Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Storm 19:42 - Oct 27 with 9030 viewsChinajohn

How bad is it down there? Fairly gusty here in County Durham.
Big Storm on 21:18 - Oct 28 with 1439 viewsderbyhoop

Storm. What storm?
Fair bit of rain and quite blowy but otherwise nothing. Hope everybody in the SE is safe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big Storm on 21:57 - Oct 28 with 1408 viewsstowmarketrange

The electric went off today at 08.12 and it isn't back on yet.
No damage at all apart from the bird table is broken.
Big Storm on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 1333 viewsBillionR

Big Storm on 18:25 - Oct 28 by Brightonhoop

Precisely. Should be covered by his own insurance, nieghbour that is, for falling debris wherever it came from.

Thanks for comments yesterday. I did ring them back and spoke to someone more knowledgeable. The neighbour has to claim via his insurance and then they will seek to claim from mine. Morally, if he has to pay his excess and can't reclaim it then I think I should probably repay him. Will see what the damage is first anyway.
Big Storm on 11:44 - Oct 29 with 1285 viewsW7Ranger

Two of my friends were at work and got hit by a big iron gate that was blown shut in the wind. One of them badly bruised and shaken but ok, the other suffered serious head injuries and is now in a coma. Had an op which was successful and he is in a stable condition whilst still in a coma.

I'm gutted.
Big Storm on 13:28 - Oct 29 with 1259 viewsscot1963

Big Storm on 11:44 - Oct 29 by W7Ranger

Two of my friends were at work and got hit by a big iron gate that was blown shut in the wind. One of them badly bruised and shaken but ok, the other suffered serious head injuries and is now in a coma. Had an op which was successful and he is in a stable condition whilst still in a coma.

I'm gutted.

sad news - hope your friend recovers. It passed us by, generally, in the south west and seems like you had the worst of it
Big Storm on 14:03 - Oct 29 with 1243 viewswombat

Big Storm on 21:57 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

The electric went off today at 08.12 and it isn't back on yet.
No damage at all apart from the bird table is broken.

your got electric to the bird table how posh are your blue tits !!!!

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Big Storm on 14:14 - Oct 29 with 1237 viewsderbyhoop

If he's got blue tits, perhaps he ought to have central heating as well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big Storm on 21:59 - Oct 29 with 1176 viewsCiderwithRsie

Big Storm on 18:47 - Oct 28 by karl

This is the big difference between areas like here where there is regularly wind like today's storm and those where it is a rare occurence.
The house I had built was right on the west edge of Orkney right by the sea and we caught every gale of wind. The building regs are very stringent and after a gale of wind it makes you glad of it, the standing joke is that England are on panic stations while we have this weather every Spring and Autumn but in reality i would rather be in Orkney during a wind gusting to 120mph (like last year) than the uncertainty of what could be blown at you in an 80mph wind in some of these areas.
I remember last years wind when i was landing the catch off a boat at 4am, it was blowing a hoolie and wearing full oilskins i was catching the wind like a sail. All of a sudden a squall of rain came in and what a wind came with it, thankfully i caught hold of the forklift and sat behind jt till the rain passed and the wind subsided, bloody hellish and would have been worse if there was loose debris flying about too. Anyhow, don't take the threat of injury lightly if you are caught up in it, a flying trampoline will hurt!
Btw nice day here today if a bit wet in the heavy showers

I remember being on holiday in Shetland - in the summer mind. Listening to the radio:-
News: "There was a f*cking big storm last night"
Weather: "There was a f*cking big storm last night"
Travel: "The roads are all a bit f*cked what with the f*cking big storm"
Sport: "Last night's match was a bit disrupted by a f*cking big storm"

They didn't actually say "F*cking big storm." Something more like "it was a bit fresh again"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024