Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There 22:36 - Oct 19 with 4549 viewsDylanP

Why why why did he bring on Jenas? What is he seeing that the rest of us are missing?

It has got to kill Ale to be substituted after 20 minutes for Jenas. Was Ale hurt? Was he really playing that badly?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:38 - Oct 19 with 4012 viewsJonDoeman

Jenas came on for O'Neil.

It Is What It Is !!

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 4008 viewsQPR1506

Can only assume faurlin was injured! Just seemed very negative millwall chucked on 3 forwards, if we had been more positive would have got all 3 points. Just saw other post, yep oneill went off apologies
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 22:40]

In Redknapp We Trust !

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 4005 viewsJonDoeman

All the subs that came on were crap & weakened us .

It Is What It Is !!

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 3993 viewsJonDoeman

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:39 - Oct 19 by QPR1506

Can only assume faurlin was injured! Just seemed very negative millwall chucked on 3 forwards, if we had been more positive would have got all 3 points. Just saw other post, yep oneill went off apologies
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 22:40]

where has this come from?
Faurlin came on for Niko on about 75 mins, & stayed on giving the ball away till the end.

It Is What It Is !!

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 3985 viewsDylanP

My mistake. I didn't hear who went off from the commentary. The offish says that Faurlin went off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3631175&tcmuri=95441

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 23:26 - Oct 19 with 3881 viewsdaveB

I thought Faurlin was very good when he came on, the other two subs didn't really do much in a short space of time they were on but didn't have much influence over the result, we just made two mistakes and it cost us
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 01:16 - Oct 20 with 3735 viewssmegma

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 23:26 - Oct 19 by daveB

I thought Faurlin was very good when he came on, the other two subs didn't really do much in a short space of time they were on but didn't have much influence over the result, we just made two mistakes and it cost us

Phillips was abysmal.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 03:17 - Oct 20 with 3663 viewsSonofNorfolt

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:40 - Oct 19 by JonDoeman

Faurlin came on for Niko on about 75 mins, & stayed on giving the ball away till the end.

As a paid up member of the Ale Faurlin fan club, I am reluctant to criticise him and today is no different!
He was very good when he came on, immediately got the pace of the game, and showed why he should played instead of Henry.
Phillips and Jenas looked like youth players given their debuts though.
Login to get fewer ads

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 03:33 - Oct 20 with 3653 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:40 - Oct 19 by JonDoeman

Faurlin didn't give the ball away at all? played a lot of very nice stuff, give me one example of where he gave the ball to an opposing player

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 11:35 - Oct 20 with 3415 viewsthemodfather

millwall kicked the hell out of hoilett and niko, and oneil had run all day
i can't get why jenas is with us, he offers nothing...no tackles, no goals and as millwall chucked on forwards (and it worked) we put on holding midfielders and got it wrong.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 12:00 - Oct 20 with 3363 viewsJeff

I think the last substitution cost us the game.

Charlie Austin had run himself into the ground, and was absolutely gassed out there. He was dropping deeper and deeper, and we were using Philips as the outlet ball, but as the ball was not sticking to Philips, we couldn't relieve any of the pressure on the defenders, and we were just recycling possession back to Millwall all the time.

O'Neill had covered every inch of ground as always, but was nowhere near as knackered as Austin was. if we changed Austin for Chevanton, we would have still had the attacking threat, meaning that Millwall couldn't have laid siege to us in the last 5-10 minutes as they did, and in my opinion we win the game.

you can entirely see why Faurlin and Philips came on for Niko and Hoilett, but the Jenas for O'Neill substitution was the wrong swap, IMO...

Can we not knock it?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 12:33 - Oct 20 with 3294 viewsNathanNI

Completely agree re Phillips, cost us the game I thought, he wasn't reacting quick enough and it was typified in that ball that he failed to take (slow to get in front of his man) and then a sloppy sliding tackle he missed leading to their second.

I thought Ale played well as it happens. The whole team seemed to lack composure in the last 10.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 13:27 - Oct 20 with 3225 viewsWatford_Ranger

Throughout a long a reasonably illustrious career I've wondered what on Earth is the point of Jermaine Jenas and yesterday was no different. He's stolen a living from the sport.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 3174 viewsdaveB

unbelievable that the subs and in particular Phillips being blames for the result. We let in two goals because Dunne didn't clear the ball for the first and Bartons tackle was deflected straight to Easter for the second, what on earth did that have to do with the subs?

Yesterday was no different to most games this season, we were the better side but with a one goal lead and 10 minutes to go we sat on it, a tactic that has worked all season so far but was bound to fail at some stage.

No point praising the team every week for holding onto 1-0 wins then moaning the one time it fails.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 3136 viewsFredManRave

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:03 - Oct 20 by daveB

unbelievable that the subs and in particular Phillips being blames for the result. We let in two goals because Dunne didn't clear the ball for the first and Bartons tackle was deflected straight to Easter for the second, what on earth did that have to do with the subs?

Yesterday was no different to most games this season, we were the better side but with a one goal lead and 10 minutes to go we sat on it, a tactic that has worked all season so far but was bound to fail at some stage.

No point praising the team every week for holding onto 1-0 wins then moaning the one time it fails.

Absolutely spot on.

It's a classic hindsight situation. Can you imagine the melt down on here if we'd have kept the 11 on the pitch or even made attacking substitutions and had been looking for another goal to seal the win and to have then conceeded an equaliser!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:32]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:56 - Oct 20 with 3098 viewssmegma

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:03 - Oct 20 by daveB

Phillips kept losing the ball every time he got it, therefore putting Benoit and the defence under pressure. When he was in Millwalls last third not once did he successfully go past a defender even though his marker was probably knackered having run his socks for 90 minutes. At one point Benoit absolutely slaughtered him for first losing the ball and then for not tracking back. Hill bollocked him a couple of times as well and that was in the 6 mins + 5 added on that he was on the pitch.

As I said earlier, Phillips was abysmal.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 15:04 - Oct 20 with 3075 viewsLambourn

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 01:16 - Oct 20 by smegma

Phillips was abysmal.

+ 1 he was 2 yards slow and looked scared to commit. or maybe my laptop was wrong.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 15:47 - Oct 20 with 3016 viewsdaveB

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 14:56 - Oct 20 by smegma

Phillips kept losing the ball every time he got it, therefore putting Benoit and the defence under pressure. When he was in Millwalls last third not once did he successfully go past a defender even though his marker was probably knackered having run his socks for 90 minutes. At one point Benoit absolutely slaughtered him for first losing the ball and then for not tracking back. Hill bollocked him a couple of times as well and that was in the 6 mins + 5 added on that he was on the pitch.

As I said earlier, Phillips was abysmal.

I didn't think Phillips did particularly well when he came on but having hardly played since May was always going to have an impact on his form and despite not playing a full game yet he seems to be the latest boo boy target, he didn't really cost us anything though, if the ball doesn't deflect to Easter then he doesn't score, it was just bad luck really.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 16:43 - Oct 20 with 2951 viewsAgedR

Absolutely nothing to do with the subs.

Dunne's error for the first (his brilliance so far allows him this and more) and we switched off defensively for the second.

A switched on Rangers win that 2.0. But it did at least ensure an incident free trip home from that hole.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 2885 viewstoboboly

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 22:39 - Oct 19 by JonDoeman

All the subs that came on were crap & weakened us .

Er...Ale was very good when he came on. Jeans and Phillips were fcking atrocious and let Millwall have far too much time.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 2857 viewsextratimeR

Ali played well when he came on, kept it tight and did not give the ball away, either something is wrong with Phillips or he is in for nasty shock at next home game.

( as mentioned earlier he deserved bollickings from Akotu and Hill ), cant remember if Charlie bollocked him as well, or whether he was suggesting to Hoilett politely that playing the ball into him early might be good idea.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 18:30 - Oct 20 with 2843 viewsTW_R

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 15:47 - Oct 20 by daveB

I didn't think Phillips did particularly well when he came on but having hardly played since May was always going to have an impact on his form and despite not playing a full game yet he seems to be the latest boo boy target, he didn't really cost us anything though, if the ball doesn't deflect to Easter then he doesn't score, it was just bad luck really.

Agreed.

Complete over-reaction by some on here. Players being called unprofessional FFS. Easter got lucky as he tried to pull to ball back across the box, which Barton managed to stop, but it deflected straight back into Easter's path. Just the way it goes sometimes.
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 18:42 - Oct 20 with 2826 viewsGrifter

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 15:04 - Oct 20 by Lambourn

+ 1 he was 2 yards slow and looked scared to commit. or maybe my laptop was wrong.

You had a stream? From where?!
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 2747 viewsdaveB

Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 18:19 - Oct 20 by extratimeR

Ali played well when he came on, kept it tight and did not give the ball away, either something is wrong with Phillips or he is in for nasty shock at next home game.

( as mentioned earlier he deserved bollickings from Akotu and Hill ), cant remember if Charlie bollocked him as well, or whether he was suggesting to Hoilett politely that playing the ball into him early might be good idea.

what nasty shock is he going to get? Are we really that insane that fans are going to have a go at him already. Can we not just allow someone to settle and have a few games before we pass judgement one way or another? I wouldn't expect to see the best of Philips until the second half of the season when imo he will be a very good player for us
Question on Substitution from Those Who Were There on 10:12 - Oct 21 with 2451 viewsextratimeR

Fair comment, and appreciate player is coming back from injury, but point I was making (and a lot of people on Bermondsey platform after game), was lack of effort, he was only on pitch for 10 or so minutes and reason he got rollicking from Akotu was not chasing down full back, or tracking back , thats got nothing to do with recent injury .
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024