probably thinking about playing at that nice new stadium t'over t'hills.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:35 - Feb 26 with 1144 viewsSuddenLad

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:24 - Feb 26 by ColDale

one Dale manager claimed that about Graham Shaw

and Steve Doyle................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:37 - Feb 26 with 1136 viewsroccydaleian

Wow. We must watch different games. The only chances we had in the first half all came through Grimes passing and trying to mop up any follow up.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:38 - Feb 26 with 1131 viewsSwissdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:18 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

"Yes he might be better off in a orthodox 4-4-2 but as a 26 year old striker, he needs to adapt to modern day football or otherwise, he will look back at a golden spell with a relegated Lincoln side as his most successful time in the game."

Sums it up perfectly. There's also been a great excuse for Tutte tonight on this forum as well. Apparently, he can't adapt to a crowded midfield, bless him.

I think when we're on our ninth post-Hill (first time round) manager and we're playing a 2-5-4 with traditional wing-halves we'll definately get the very best out of these two delicate flowers.

We'd be pretty good going forward but would concede far too many without a keeper!

In all seriousness though, my point was a mere suggestion as to why Tutte isn't performing at the moment. He has been below par recently, and I'm not exactly sure why, but for the first half of the season was probably our best player.

The ability is still there.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 23:55 - Feb 26 with 1091 viewssweetcorn

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:34 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Maybe, but it's not his team so is absolved of any real blame.

Love the way the OP posts 'Hillys worst game ever here?' rather than raise the real, and most fooking obviously glaring, point of how absolutely p3ss poor so-called good players like Tutte and Grimes were - again.

All these managers we've had can't be that bad. We've also got to get out of this awful habit of constantly placing emphasis on the manager.

Because the original poster was olympicdale and theres more chance of hell freezing over than him criticising grimes.

"Grimes' biggest let down is that his team mates aren't on the same wavelength, when it comes to his one touch balls and his movement, and it can appear he's messed it up, but in reality they just haven't seen what he has."

You have outdone yourself here. What was his excuse whilst at city and millwall, where they not good enough either? Perhaps this lad should be plying his trade at Barcelona, the only club with the passing ability to allow him to live up to his potential. Funny that, because when he scored like 6 goals in a short time, they were good enough and grimes was our best player, but now the players and up to it and you're producing the good old, 'we'll see a different grimes next year', I heard that last year and the only thing i want to see of grimes now is the back of him, hes consistantly been a let down from day one.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024