Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change the system - An extra midfielder? 15:50 - Nov 9 with 2121 viewsJokeren1943

There has been alot of talk about playing with both Britton and Canas.

Could this ever work? (or are the lose of Rangel and Davies too big, for that extra midfielder)?

[Post edited 9 Nov 2013 15:52]
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 15:54 - Nov 9 with 2098 viewsDr_Winston

The last thing we need to do is congest things even more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 15:58 - Nov 9 with 2087 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

I like this idea, especially for the home games. It could give us more options going forward and we might actually go back to dominating the game in midfield.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 18:08 - Nov 9 with 2004 viewsSenhin

I think our wing backs are one of our best areas... If we were to go 3 at the back I'd much prefer to go with something like;

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 18:31 - Nov 9 with 1960 viewsJackTheLad

No. No. No.

Keep the system we know, go back to basics and play a simpler game. People really need to take a look at the table and realise just because we lost to Cardiff we are far from doomed, win tomorrow and we are back in business.

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 19:23 - Nov 9 with 1906 viewsC_jack

As I've said on another thread concerning this, Just look at the space behind those midfielders, any decent team with attacking FB's will lick their lips and stick a cricket score on us.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 19:33 - Nov 9 with 1892 viewsJokeren1943

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 19:23 - Nov 9 by C_jack

As I've said on another thread concerning this, Just look at the space behind those midfielders, any decent team with attacking FB's will lick their lips and stick a cricket score on us.

There is no problem going on the outside. The problem is if the player go into the box. Each of the two defensive midfielders is giving extra cover to the extra central defender.

The whole idea is to get an extra midfielder so you dominate the midfield and press the ball up on their half.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2013 19:34]
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 20:18 - Nov 9 with 1859 viewsdameedna

Due to the clocks going back, I only watched the first half of the Cardiff game before having to leave. By the time I got to the airport I could not believe we were 1 - 0 down. Cardiff looked completely outplayed but we did not score. No reason why we cant play the same system against Stoke at home. Home advantage should give us a better 2nd half display. Not that I saw the second half v Cardiff but it was still a very narrow loss and the only difference was Medel, without him there would surely have been a win. Stoke will be a good game.
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 20:37 - Nov 9 with 1829 viewsmax936

Simples you start with either Vorm or Tremmel and then Rangel, Ash Chico/Amat Ben, LEON [who has proved without doubt that he should never be omitted despite what the laptop football manager genius's will tell you] then I'd like to try Canas a tad in front then probably JDG in place of the injured Michu for now.

Its plain to see for me that the strength we'll gain from the Leon, Canas partnership will make us stronger, without us forfeiting our striking options

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 22:29 - Nov 9 with 1725 viewsItchySphincter

The original posts misses the point of having a Canas/Britton midfield.

I'd advocate playing both but you couldn't the play JDG and Poz behind Bony. There are also no fullbacks, instead there are three centre halves plus two wingers. Bizarre.

It would have to be two full backs, two centre halves, two wingers, two CMs with either Poz, JDG or Shelvey behind Bony.

Geddit?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 09:42 - Nov 10 with 1623 viewsgevans

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 18:31 - Nov 9 by JackTheLad

No. No. No.

Keep the system we know, go back to basics and play a simpler game. People really need to take a look at the table and realise just because we lost to Cardiff we are far from doomed, win tomorrow and we are back in business.

I agree with this post, there's no need to change our shape. Its got us to where we are today, the extra games in Europa league and the constant change of personnel in midfield is why we are not playing at our normal high standard. Let's cut out this long diagonal ball Shelvey keeps playing and get back to one touch, two touch football playing in triangles through teams.
The Swansea way!
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 10:04 - Nov 12 with 1534 viewsSenhin

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 20:37 - Nov 9 by max936

Simples you start with either Vorm or Tremmel and then Rangel, Ash Chico/Amat Ben, LEON [who has proved without doubt that he should never be omitted despite what the laptop football manager genius's will tell you] then I'd like to try Canas a tad in front then probably JDG in place of the injured Michu for now.

Its plain to see for me that the strength we'll gain from the Leon, Canas partnership will make us stronger, without us forfeiting our striking options

Leon is better than Canas on Football Manager.

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 11:06 - Nov 12 with 1412 viewsItchySphincter

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 10:04 - Nov 12 by Senhin

Leon is better than Canas on Football Manager.

....and in real life you daft plum.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 11:07 - Nov 12 with 1410 viewstomdickharry

Whatever system we played in the second half on Sunday it worked,summed up,everybody fully committed,get stuck in and balls to all the tactical niceties.
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 11:16 - Nov 12 with 1355 viewsSwansNZ

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 15:58 - Nov 9 by AtleticoAbertawe

I like this idea, especially for the home games. It could give us more options going forward and we might actually go back to dominating the game in midfield.

I don't think you'll dominate games more than we did in the 2nd half against Sunderland and Stoke

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 11:25 - Nov 12 with 1299 viewswr72

Lets not forget the wolves game 4-4.We tried this and their wingers,Jarvis in particular, tore us a new one.Let's stick and not twist.One or 2 dodgy results doesn't merit such drastic actions.
Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 12:55 - Nov 12 with 1207 viewsSenhin

Change the system - An extra midfielder? on 11:06 - Nov 12 by ItchySphincter

....and in real life you daft plum.

I fail to see where I said he's not, you daft plum.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024