Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me 23:37 - Nov 16 with 7283 viewsFearless

www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2683024/qpr-face-record-fine-for-losing-80million/full_story.html

http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2683024/qpr-face-record-fine-for-losin

[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 9:58]
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:27 - Nov 17 with 1348 viewsSpiritofGregory

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 11:49 - Nov 17 by Toast_R

It's funny that the punishment for losing too much money is being made to lose even more money.

Should the FA be punished for the ridiculous amounts of money they spent and wasted on employing England managers in the last 12 year's?

And the shocking cost of Wembley stadium.

Even if the rules were currently being implemented which they are not, clubs who have dropped out of the Premier League are exempt from ffp for a year so that they have a chance to get their finances in order. This is to take into account the huge loss in revenue and having to cover parasite players on premier league wages that are difficult shift.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:28 - Nov 17 with 1351 viewsrsonist

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 10:27 - Nov 17 by N12Hoop

The reason I'm taking this with a pinch of salt is that I really can't believe that those running the club are unaware of any potential issues and will now only realise it thanks to the brilliant investigative work of The Mail. They will clearly have thought this through.
As an aside, I still can't see how the fair play rules are legal and not a complete breach of some obscure European Law given that rather than prevent unfair competition, the rules will seek to stop competition entirely.

"They will clearly have thought this through"

LOL yes because there's been nothing at all to suggest TF has run the club with his heart and not his head.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:30 - Nov 17 with 1349 viewsrsonist

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:27 - Nov 17 by SpiritofGregory

And the shocking cost of Wembley stadium.

Even if the rules were currently being implemented which they are not, clubs who have dropped out of the Premier League are exempt from ffp for a year so that they have a chance to get their finances in order. This is to take into account the huge loss in revenue and having to cover parasite players on premier league wages that are difficult shift.

You're wrong. Read the material carefully.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:33 - Nov 17 with 1327 viewsJonDoeman

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:30 - Nov 17 by rsonist

What part of this am I reading wrong? Your anonymous FL quote contradicts this on the FL website doesn't it?

However, there will be no sanctions implemented during the first two seasons (2012/13 and 2013/14) in order to give clubs a sensible period of transition.

From the 2014/15 season, sanctions will be introduced that will differ depending on whether the club ultimately remained in the Championship, was promoted to the Premier League or was relegated to League 1.

It Is What It Is !!

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 1325 viewsJamie

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:25 - Nov 17 by rsonist

Regardless of a prospective legal quarrel the rules of the competition that we are currently in now are as they are. And there is an on-record quote from an FL spokesman there in the article explicitly stating that implementation of the sanctions begins 14-15 but is applicable for 13-14. Talk of suing the newspaper for reporting it is irrelevant grasping at straws. The situation is serious.

Well yes, if were still in the Championship next season, were fcked, that's hardly a new development but then the lavish spending of the past few years suggest hanging around in the Championship isn't in the plan.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:42 - Nov 17 with 1310 viewsrsonist

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:36 - Nov 17 by Jamie

Well yes, if were still in the Championship next season, were fcked, that's hardly a new development but then the lavish spending of the past few years suggest hanging around in the Championship isn't in the plan.

Duhhh the whole point of the issue is that there is a Fair Play Tax that sees us pay out for the debts under which we would win promotion.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:43 - Nov 17 with 1308 viewsrsonist

FWIW the writer of the piece says the anonymous spokesman is in fact FL head of communications John Nagle.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:50 - Nov 17 with 1290 viewsrsonist

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:33 - Nov 17 by JonDoeman

What part of this am I reading wrong? Your anonymous FL quote contradicts this on the FL website doesn't it?

However, there will be no sanctions implemented during the first two seasons (2012/13 and 2013/14) in order to give clubs a sensible period of transition.

From the 2014/15 season, sanctions will be introduced that will differ depending on whether the club ultimately remained in the Championship, was promoted to the Premier League or was relegated to League 1.

You're right, it is vague and I apologise for being curt about it. The difference in wording is with regards to implementation and time applicable - ie we will still be subject to it for 2013-14 but the FL won't demand the money til 2015.
Login to get fewer ads

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:55 - Nov 17 with 1267 viewsJonDoeman

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:50 - Nov 17 by rsonist

You're right, it is vague and I apologise for being curt about it. The difference in wording is with regards to implementation and time applicable - ie we will still be subject to it for 2013-14 but the FL won't demand the money til 2015.

Yeah cheers, I see it now. It wasn't clear to me the way its worded.

There'll be a loophole , there always is.....

It Is What It Is !!

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:58 - Nov 17 with 1276 viewsBlue_Castello

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:43 - Nov 17 by rsonist

FWIW the writer of the piece says the anonymous spokesman is in fact FL head of communications John Nagle.

Well lets just hope John Nagle has got his facts right, because the wording of the document is as clear as mud and Fernandes/Mittals legal team will be all over it like a "rash"...........

I still cling to the hope that Fernandes has seen this coming already and has plans in place, its either not going to happen till 2014/2015 or he has some cards up his sleeve...????
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:12 - Nov 17 with 1248 viewsqprewan

It does seem like there is a fair amount of burying our heads in the sand/ blaming the messenger on here. Although these regulations are complex it is not rocket science- our last recorded losses we around 23 million since then we have signed multiple players many for a sizeable fee and on big big wages- Barton, Park , Graniero,Caesar, Mbia, , zamorra the list os endless- these players all chose Rangers for one reason the wages.As I understand itclubs will be fined on all losses over 18 million so if it was 23 before most of the top earners arrived how much is it likely to be now especially as we are now in the championship.
Yes the club does seem to have learnt many of the lessons but there is still going to be a big price to pay.personally I agree with these rules as they are designed to stop clubs doing a Portsmouth or Leeds- we will probably be ok but only because we have Tony Fernandes who is committed to the club and will I imagine take the hit. Whatever happens expect a significant fine a possible transfer embargo and a delay in any progression towards a new stadium.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:20 - Nov 17 with 1235 viewsbrewers_hoop

Tony has just Tweeted....

QPR fans please ignore Article. Shows how big our brand has become that people need to write stories that are just not accurate Stay focused on getting back to the premier league.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:32 - Nov 17 with 1205 viewsSpiritofGregory

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:30 - Nov 17 by rsonist

I have been reading the rules on the Football league website. You are exempt for the first year of relegation according to FL rules and will be only be subject to EPL rules which are far less strict because of the huge streams of revenue.

Sanctions cannot be imposed for any money spent on infrastructure - training facilities, youth system, and stadium etc. Some of the current debt is money spent on Harlington, the academy and legal fees/plans for Warren farm etc.

The club will probably do a Man City and pump money in as a sponsorship deal for the current stadium/training ground/sponsorship. The sponsorship deal can be x amount to cover x amount of years depending on how much the projected loss will be each year. The greedy lot at the FA can do nothing so long as the books are balanced.

If all goes according to plan and we return to the Premier League, streams of revenue will rise dramatically and we will be more prudent in relation to player fees and salaries. These rules don't kick in until season 2014/2015, that's plenty of time to make books look pretty.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:35 - Nov 17 with 1198 viewsNov77

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:20 - Nov 17 by brewers_hoop

QPR fans please ignore Article. Shows how big our brand has become that people need to write stories that are just not accurate Stay focused on getting back to the premier league.

why does he have to use the word 'brand' instead of club?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:36 - Nov 17 with 1192 viewsSpiritofGregory

If Remy keeps scoring goals, his clause expires and he is found innocent we could sell him and clear a high percentage of the debt. If that donkey defender David Luiz cost Chelsea £25m how much is Remy worth?
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:36 - Nov 17 with 1165 views18StoneOfHoop

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:20 - Nov 17 by brewers_hoop

Hmm just an assertion from TF there, no supportive facts or evidence (I didn't really expect that with TF just having 140 characters to play with.)

Is it time for Phillip Beard or a member of the board to have an in-depth interview with a football business expert hack - such as Oliver Holt of The Mirror or Oliver Kay of The Times or David Conn of The Guardian or Mohir Bose of the Telegraph - to furnish more detail and put more flesh on the bone about just how QPR will handle FFP in putting the fans understandable worries to rest?

BTW I too like use of the word 'brand' to describe my (or ours,only TF's for a while) club about as much as 'project' or 'boutique'.

Excellent serious thread.
(Apologies for my juvenile facile interjections earlier.Should really aim to keep on topic debate to the 'ishoos' not the 'percy nalities'.)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 13:54]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:44 - Nov 17 with 1145 viewsRANGERS4EVER

So its between trusting the Daily Fail or Fernandes. I know who I'm putting my trust into..

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:54 - Nov 17 with 1104 viewsqprewan

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:32 - Nov 17 by SpiritofGregory

I have been reading the rules on the Football league website. You are exempt for the first year of relegation according to FL rules and will be only be subject to EPL rules which are far less strict because of the huge streams of revenue.

Sanctions cannot be imposed for any money spent on infrastructure - training facilities, youth system, and stadium etc. Some of the current debt is money spent on Harlington, the academy and legal fees/plans for Warren farm etc.

The club will probably do a Man City and pump money in as a sponsorship deal for the current stadium/training ground/sponsorship. The sponsorship deal can be x amount to cover x amount of years depending on how much the projected loss will be each year. The greedy lot at the FA can do nothing so long as the books are balanced.

If all goes according to plan and we return to the Premier League, streams of revenue will rise dramatically and we will be more prudent in relation to player fees and salaries. These rules don't kick in until season 2014/2015, that's plenty of time to make books look pretty.

I could be wrong but as I understood the aricle we will be fined retrospectivelyin 2015 on how the books are now. Obviously if we are in the premier league we will have much more income to be able to pay but could still have a massive impact.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:56 - Nov 17 with 1100 viewsrsonist

I support and am grateful for everything TF has done (and tried to do) for the club but the fact that his first comment on the matter is to try to get a siege mentality going among the fans is worrying to say the least.

Much like with Faurlingate I would suggest the authorities do not have a vast and evil conspiracy going against the mighty and envied institution that is QPR FC. They hadus bang to rights then and (mainly thanks to a risible statement from David Pleat) we scraped out of it. Hopefully the same can happen again but let's not be fooling ourselves here in the meantime.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 14:03 - Nov 17 with 1081 viewsrsonist

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:54 - Nov 17 by qprewan

I could be wrong but as I understood the aricle we will be fined retrospectivelyin 2015 on how the books are now. Obviously if we are in the premier league we will have much more income to be able to pay but could still have a massive impact.

Yep, this is how I understand it also. Looking at the squad now playing in the Prem next season with a tighter budget (unless TF loses his mind again) would not actually be a complete death sentence at least, and obviously it's hugely preferable to the alternative.
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 15:13 - Nov 17 with 999 viewsQPR_John

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 13:12 - Nov 17 by qprewan

It does seem like there is a fair amount of burying our heads in the sand/ blaming the messenger on here. Although these regulations are complex it is not rocket science- our last recorded losses we around 23 million since then we have signed multiple players many for a sizeable fee and on big big wages- Barton, Park , Graniero,Caesar, Mbia, , zamorra the list os endless- these players all chose Rangers for one reason the wages.As I understand itclubs will be fined on all losses over 18 million so if it was 23 before most of the top earners arrived how much is it likely to be now especially as we are now in the championship.
Yes the club does seem to have learnt many of the lessons but there is still going to be a big price to pay.personally I agree with these rules as they are designed to stop clubs doing a Portsmouth or Leeds- we will probably be ok but only because we have Tony Fernandes who is committed to the club and will I imagine take the hit. Whatever happens expect a significant fine a possible transfer embargo and a delay in any progression towards a new stadium.

"I agree with these rules as they are designed to stop clubs doing a Portsmouth or Leeds"

My putting teams even more in debt with the fine
[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 15:22]
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 15:32 - Nov 17 with 977 viewsTheBlob

Yet another thieves' kitchen."Charity" my arse.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 15:40 - Nov 17 with 966 viewsBigears

TF wont hand over £60m in fines he hasnt got that rich by giving it away, if it ever got to that fact then expect a big lawsuit, as they will start many deference, the debt was incurred in the prem so these rules dont apply, restriction of trade are just two.

Also from what i read, in the second year say 2013 / 14, maximum loss if the owners dont inject equity, well between Amit / TF and the others, i can see them injecting the equity (this dosnt mean you have to pay off the debts).

There are so many reasons why this is a nonsense article, however if TF / Amit and the others pull out we would then be royally stuffed.

IMO
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 15:44 - Nov 17 with 959 viewsQPR_John

FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 12:25 - Nov 17 by rsonist

Regardless of a prospective legal quarrel the rules of the competition that we are currently in now are as they are. And there is an on-record quote from an FL spokesman there in the article explicitly stating that implementation of the sanctions begins 14-15 but is applicable for 13-14. Talk of suing the newspaper for reporting it is irrelevant grasping at straws. The situation is serious.

"Regardless of a prospective legal quarrel the rules of the competition that we are currently in now are as they are. "

Can still be challenged in court as unreasonable
[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 15:44]
FINE !!! ???? - Just linking what got sent to me on 15:58 - Nov 17 with 939 viewskensalriser

This was in the Daily Mail you say? No further comment required.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024