Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 11:41 - May 14 with 12363 viewssuperhooper83

This was just tweeted by him seconds ago...

@joey7barton
@Joey7Barton: No matter what happens next year. I have enjoyed this experience. Nobody can ever take that away from me. Looking forward to the future...

Is that the first sign we could be seeing him back in a rangers shirt next season? I know the guys a complete turd but he's a good footballer and I'd welcome him back all day long. Grit,steel,determination and literally some fight in him. He's what we need to steel up our midfield and get us back up!!
Joey Barton on 12:22 - May 14 with 1571 viewsDanVanDyke

Joey Barton on 12:04 - May 14 by daveB

well it worked well last time so I can see why you would want that to happen again

If we conducted a straw poll of people on this messageboard asking who are the good influences within the dressing room I would imagine that the likes of Shaun Derry, Jamie Mackie and Clint Hill would feature a lot. Yes?

After the Man City game there was a photo of some of the team enjoying a day/night out on the hoy to celebrate staying up. Present in the photo, alongside the above was Joey Barton, all grinning broadly at the camera. This disruptive influence comes from the Taraabt criticism and the crticism of Warnock and doesn't seem to reflect how he was judged by most of the playing squad.

Most of the other players didn't seem to have an issue with him at all. I'd rather have him than total c*nts like M'Bia, Bosingwa, Park, Granero, et al any day of the week.
Joey Barton on 12:23 - May 14 with 1569 viewsTacticalR

Joey Barton on 12:20 - May 14 by QPunkR

Incorrect, it's his complete and utter lack of talent/desire/ability on the pitch that Rangers fans hate

And his complete lack of self-control, which is at the root of all his other problems.

Air hostess clique

Joey Barton on 12:25 - May 14 with 1559 viewsR_from_afar

Joey Barton on 12:01 - May 14 by robith

Funny that because I remember the last time he was here his influence was ritually abusing our most talented player while he himself was barely able to pass the ball 5 yards.

We'll see how much people want him back when he's tweeting about his top saturday night out when we've lost 2-0 at home to Donny

You beat me to it, thank you.

When will people stop believing the hype about Barton? Are we really that desperate that we need to rely on someone who we know is not up to the job? Who let everyone down in the biggest game of the season? Who is 100% self-obsessed?

Utter madness and not in my name.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey Barton on 12:26 - May 14 with 1553 viewsNW5Hoop

Joey Barton on 12:22 - May 14 by DanVanDyke

If we conducted a straw poll of people on this messageboard asking who are the good influences within the dressing room I would imagine that the likes of Shaun Derry, Jamie Mackie and Clint Hill would feature a lot. Yes?

After the Man City game there was a photo of some of the team enjoying a day/night out on the hoy to celebrate staying up. Present in the photo, alongside the above was Joey Barton, all grinning broadly at the camera. This disruptive influence comes from the Taraabt criticism and the crticism of Warnock and doesn't seem to reflect how he was judged by most of the playing squad.

Most of the other players didn't seem to have an issue with him at all. I'd rather have him than total c*nts like M'Bia, Bosingwa, Park, Granero, et al any day of the week.

I heard from a reputable source — a professional not at QPR who knows those concerned — that Barton wasn't invited on that day out but heard about it and decided to turn up anyway. They were, apparently, not delighted at his arrival.
Joey Barton on 12:27 - May 14 with 1545 viewsNov77

Joey Barton on 12:22 - May 14 by DanVanDyke

We've been told all season that there are splits in the dressing room, largely down to the gulf in earnings between players. Presumably any new players brought in wont be on big money, how is bringing back an arrogant mouthy tw@t on £80k a week who boasts that 'he only joined the club for money'' going to improve team morale?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Joey Barton on 12:37 - May 14 with 1518 viewsNov77

Joey Barton on 11:44 - May 14 by superhooper83

@Joey7Barton: What will be will be. Physically, emotionally and mentally, I'm in a fantastic place. I feel ready to face anything life throws at me.

Follow up

In response to joey saying 'I feel ready to face anything life throws at me' somebody tweeted, 'hopefully it's a brick, followed by other bricks'.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Joey Barton on 12:50 - May 14 with 1476 viewsisawqpratwcity

If he has to come back next season, obviously the club will look to get the best value from his contract rather than do another cut-price loan.

I welcome it.

(Ffs, Joey, act your f*cking age.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Joey Barton on 12:50 - May 14 with 1475 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton on 12:37 - May 14 by Nov77

In response to joey saying 'I feel ready to face anything life throws at me' somebody tweeted, 'hopefully it's a brick, followed by other bricks'.

Ha! Brilliant!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 12:50 - May 14 with 1472 viewsthame_hoops

Why bother with Barton when we have the funds to buy a better, more stable player
Joey Barton on 12:54 - May 14 with 1456 viewsNov77

"Perhaps we're going to be able to find a solution," Barton told Le Phoceen. "But it's exactly the same, and I don't want to bore you with a situation that has not budged. "If we have to finish the season and help the team, my personal situation can wait. There's no hurry. Marseille want me, I want to stay. "It's just that I belong to another club. It's a bizarre situation, but one which will perhaps soon be resolved. The principle condition was direct qualification for the Champions League."

So if marseille qualify for the champions league, we get rid? Come on Marseille!!!

Joey Barton on 12:58 - May 14 with 1438 viewsTHEBUSH

I can't see HR wanting him back, he likes players he can control and JB is uncontrollable
Joey Barton on 13:07 - May 14 with 1416 viewsCharlie1

Joey Barton on 12:50 - May 14 by thame_hoops

Why bother with Barton when we have the funds to buy a better, more stable player

lol at bricks comment

Hmmm not so sure

Think we've got to ship out before we ship more blood in.

Can't stand him but we need someone like that back.

Barton and Ale in midfield in the CCC.....

2:59 baby!

Joey Barton on 13:08 - May 14 with 1411 viewsHollowayRanger

IF he can back

redknapp should say clean slate

but my rules

rule no 1 NO MORE TWEETS!

barton did help newcastle get promotion

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Joey Barton on 13:13 - May 14 with 1386 viewsGloucs_R

Maybe Marseille wont pay a fee for him so we will take him back and try to sell him.

Personally, I would give him another chance. At least he's got some balls and will work hard under Harry. Suarez is a complete c0 ck but Mickey fans still love him.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joey Barton on 13:14 - May 14 with 1356 viewsCharlie1

Joey Barton on 13:13 - May 14 by Gloucs_R

Maybe Marseille wont pay a fee for him so we will take him back and try to sell him.

Personally, I would give him another chance. At least he's got some balls and will work hard under Harry. Suarez is a complete c0 ck but Mickey fans still love him.

Sell him to whom? With is baggage and salary? Who would take him on.

We're stuck with him.

2:59 baby!

Joey Barton on 13:19 - May 14 with 1337 viewsrsonist

If we just need a mouthy khunt who can't pass the ball 5 yards then there's plenty in the lower leagues who won't be on 80 grand a week. Get rid.

LOL at the idea Barton being around wouldn't have made the season into even more of a sh1tstorm.
Joey Barton on 13:20 - May 14 with 1334 viewsMedwayR

I'd much rather get rid than keep him. Even on a free transfer it's anywhere between £60-80k a week saved on wages & an arrogant, disruptive tw@t out of the door. What was Redknapp saying the other day about good character in players & our group of dysfunctional players, the last thing we need is Barton coming back.

Poll: Who’s better?

Joey Barton on 13:22 - May 14 with 1324 viewsingeminate

Joey Barton on 12:07 - May 14 by switchingcode

Would love him to come back,££££ will be the reason if he returns.

I used to really care about Joey Barton coming back - no no I said, but QPR have successfully battered me in to such a state of inertia I don't really care anymore.

Next season I just want to see effort, if we lose we lose I just want to be able to connect with the players a bit more than I have done for the past two years. I alos want them all banned from Twitter.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Joey Barton on 13:30 - May 14 with 1292 viewskingsburyR

I'd have him back for what it is worth.

After watching a fair amount of the championship he is far better than what was on show.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Joey Barton on 13:39 - May 14 with 1260 viewsLewes_r

we need to get rid of pricks like him or have we really learned nothing?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Joey Barton on 13:45 - May 14 with 1234 viewsJuzzie

Joey Barton is not a good footballer. I really don't get how people think he is.

Joey Barton on 13:57 - May 14 with 1208 viewsBklynRanger

Spectacularly polarized thread - far more entertaining than Sunday's game for a start.

Sounds like things may not be working out in terms of staying at Marseille. In which case he'll probably end up back with us, and HR will be shopping around for a club to loan him to by January.

I'd prefer them to start trying right now to loan him to somewhere else in France, on the same terms if we really have to.

He's the perfect ingredient for another season of total dysfunction.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Joey Barton on 14:05 - May 14 with 1180 viewsPinnerPaul

Joey Barton on 11:51 - May 14 by barbicanranger

Put Faurlin and Barton back together in centre mid, i'd take that.

Based on all recent evidence, I have to ask why.......?!
Joey Barton on 14:08 - May 14 with 1173 viewsWeaverQPR

I can't stand Barton but given the gutless wonders weve had this season wearing the shirt part of me thinks fk it lets get him back.
I'm 50/50 on this.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

@WeavQPR

Joey Barton on 14:09 - May 14 with 1713 viewskingsburyR

We are in the Championship next year.

Barton (as much as im not too keen on him) has played top 4 football in France for most of the season and also the odd champions league game.

I am pretty sure he is the right man for the job at our new level.

As long as he doesn't kill somebody that is!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024