Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mo farah WHY? 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1898 viewsHollowayRanger

WHY PAY SOMEONE £450,000 for running just half the race!

Id do my nut if we payed our players for just playing for ......

OH

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

mo farah WHY? on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1884 viewsrunningman75

Mo Farah has barely run any half marathons. This is about training and hopefully he will run the London marathon next year. A half marathon of around an hour is still a very good time.
mo farah WHY? on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 1863 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 10:32 - Apr 21 by runningman75

Mo Farah has barely run any half marathons. This is about training and hopefully he will run the London marathon next year. A half marathon of around an hour is still a very good time.

ive never done a marathon either but for £450,000 id do it backwards

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

mo farah WHY? on 12:20 - Apr 21 with 1803 viewsW12_Ranger

mo farah WHY? on 10:42 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

I think Mo Farah has earned the right to be rewarded for a lifetime of hard training. The man's 2 Olympic Gold medals completely lifted the country in a way no footballer has managed in half a century
mo farah WHY? on 13:09 - Apr 21 with 1749 viewsLambourn

mo farah WHY? on 12:20 - Apr 21 by W12_Ranger

I think Mo Farah has earned the right to be rewarded for a lifetime of hard training. The man's 2 Olympic Gold medals completely lifted the country in a way no footballer has managed in half a century

Did they really? I loved it when steve cram commentary said he took on the africans and beat them
mo farah WHY? on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 1726 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 12:20 - Apr 21 by W12_Ranger

lifted those interested

thinking about it not sure if there will be a lasting memory from those olympics nothing really stands out

didnt stop me buying an olympic torch mind

Listen to the band play!

mo farah WHY? on 15:38 - Apr 21 with 1649 viewsloftboy

mo farah WHY? on 13:31 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

lifted those interested

thinking about it not sure if there will be a lasting memory from those olympics nothing really stands out

didnt stop me buying an olympic torch mind

Even my mrs who hates sport cheered mo on the final 100 metres, if you don't think he gave the country a boost then I don't know what

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

mo farah WHY? on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1599 viewsSomersetHoops

I agree why? There are plenty of half marathon events he can run if he wants to run that. I think the publicity given to his training run particularly by the BBC was completely disproportionate. He was not competing in anything here so why mention him at all. I can't understand the concept of cheering someone who wimps out of doing the full event being competed for on this day.

Mind you I suppose at least it took some effort by Farah which is more than that shown by that overpaid useless waste of space Samba in defending aginst the first goal yesterday.

Who's Next?

mo farah WHY? on 20:52 - Apr 21 with 1482 viewsnewgolddream

How bout our full panel running a half-marathon each after torturing us for the last nine months??
Login to get fewer ads

mo farah WHY? on 20:58 - Apr 21 with 1471 viewsw13rob

mo farah WHY? on 16:31 - Apr 21 by SomersetHoops

I agree why? There are plenty of half marathon events he can run if he wants to run that. I think the publicity given to his training run particularly by the BBC was completely disproportionate. He was not competing in anything here so why mention him at all. I can't understand the concept of cheering someone who wimps out of doing the full event being competed for on this day.

Mind you I suppose at least it took some effort by Farah which is more than that shown by that overpaid useless waste of space Samba in defending aginst the first goal yesterday.

Bottom line is he has every right to enter the race and do whatever he sees fit in it. Fairly astute preparation for a future attempt at the outright victory in years to come.

In addition he's a Nike athlete, a lot of the other front runners are Adidas- looks great for Nike to have one of their guys stealing the show a bit. But probably most importantly, distance runners are horrendously poorly paid- there are blokes in that top 20 today who are amatuers, he's a double Olympic Gold medalist who earns less than some rather ordinary footballers, seems harsh to begrudge him a few quid.
mo farah WHY? on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 1454 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 20:58 - Apr 21 by w13rob

Bottom line is he has every right to enter the race and do whatever he sees fit in it. Fairly astute preparation for a future attempt at the outright victory in years to come.

In addition he's a Nike athlete, a lot of the other front runners are Adidas- looks great for Nike to have one of their guys stealing the show a bit. But probably most importantly, distance runners are horrendously poorly paid- there are blokes in that top 20 today who are amatuers, he's a double Olympic Gold medalist who earns less than some rather ordinary footballers, seems harsh to begrudge him a few quid.

yes he has every right to enter but

£450,000 a few quid!

wonder how much he'll donate to charity

Listen to the band play!

mo farah WHY? on 21:24 - Apr 21 with 1446 viewsdanehoop

mo farah WHY? on 21:19 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

£450,000 a few quid!

Don't know Holloway, perhaps check with his charity?

http://www.mofarahfoundation.org.uk/

One suspects it's probably a little more than you.

Never knowingly understood

mo farah WHY? on 22:25 - Apr 21 with 1427 viewsw13rob

£450,000 a few quid!

Compared to most world-class footballer his career earnings will be a pittance. Good luck to him.
mo farah WHY? on 22:34 - Apr 21 with 1418 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 21:24 - Apr 21 by danehoop

Don't know Holloway, perhaps check with his charity?

http://www.mofarahfoundation.org.uk/

One suspects it's probably a little more than you.

im sure it is

wonder how far he'll run for £16,000 a year

oh and this is nothing against Farah we would all bite their hand or arm (ratty!) for that kind of money

its against the marathon org themselves for paying out that kind of money to someone who's not even going to complete the race
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!

mo farah WHY? on 09:37 - Apr 22 with 1341 viewsCharlie1

mo farah WHY? on 22:34 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

im sure it is

oh and this is nothing against Farah we would all bite their hand or arm (ratty!) for that kind of money

its against the marathon org themselves for paying out that kind of money to someone who's not even going to complete the race

Many athletes only run the half.

Do you research before slating someone you baffoon.

2:59 baby!

mo farah WHY? on 09:42 - Apr 22 with 1333 viewsVish

If someone is offering him that cash to run, then fair play to him.
mo farah WHY? on 10:11 - Apr 22 with 1316 viewsgordanoR

im sure it is

If you're not happy with your £16,000 a year then why not do something about it ?

Rather than knocking one out for some fictional lesbians perhaps you could put aside some time to re-train/get a degree etc....
mo farah WHY? on 10:26 - Apr 22 with 1296 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 10:11 - Apr 22 by gordanoR

If you're not happy with your £16,000 a year then why not do something about it ?

Rather than knocking one out for some fictional lesbians perhaps you could put aside some time to re-train/get a degree etc....

no i am happy in my job ive managed my pityfull wages very carefully and thanks to the late maggie managed to buy my own house and put almost enough money away now to be able to retire at 60 already

once ive reached that target everything from then on im spending on me me me

as i said no problem with farah taking the money my gripe is with the people paying him so much for doing just half the job

Listen to the band play!

mo farah WHY? on 10:31 - Apr 22 with 1290 viewsQPR_Jim

mo farah WHY? on 10:26 - Apr 22 by HollowayRanger

no i am happy in my job ive managed my pityfull wages very carefully and thanks to the late maggie managed to buy my own house and put almost enough money away now to be able to retire at 60 already

as i said no problem with farah taking the money my gripe is with the people paying him so much for doing just half the job

They were paying him to raise the profile of the event. Judging by the build up and subsequent coverage I'd say he did his full job in that respect.
mo farah WHY? on 10:54 - Apr 22 with 1278 viewsCharlie1

mo farah WHY? on 10:26 - Apr 22 by HollowayRanger

He didn't do half the job.

He did the job. He's not ready for the marathon, this is part of his training.

Get a grip FFS man. Research before you spout your utter nonesense.

2:59 baby!

mo farah WHY? on 11:23 - Apr 22 with 1258 viewsEastR

mo farah WHY? on 10:42 - Apr 21 by HollowayRanger

they'd pay you backwards too - £000,054.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

mo farah WHY? on 11:30 - Apr 22 with 1255 viewsbob566

fair play to the dudes doing it in those big costumes for charities. I mean completing it is an achievement but that goes beyond. Congrats.
mo farah WHY? on 11:51 - Apr 22 with 1238 viewsfakekerby

im sure it is

He'd run for £0 a year, you think he does this for the money?

mo farah WHY? on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 1231 viewsAntti_Heinola

£450,000 a few quid!

you never heard of the Mo Farah Foundation, Holloway?

Bare bones.

mo farah WHY? on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 1221 viewsrunningman75

mo farah WHY? on 20:52 - Apr 21 by newgolddream

How bout our full panel running a half-marathon each after torturing us for the last nine months??

I ran the Swindon Half Marathon a couple of years ago . Paulo Di Canio was supposed to start it as Swindon Manager but only do a couple of miles. He ended up running the whole thing though my time was faster
mo farah WHY? on 12:46 - Apr 22 with 1197 viewsHollowayRanger

mo farah WHY? on 12:15 - Apr 22 by runningman75

I ran the Swindon Half Marathon a couple of years ago . Paulo Di Canio was supposed to start it as Swindon Manager but only do a couple of miles. He ended up running the whole thing though my time was faster

bet he wasnt paid either

nope not heard of Mo Farah Foundation but if thats were he's donating his money good for him

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024