Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan 19:11 - Jul 27 with 3924 viewsgueRRilla

Apologies if already posted etc.

Sky sources unsderstand that Newcastle have made an increased offer of £6.9m for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

And the Magpies have also asked QPR about the possibility of taking Loic Remy on a season-long loan deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8842852/transfer-news-newcastle-ke
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:31 - Jul 27 with 888 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:26 - Jul 27 by Northernr

And if we don't go up?

I anticipate your answer being "well sell him"

so I'll add

"and if we don't got up and he has a poor season out on loan?"

i dont feel we will get what he is worth right now due to his situation,if he does well on loan in the premier and is free of his charge next season ,he is ours again or worth more money.With all the money sloshing around the club i feel its a gamble worth taking.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 880 viewsVancouverHoop

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:08 - Jul 27 by QPR1882

Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande are taking a battle agianst Lucas Barrios to FIFA, requesting a compensation of 25 million Euros and a 6-month sporting sanction, a top club official told Xinhua on Friday.

"The club officially submitted a statement of claim to FIFA on Friday as Barrios has breached the contract without any just cause," the official told Xinhua.

According to a leaked copy of the document, Guangzhou Evergrande requested Barrios to pay a total of 25 million Euros compensation. They also urged FIFA to give the Paraguayan striker a 6-month sporting sanction.

"Order Lucas Ramon Barrios to pay the total amount of EUR 25,000,000 as compensation for the breach of the Employment Contract without just cause.

Condemn Lucas Ramon Barrios to an ineligibility of 6 months according to the sporting sanctions stipulated in Article 17.3 of the FIFA Regulations." said the document.

The 28-year old Paraguayan striker has disappeared from the pitch since a month ago, when Chinese Super League (CSL) entered a short break at the end of May. Barrios returned to his country as he was in the national squad for the 2014 World Cup qualifier against Chile. But he never come back to the south China city of Guangzhou until Friday.

"The player was absent of all the training sessions and two CLS matches against Qingdao and Shanghai," the club official said.

Early this week, German and Argentinian media reported Barrios had asked FIFA to terminate his contract as the club defaulted on payments. Reports said the Ex-Durtmond striker was now a free player and seeking for a new home in Bundesliga.

However, FIFA told Xinhua that they had never received such appeal from Barrios until Wednesday.

"To this date, FIFA does not appear to have received any formal claim concerning an alleged contractual dispute opposing the player Lucas Barrios to the Chinese club, Guangzhou Evergrande FC," the football governing body said in an E-mail on Wednesday.

The club said they had honored the contract with the player all the way and it was Barrios who breached the contract without any reason.

"It was utterly ridiculous, the club made every payment clear and on time, we have complied the contract with Barrios all the time," a club official told Xinhua, "during his absence from June. 6 to now (June.28), neither had Barrios or his agent make any contact to the club."

"We have waited for Barrios' return for more than 3 weeks, now it is the time to take action." he added

According to FIFA, A Dispute Resolution Chamber will proceed the contractual dispute between the club and the player. The football governing body has not made any comment on this issue until Friday.

Barrios, who helped Borussia Dortmund win two titles in Bundesliga from 2010 to 2012, had signed a four-year deal with Guangzhou Evergrande in June last year on a record breaking transfer fee of 8.5 million Euros and reported yearly salary of 5 million.

Winning the CSL title for two consecutive years, Guangzhou Evergrande has becoming the most successful football club in China. Beside the record buy, the club also poured millions of Euros on Dario Conca, Elksson and Muriqui.

Cheers. It'll be interesting to see how, or whether,* FIFA resolves the dispute. It's unlikely Barrios will be playing for Evergrande again though, however it goes. You can't force someone to play if he doesn't want to, no matter how many fines or suspensions are levied. You can make him suit up and attend practices, but you can't make him kick a ball effectively.

* This would be a FIFA adjudication, not a court's, ie: not a legal suit. If they are unhappy with the decision one of the parties could go to court and attempt to get it overturned. When this has happened in the past, decisions have mostly been for the player (cf: the Bosman ruling.)
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:40 - Jul 27 with 872 viewsNorthernr

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:31 - Jul 27 by wittle

i dont feel we will get what he is worth right now due to his situation,if he does well on loan in the premier and is free of his charge next season ,he is ours again or worth more money.With all the money sloshing around the club i feel its a gamble worth taking.

If QPR get promoted this season it will be one of the most miraculous things I've seen in football.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:41 - Jul 27 with 863 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:40 - Jul 27 by Northernr

If QPR get promoted this season it will be one of the most miraculous things I've seen in football.

once we have o hara and o neill on board what could possibly go wrong.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:42 - Jul 27 with 858 viewsNorthernr

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:41 - Jul 27 by wittle

once we have o hara and o neill on board what could possibly go wrong.

Exactly my point
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 00:32 - Jul 28 with 796 viewsMelakaRanger

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:21 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Not my money but I'd call everybody's bluff and say no loans whatsoever.

Remy, Cesar, Taarabt, Mbia and others are all going to be angling after a loan move because they know no other club will be stupid enough to pay them what we're paying them. So their agents will be plugging them to clubs as potentially a really cheap option - take them on loan, offer QPR 50% of the wage, they're desperate, they'll accept.

I'd say fck em. If you want to go and play football then go and accept a lower deal. If money is more important than stay here and rot.

But, like I say, not my money.

I think Clive sums up how most every one of us feels.

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 06:58 - Jul 28 with 767 viewsDylanP

We definitely shouldn't let Remy go out on loan without a replacement. We don't have the strikers available to be letting the best one we have go. AJ could be great, so could Zamora, but we all know that at least one of them is going to be injured, if not both. Remy is a quality striker and will be a great partner upfront to AJ or Zamora.

We have loads of midfielders so I would have no problem if we loan out MBia, Barton, Granero, Park, etc. Also, unlike Remy all of them let us down. Remy played really well, something the others can't say.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 07:07 - Jul 28 with 766 viewsLoft1979

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:01 - Jul 27 by VancouverHoop

Genuine question: when was the last time a club sued a player for breach of contract because he refused to play for them? Or a player sued the club for non-payment?

If they want to leave, they put in a transfer request. If the club says no, they've got an unhappy, possibly disruptive, player on their hands which suits nobody.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Can't even get Adel out of bed.
Login to get fewer ads

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 07:21 - Jul 28 with 761 viewsLoft1979

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 00:32 - Jul 28 by MelakaRanger

I think Clive sums up how most every one of us feels.

Clive, is the heartbeat on this board, but there is just a bit more going on.
Agreed: Harry has broadcast that the team of beard and Hughes brought in players who messed up the chemistry the 2010/11 team had. After a great fight to stay up all the chemistry should have been there. But the last 10 minutes at man city bled in 2012/13.

That ten minutes is what Harry is trying to fix, and the subsequent mess. Two distractions remain. Anton I still not over John terry and Adel is still sulking. Next to that Barton is still around. Junior and Mbia don't want to be in the 2nd tier, but who wants them? They have played well so far this per season, and if paper is correct, Steve McClaren might be the glue that brings this together. The old guys we ridicule, Clint and Derry include may not be the prime performers next year, but Harry wants them for the dressing room. Plus Dunne, Clint and Nedum will be fine especially rotating.

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 09:58 - Jul 28 with 721 viewsjonno

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:21 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Not my money but I'd call everybody's bluff and say no loans whatsoever.

Remy, Cesar, Taarabt, Mbia and others are all going to be angling after a loan move because they know no other club will be stupid enough to pay them what we're paying them. So their agents will be plugging them to clubs as potentially a really cheap option - take them on loan, offer QPR 50% of the wage, they're desperate, they'll accept.

I'd say fck em. If you want to go and play football then go and accept a lower deal. If money is more important than stay here and rot.

But, like I say, not my money.

Exactly right. And if the player stays at the Club and doesn't toe the line - suspend payment to him for breach of contract. If he continues to play up - sack him but retain his registration so can't play for another Club. It's time the Clubs started to wrestle power back from the players - someone has to make a stand. We've nothing to lose.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:00 - Jul 28 with 714 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 09:58 - Jul 28 by jonno

Exactly right. And if the player stays at the Club and doesn't toe the line - suspend payment to him for breach of contract. If he continues to play up - sack him but retain his registration so can't play for another Club. It's time the Clubs started to wrestle power back from the players - someone has to make a stand. We've nothing to lose.

how do you suspend a player for just going through the motions ? you cant .
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 701 viewsjonno

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:00 - Jul 28 by wittle

how do you suspend a player for just going through the motions ? you cant .

You can get them in for extra training for a start. You can get them them doing all sorts of stuff on the grounds that they clearly "aren't fit". You can make their time at the Club very difficult - and that would be a good example to the other shirkers.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 694 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:05 - Jul 28 by jonno

You can get them in for extra training for a start. You can get them them doing all sorts of stuff on the grounds that they clearly "aren't fit". You can make their time at the Club very difficult - and that would be a good example to the other shirkers.

that would be great but all that would be doing is pouring the clubs money down the drain,remy is a valuable player.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 683 viewsted_hendrix

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:08 - Jul 28 by wittle

that would be great but all that would be doing is pouring the clubs money down the drain,remy is a valuable player.

Not only valuable but he's a superb player who sadly wont be with us this season, he'd wipe the Championship clean.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:15 - Jul 28 with 666 viewsElHoop

Isn't Remy's transfer fee limited by his contract to about £8m? If so then Newcastle can take him on loan and then pay the money in the next window if they want him. They win all the way. If he is sentenced then he comes back and he is our problem. The only way we can win is if he plays for us in the Championship until January, so that's what we should aim for.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 596 viewsjonno

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:08 - Jul 28 by wittle

He's not valuable at the moment - I'd suggest he's unsellable.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:34 - Jul 28 with 588 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:31 - Jul 28 by jonno

He's not valuable at the moment - I'd suggest he's unsellable.

which is why i suggest we loan him to newcastle for a season ,he bangs in some goals gets the rape case sorted and we still own a valuable player next season.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:42 - Jul 28 with 571 viewsQPR1882

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:15 - Jul 28 by ElHoop

Isn't Remy's transfer fee limited by his contract to about £8m? If so then Newcastle can take him on loan and then pay the money in the next window if they want him. They win all the way. If he is sentenced then he comes back and he is our problem. The only way we can win is if he plays for us in the Championship until January, so that's what we should aim for.

Exactly what I said earlier in this thread. Newcastle are in a win/win situation taking him on loan at our expense.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:50 - Jul 28 with 555 viewsMedwayR

I'd tell Remy that unless someone activates the clause he's staying with us. Players don't always have the power, look at how Spurs dealt with Modric, they stood firm & got another season out of him & still picked up the £35m they wanted, they'll do the same with Bale, make him stay a year & hope to get CL football then sell him to Real Madrid for £80m+ when it suits them not Bale or Real Madrid. Modric & Bale want the big move so aren't going to throw the toys out of the pram, they keep up the performances to make sure the big clubs remain interested. We should take the same approach with Remy, if he wants to go he'll have to put in a big shift to convince someone to activate the clause in Jan.

Poll: Who’s better?

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:53 - Jul 28 with 554 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:50 - Jul 28 by MedwayR

I'd tell Remy that unless someone activates the clause he's staying with us. Players don't always have the power, look at how Spurs dealt with Modric, they stood firm & got another season out of him & still picked up the £35m they wanted, they'll do the same with Bale, make him stay a year & hope to get CL football then sell him to Real Madrid for £80m+ when it suits them not Bale or Real Madrid. Modric & Bale want the big move so aren't going to throw the toys out of the pram, they keep up the performances to make sure the big clubs remain interested. We should take the same approach with Remy, if he wants to go he'll have to put in a big shift to convince someone to activate the clause in Jan.

spurs are a top premier league club,we are going to barnsley and huddersfield this season.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:54 - Jul 28 with 551 viewsMedwayR

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:53 - Jul 28 by wittle

spurs are a top premier league club,we are going to barnsley and huddersfield this season.

That's irrelevant, he has a contract with several years left on it

Poll: Who’s better?

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:56 - Jul 28 with 546 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:54 - Jul 28 by MedwayR

That's irrelevant, he has a contract with several years left on it

i dont see remy playing in the championship this season and i dont think arry does either, hope im wrong though.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 11:12 - Jul 28 with 528 viewsQPR_John

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 09:58 - Jul 28 by jonno

" sack him but retain his registration so can't play for another Club."

An employer sacks somebody and then stops him from getting another job - Yes I can see that working no legal problems there at all.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 11:17 - Jul 28 with 522 viewsjonno

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 10:56 - Jul 28 by wittle

i dont see remy playing in the championship this season and i dont think arry does either, hope im wrong though.

I can't see why you would want one of your most valuable assets playing at another Club. He's contracted to us - and he could be the difference between us getting promotion or not. If he doesn't want to play in the lower division - tough. That's life and he should just get on with it.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 11:22 - Jul 28 with 512 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 11:17 - Jul 28 by jonno

I can't see why you would want one of your most valuable assets playing at another Club. He's contracted to us - and he could be the difference between us getting promotion or not. If he doesn't want to play in the lower division - tough. That's life and he should just get on with it.

its getting boring now,i dont want remy to leave but i dont believe he will be playing in the championship this season as he is a class act and premier clubs will want him.Why do you think we tried to sign hooper and are chasing austin,arry knows it too.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024