Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15.3m profit 14:26 - Oct 31 with 13806 viewsSwanzay

Swansea City is pleased to announce details of its latest accounts which show a healthy profit of £15.3m for the year ending May 31, 2013

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/accounts-may-3013-1146109.aspx#wGVw39FXC
£15.3m profit on 10:53 - Mar 13 with 1578 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 10:51 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

It may be a case of people offering the club a deal because of who they are and that would be grand. If that is the case then a bit more transparency wouldn't hurt.

Transparency? It'll never catch on.

Given the figures, it's more a PR issue in my eyes.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15.3m profit on 10:53 - Mar 13 with 1577 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 10:44 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

It's not clear. As of 2012, the club owed that company £30k. That also has to be disclosed in the accounts. It's possible but my understanding is that that would have had to be explicitly stated, and it isn't.

As you relate them, these items are costs that have been expensed during the financial year via the profit and loss account.

They may or may not have been actually paid, but in the event they haven't they remain owed.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2014 10:55]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15.3m profit on 10:55 - Mar 13 with 1572 viewsDr_Winston

£15.3m profit on 10:53 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Transparency? It'll never catch on.

Given the figures, it's more a PR issue in my eyes.

The amounts aren't much, but we shouldn't be blase about them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15.3m profit on 10:57 - Mar 13 with 1559 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 10:53 - Mar 13 by Shaky

As you relate them, these items are costs that have been expensed during the financial year via the profit and loss account.

They may or may not have been actually paid, but in the event they haven't they remain owed.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2014 10:55]

The second sentence is irrelevant, but the first sentence is quite correct. Well done.

There's nothing in the accounts that is easily identifiable as relating to this £3.2m. The only thing that immediately came to mind was MM's unit up in Cwmdu we're now using as the distribution and retail outlet but there's no mention of that in the accounts (plus I think that was afterwards anyway). It's a puzzler.

£15.3m profit on 10:58 - Mar 13 with 1552 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 10:55 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

The amounts aren't much, but we shouldn't be blase about them.

Agreed. All for appropriate governance of such things.

£15.3m profit on 11:02 - Mar 13 with 1527 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 10:57 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

The second sentence is irrelevant, but the first sentence is quite correct. Well done.

There's nothing in the accounts that is easily identifiable as relating to this £3.2m. The only thing that immediately came to mind was MM's unit up in Cwmdu we're now using as the distribution and retail outlet but there's no mention of that in the accounts (plus I think that was afterwards anyway). It's a puzzler.

I couldn't care less about that payment -- it is highly unlikely to be dodgy.

What I find far more interesting is that you say the company has bought back 50,000 shares for £400,000 leaving 950,000 shares out. Are you sure about that?

That implies a valuation of around £8m for 100% of the club, which means that the selling shareholder has been screwed over.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15.3m profit on 11:03 - Mar 13 with 1523 viewsAnotherJohn

Not sure whether to gaze at that large expanse of blue sky or worry about those few dark clouds.
£15.3m profit on 11:06 - Mar 13 with 1516 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:02 - Mar 13 by Shaky

What I find far more interesting is that you say the company has bought back 50,000 shares for £400,000 leaving 950,000 shares out. Are you sure about that?

That implies a valuation of around £8m for 100% of the club, which means that the selling shareholder has been screwed over.

Just to be clear on this, that valuation of £8 million for the club can only be a result of a preemption clause detailed in a shareholders agreement.

However, clauses that seek to impose sale terms far below any reasonable market value are not enforceable, in case any potential selling shareholders are reading.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

£15.3m profit on 11:07 - Mar 13 with 1514 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:02 - Mar 13 by Shaky

Well feel free to check Companies House for yourself.

It doesn't imply a value of £8m of the club at all. Either way, whether Mel's been screwed over or not is a matter of interpretation, both his and anyone else's. From a personal perspective as someone who hopes the Supporters Trust can increase their holding to 25% at some point in the near future, I thank Mel for helping get the Trust closer to that goal and especially for everything he's done for the club. Noone could ever accuse him of using the club for his financial gain. Hopefully there are one or two smaller investors who might want to act in a similar manner in the future.

£15.3m profit on 11:07 - Mar 13 with 1512 viewsDarran

£15.3m profit on 11:03 - Mar 13 by AnotherJohn

Not sure whether to gaze at that large expanse of blue sky or worry about those few dark clouds.

I went past caring the minute Shaky turned up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15.3m profit on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 1501 viewsC_jack

I'd thought I'd say that I'm looking forward to this time next year already, when we can all dissect the Laudrup payout.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

£15.3m profit on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 1500 viewsmark555

Maybe there is a pre existing agreement between the shareholders on what value the shares can be sold at with the shares having to be offered to the existing shareholders/board first.

It would stop a hostile takeover at the club by a Tan sort for example.
£15.3m profit on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 1498 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:07 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Well feel free to check Companies House for yourself.

It doesn't imply a value of £8m of the club at all. Either way, whether Mel's been screwed over or not is a matter of interpretation, both his and anyone else's. From a personal perspective as someone who hopes the Supporters Trust can increase their holding to 25% at some point in the near future, I thank Mel for helping get the Trust closer to that goal and especially for everything he's done for the club. Noone could ever accuse him of using the club for his financial gain. Hopefully there are one or two smaller investors who might want to act in a similar manner in the future.

What do you mean "It doesn't imply a value of £8m"?

You say 950k shares out. Seller had 50k or 5% sold at £0.4m.

£0.4m / 0.05= £8m

Get your chum from the aherm City to check the maths

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15.3m profit on 11:13 - Mar 13 with 1490 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:10 - Mar 13 by Shaky

What do you mean "It doesn't imply a value of £8m"?

You say 950k shares out. Seller had 50k or 5% sold at £0.4m.

£0.4m / 0.05= £8m

Get your chum from the aherm City to check the maths

Oh dear.

So we can extrapolate the value of the company from one small transaction of a minor shareholding?

Oh dear.

£15.3m profit on 11:15 - Mar 13 with 1485 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:13 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Oh dear.

So we can extrapolate the value of the company from one small transaction of a minor shareholding?

Oh dear.

It is what happens in the stock market a few times every nanosecond, dear boy.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15.3m profit on 11:16 - Mar 13 with 1415 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:15 - Mar 13 by Shaky

It is what happens in the stock market a few times every nanosecond, dear boy.

So the cost to buy 100% of a company would be the same as 20 times the cost to buy 5%?

Oh dear.

£15.3m profit on 11:17 - Mar 13 with 1414 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:07 - Mar 13 by Darran

I went past caring the minute Shaky turned up.

I was hoping it'd at least get to Page 6 before going completely off track. Oh well.

£15.3m profit on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 1395 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:16 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

So the cost to buy 100% of a company would be the same as 20 times the cost to buy 5%?

Oh dear.

If you insist of semantic detail, tt is normal to pay a control premium for 100% of a company in the range of maybe 10-35% depending on various factors

Taking the upper range gives you a value of £10.8m, which based on the profit of £15.3m gives you a PE Ratio: of 0.7x or around 1/30th of the US stock market's valuation. Pretty good.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15.3m profit on 11:23 - Mar 13 with 1391 viewsDarran

£15.3m profit on 11:17 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

I was hoping it'd at least get to Page 6 before going completely off track. Oh well.

Well that's not really fair is it all this thread will become now is you and Shaky arguing over whos right.
Just for the record in with you because the other ones a complete and utter bore.
I'm off.

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 with 1373 viewsShaky

£15.3m profit on 11:23 - Mar 13 by Darran

Well that's not really fair is it all this thread will become now is you and Shaky arguing over whos right.
Just for the record in with you because the other ones a complete and utter bore.
I'm off.

Don't worry Darran -- it always takes 2 sides with even half sustainable positions for any proper argument.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 with 1370 viewsDull1Thomas

So we don't have debts of £100,000,000+!
How on earth can we survive in the Prem without?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 with 1370 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:22 - Mar 13 by Shaky

If you insist of semantic detail, tt is normal to pay a control premium for 100% of a company in the range of maybe 10-35% depending on various factors

Taking the upper range gives you a value of £10.8m, which based on the profit of £15.3m gives you a PE Ratio: of 0.7x or around 1/30th of the US stock market's valuation. Pretty good.

Fine googling. I of course should point out this is all very well and good but Swansea City Football Club is not floated on any stockmarket. Of much more relevance would be the willingness of the other parties to sell and the restrictions in the articles regarding who or how a party can sell their shareholding and how external parties could come to the table. As such, the rest is irrelevant.

I'm off out to lunch. Have fun.

£15.3m profit on 11:29 - Mar 13 with 1366 viewsUxbridge

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 by Shaky

Don't worry Darran -- it always takes 2 sides with even half sustainable positions for any proper argument.

Very true.

Darran's right. For once.

£15.3m profit on 11:31 - Mar 13 with 1349 viewsWarwickHunt

£15.3m profit on 11:27 - Mar 13 by Uxbridge

Fine googling. I of course should point out this is all very well and good but Swansea City Football Club is not floated on any stockmarket. Of much more relevance would be the willingness of the other parties to sell and the restrictions in the articles regarding who or how a party can sell their shareholding and how external parties could come to the table. As such, the rest is irrelevant.

I'm off out to lunch. Have fun.

At 11.30? Slacker.
£15.3m profit on 11:32 - Mar 13 with 1344 viewsDarran

£15.3m profit on 11:31 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

At 11.30? Slacker.

Happy Meal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024