Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me 23:37 - Nov 16 with 7520 viewsFearless

www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2683024/qpr-face-record-fine-for-losing-80million/full_story.html

http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2683024/qpr-face-record-fine-for-losin

[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 9:58]
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:06 - Nov 18 with 718 viewsderbyhoop

For what it's worth I went throuh the players who have gone (sold, loaned and contracts terminated) with best guess estimates of weekly wages.I reckon we have already cut our wage bill by around £17m net between last season and this. Players such as Cesar, who surely won't be here beyond January; Zamora, SWP and others are out of contract in the Summer. There's another 15 million saving there, although players not being offered new contracts would need to be replaced, hopefully paying considerably less.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:12 - Nov 18 with 703 viewsR_from_afar

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 08:58 - Nov 18 by doogi55

another reason to stay in the the eu the look on plattinis face when he looses the court case.

+1 Just what I was thinking!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 11:23 - Nov 19 with 601 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:00 - Nov 19 with 584 viewsW7Ranger

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 11:23 - Nov 19 by JonDoeman

I'm more shocked by Pep Guardiola's brother being a woman!!!
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:19 - Nov 19 with 563 viewsPinnerPaul

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 10:00 - Nov 18 by stevec

No real idea who this guy Ed Thompson is at financialfairplay.co.uk but one assumes he must have done a fair amount of research to put his head above the parapet.

I emailed him specifically about 'our 1st season in the Championship' scenario and got this reply;

Steve,

Thanks for the email.

When I first read the rules I initially thought the same. However you need to read them very carefully to see that in reality the first season in the championship is counted against the FFP test.

The confusion relates to the introduction of the rules and to the requirement to lodge accounts with the FL every December. Any newly relegated club doesn't have to hand in their accounts by 1 Dec (I.e those accoints that relate to their final season in the PL). This is the exemption.

However all accounts relating a footballing season in the Championship needs to be submitted (by Dec after season finishes)

So in summary, Nick Harris is right in that QPR need to keep to FFP limits this season or face sanction. Whatever the numbers are for QPR, they are likely to miss the targets this season and either pay Fair Play Tax (if promoted), or have embargo take effect 1Jan 2015 if stay down.

Hope that makes sense

Ed

FFP may be a lot more straight forward than it seems, in which case the club is facing a big problem. Whether TF can conjure up say 30-40 mill in a one season sponsorship deal to head off the fines, remains to be seen.

"Whatever the numbers are for QPR, they are likely to miss the targets this season"

That's a big assumption, given 12/13 not published yet and we're not halfway through the season it applies to!

Add in all the uncertainty and exclusions mentioned above and you have a "non immediate problem" as the Americans might say!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024