Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15.3m profit 14:26 - Oct 31 with 13805 viewsSwanzay

Swansea City is pleased to announce details of its latest accounts which show a healthy profit of £15.3m for the year ending May 31, 2013

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/accounts-may-3013-1146109.aspx#wGVw39FXC
£15.3m profit on 11:35 - Mar 13 with 1970 viewsWarwickHunt

£15.3m profit on 11:32 - Mar 13 by Darran

Happy Meal.

That's fine dining in Ux's book. Loves a Fray Bentos pie, that boy.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2014 11:35]
£15.3m profit on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 1948 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Fine googling. I of course should point out this is all very well and good but Swansea City Football Club is not floated on any stockmarket. Of much more relevance would be the willingness of the other parties to sell and the restrictions in the articles regarding who or how a party can sell their shareholding and how external parties could come to the table. As such, the rest is irrelevant.

I'm off out to lunch. Have fun.

"Fine googling"

What?

I guessed the term "control premium" was the correct bit of jargon, browsed and assimilated the search results, dug out my HP 12C financial calculator, applied the range to my initial value, did a little multiple analysis, then contrasted that with an admittedly not wholly comparable US stock market multiple, and then wrote 2 paragraphs of explanation all in the space of 6 minutes.

I'm a f*cking googling god sunshine

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15.3m profit on 11:54 - Mar 13 with 1910 viewsItchySphincter

£15.3m profit on 16:52 - Oct 31 by monmouth

Pays for the directors dividend then.

Unfair.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

£15.3m profit on 13:16 - Mar 13 with 1768 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:35 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

That's fine dining in Ux's book. Loves a Fray Bentos pie, that boy.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2014 11:35]

Nowt wrong with the FB old chap. Been a while though. Remind me to pick a steak and ale one and a tin of marrowfat peas on the way home will you?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15.3m profit on 13:38 - Mar 13 with 1705 viewssomersetsimon

£15.3m profit on 10:39 - Mar 13 by Catullus

Maybe it does, but then again? Ridsdale was on £500,000 a year at Cardiff in the Championship and that's a few years back.

Is £423,000 to directors of a multi million pound business excessive? I don't think so.

On the one hand you could argue that this kind of salary for someone in charge of a £70M business is the market rate. On the other hand, I think the board's job is a lot easier now than it was a few years ago!

There's not many businesses where one of your customers offers to pay you £15M more this year than last year for delivering the same product!
£15.3m profit on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 1699 viewsmonmouth

£15.3m profit on 11:40 - Mar 13 by Shaky

"Fine googling"

What?

I guessed the term "control premium" was the correct bit of jargon, browsed and assimilated the search results, dug out my HP 12C financial calculator, applied the range to my initial value, did a little multiple analysis, then contrasted that with an admittedly not wholly comparable US stock market multiple, and then wrote 2 paragraphs of explanation all in the space of 6 minutes.

I'm a f*cking googling god sunshine

Indeed, a veritable Shakedigliani

Cracking stuff Gromit, now put the kettle on, there's a good lad.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

£15.3m profit on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 1697 viewsWarwickHunt

£15.3m profit on 13:16 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Nowt wrong with the FB old chap. Been a while though. Remind me to pick a steak and ale one and a tin of marrowfat peas on the way home will you?

I'll text you.

You coming up for the Arsenal match? A motley crew being assembled for this one...
£15.3m profit on 13:51 - Mar 13 with 1648 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 13:40 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

I'll text you.

You coming up for the Arsenal match? A motley crew being assembled for this one...

Planning to. Just need to arrange a meeting or two down that way to justify the travel during the week. I'll let you know.

Login to get fewer ads

£15.3m profit on 17:31 - Mar 13 with 1476 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£15.3m profit on 13:16 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Don't have peas. Have beans or plum tomatoes with that beautiful melt in the mouth suet

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£15.3m profit on 21:15 - Mar 13 with 1329 viewsCatullus

£15.3m profit on 13:38 - Mar 13 by somersetsimon

On the one hand you could argue that this kind of salary for someone in charge of a £70M business is the market rate. On the other hand, I think the board's job is a lot easier now than it was a few years ago!

There's not many businesses where one of your customers offers to pay you £15M more this year than last year for delivering the same product!

The boards job is easier now than it was a few years ago?? I don't see that either. There is so much more pressure these days because of the weight of unrealistic expectations amongst us fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15.3m profit on 21:20 - Mar 13 with 1323 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 21:15 - Mar 13 by Catullus

The boards job is easier now than it was a few years ago?? I don't see that either. There is so much more pressure these days because of the weight of unrealistic expectations amongst us fans.

Define "unrealistic expectation".

I wouldn't have thought that getting everything in place to expand the stadium two years into our PL status is unrealistic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15.3m profit on 21:27 - Mar 13 with 1303 viewsCatullus

£15.3m profit on 21:20 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

Define "unrealistic expectation".

I wouldn't have thought that getting everything in place to expand the stadium two years into our PL status is unrealistic.

Not that expectation, I'm on that bus myself!!

No, the people that think we should be winning every game. Or those that can't see why we don't spend 20 million on a player or pay 60k a week in wages.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15.3m profit on 23:50 - Mar 13 with 1231 viewsGlyn1

I'm no fan of David Cameron's but his job is more important, and more stressful, and he's paid less than HJ is.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

£15.3m profit on 07:46 - Mar 14 with 1166 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 23:50 - Mar 13 by Glyn1

I'm no fan of David Cameron's but his job is more important, and more stressful, and he's paid less than HJ is.

He isn't and it's irrelevant anyway. The salary isn't that excessive in comparison to market.

To be honest the only real red flags that I can see in all that it the MM transaction. Surprised people are so blasé about that one.

£15.3m profit on 07:54 - Mar 14 with 1149 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 07:46 - Mar 14 by Uxbridge

He isn't and it's irrelevant anyway. The salary isn't that excessive in comparison to market.

To be honest the only real red flags that I can see in all that it the MM transaction. Surprised people are so blasé about that one.

So, just to clarify, there's a payment that the club has made to MM's company for £3.2m and no reason is given for it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15.3m profit on 07:55 - Mar 14 with 1147 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 07:54 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

So, just to clarify, there's a payment that the club has made to MM's company for £3.2m and no reason is given for it?

Yup.

£15.3m profit on 07:56 - Mar 14 with 1146 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 07:55 - Mar 14 by Uxbridge

Yup.

Is that allowed?

£15.3m profit on 08:02 - Mar 14 with 1133 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 07:56 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

Is that allowed?

Depends. If I knew what it related to I could comment further.

I'm not questioning its legality, mainly because I have no idea what it is plus nobody's that stupid, but I am questioning what it relates to and whether there was appropriate governance to ensure this wasn't just a way of giving money to MM by paying over the odds for something.

£15.3m profit on 08:05 - Mar 14 with 1123 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 08:02 - Mar 14 by Uxbridge

Depends. If I knew what it related to I could comment further.

I'm not questioning its legality, mainly because I have no idea what it is plus nobody's that stupid, but I am questioning what it relates to and whether there was appropriate governance to ensure this wasn't just a way of giving money to MM by paying over the odds for something.

I would assume that the Trust as shareholders would be entitled to know what the club have paid a significant amount of cash for. Depends if anyone's asked I suppose.

£15.3m profit on 08:11 - Mar 14 with 1109 viewsItchySphincter

£15.3m profit on 07:56 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

Is that allowed?

A limited company will have to justify all incomings and outgoings. I have to have a receipt for every sandwich I purchase on the road. If any sum has gone out of the club to MM and it's officially recorded in the accounts it will be sound, there will be an invoice or a relevant request for funds attached. It's all well and good to cast an eye over the accounts but those running the show are doing a fine job and should be left to it, with any hint of skullduggery being unfair, in my opinion.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

£15.3m profit on 08:11 - Mar 14 with 1107 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 08:05 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

I would assume that the Trust as shareholders would be entitled to know what the club have paid a significant amount of cash for. Depends if anyone's asked I suppose.

I'd be alarmed if they didn't already know. Something of that magnitude would have to be sanctioned by the club board, which surely our SD would have passed down.

I haven't asked though, so don't know. Oh Phil....

£15.3m profit on 08:14 - Mar 14 with 1096 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 08:11 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

A limited company will have to justify all incomings and outgoings. I have to have a receipt for every sandwich I purchase on the road. If any sum has gone out of the club to MM and it's officially recorded in the accounts it will be sound, there will be an invoice or a relevant request for funds attached. It's all well and good to cast an eye over the accounts but those running the show are doing a fine job and should be left to it, with any hint of skullduggery being unfair, in my opinion.

I'm not suggesting that anything untoward has gone on. Just a little surprised that an amount of money that large can be paid out without saying what for in the accounts.

£15.3m profit on 08:15 - Mar 14 with 1095 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 08:11 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

The day we stop questioning is the day we're no better than the bassey fans. I'd rather hoped we'd learned that lesson.

As I've said, I'm not questioning it's legality at all, but the accounts show a pretty hefty chunk of money going out in a related party transaction. Dont see why asking for clarity on that is anything other than what should be happening anyway.

£15.3m profit on 08:32 - Mar 14 with 1066 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£15.3m profit on 08:15 - Mar 14 by Uxbridge

The day we stop questioning is the day we're no better than the bassey fans. I'd rather hoped we'd learned that lesson.

As I've said, I'm not questioning it's legality at all, but the accounts show a pretty hefty chunk of money going out in a related party transaction. Dont see why asking for clarity on that is anything other than what should be happening anyway.

Well the auditors would ask, wouldn't they. Fair question

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£15.3m profit on 08:39 - Mar 14 with 1055 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 08:32 - Mar 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Well the auditors would ask, wouldn't they. Fair question

Yes of course. Well, decent ones would*

*This post does not, in any way, seek to criticise the capabilities of KPMG or even imply that they are anything other than epic. I'll leave that for Jackonicko

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024