Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity Request 22:47 - Feb 6 with 5471 viewsdalenumber2

Hope no-one minds me using this thread to publicise the fact that I am going to Uganda in the Summer on a charity mission to work with disabled children in a remote rural school. The disabled children are often treated like second class citizens and the charity I am going with are helping to build a school to try to give them an education. Here's where you can help. The kids love football and know all the major European teams. I am hoping to take some football shirts over for them and I am looking for any unwanted shirts (any team - any size). I already have a couple of Dale shirts and it would be great if I could get some more - it would be great to see the shirts worn in rural Uganda! Unfortunately my attempts to get any response from the club have failed so far. If you have any donations please pm me and I can collect. Many thanks kind Dale fans in anticipation
Charity Request on 23:46 - Feb 6 with 4100 views442Dale

Not sure why you haven't heard anything from the club, but I'm sure they will want to help out. Have you contacted the Trust? A good idea would be to have a drop off point at home games: either the club shop or the Trust desk in the Ratcliffe where fans can leave shirts and you can pop in before kick off to pick up a bag with them in. PM me if you want a hand sorting something.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Charity Request on 14:16 - Feb 7 with 3849 viewsdalenumber2

Thanks for promoting this 442, I will pm you in the near future.
Charity Request on 19:47 - Feb 7 with 3727 viewsdalenumber2

Many thanks for the messages and support - it's great to know that there are some very kind and generous people out there.
Charity Request on 19:53 - Feb 7 with 3723 viewsColDale

Charity Request on 19:47 - Feb 7 by dalenumber2

Many thanks for the messages and support - it's great to know that there are some very kind and generous people out there.

Have a word with the club.

There's potential great PR and a money spinner for the club in the process. Any shirt donated gets a £5 voucher off the new shirts in the Summer for their troubles. Be great to see people ditching Man U shirts to allow them to get the new Dale ones.
Charity Request on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 3686 viewsdalenumber2

Thanks Col - have just spoken to a very helpful director! Thanks to this board.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2014 20:27]
Charity Request on 20:34 - Feb 7 with 3673 views442Dale

Good to hear! Hopefully it's a success. Shows the value of this place.

Charity Request on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 3498 viewsfrenzied

see if jack can help with any kit left over from the end of season auction...perhaps other lower league clubs run a similar process ..worth giving them a call ?
Charity Request on 20:11 - Feb 8 with 3341 viewsDaveButt

Charity Request on 12:57 - Feb 8 by frenzied

see if jack can help with any kit left over from the end of season auction...perhaps other lower league clubs run a similar process ..worth giving them a call ?

Why not wait until the end of the season and ask Bury for their kit. After all they probably won't need again
Login to get fewer ads

Charity Request on 21:47 - Feb 8 with 3271 viewsjudd

Charity Request on 20:11 - Feb 8 by DaveButt

Why not wait until the end of the season and ask Bury for their kit. After all they probably won't need again

There's loads of stewards jackets available.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Charity Request on 00:14 - Feb 9 with 3190 viewsD_Alien

Charity Request on 21:47 - Feb 8 by judd

There's loads of stewards jackets available.

I thought they closed in the 1980's?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Charity Request on 00:17 - Feb 9 with 3181 viewsjudd

Charity Request on 00:14 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

I thought they closed in the 1980's?

I've no idea how many they stopped claiming for.

Charity Request on 00:23 - Feb 9 with 3169 viewsD_Alien

Charity Request on 00:17 - Feb 9 by judd

I've no idea how many they stopped claiming for.

The DWP should know

Charity Request on 12:41 - Feb 9 with 3071 viewsjorafc

Have you got any pics etc of your last trip? I work in quite a large place so could try and get some through the guys at work if that's any help?
Charity Request on 14:06 - Feb 9 with 3032 viewsdalenumber2

Charity Request on 12:41 - Feb 9 by jorafc

Have you got any pics etc of your last trip? I work in quite a large place so could try and get some through the guys at work if that's any help?

I will send you a pm
Charity Request on 14:09 - Feb 9 with 3030 viewsnordenblue

Did you manage to start a collection point be it through the club or via the trust?
Charity Request on 16:39 - Feb 9 with 2981 viewsdalenumber2

Charity Request on 14:09 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

Did you manage to start a collection point be it through the club or via the trust?

Yes I think someone is sorting this out for me - will update when I get the details. I'm very grateful for the help I've been offered by some of the posters on this messageboard.
Charity Request on 16:54 - Feb 9 with 2968 viewsjorafc

Charity Request on 14:06 - Feb 9 by dalenumber2

I will send you a pm

Thanks!
Charity Request on 19:10 - Feb 9 with 2918 views442Dale

There will be a box in the Ratcliffe at the Trust desk on Saturday. Anyone wishing to donate shirts, please bring them along and pop them in there.

Charity Request on 20:57 - Feb 9 with 2852 viewsdalenumber2

Charity Request on 19:10 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

There will be a box in the Ratcliffe at the Trust desk on Saturday. Anyone wishing to donate shirts, please bring them along and pop them in there.

Many thanks for setting that up 442Dale
Charity Request on 23:42 - Feb 9 with 2808 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Do England Cricket shirts count?
Charity Request on 08:44 - Feb 10 with 2778 viewsjudd

Charity Request on 23:42 - Feb 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do England Cricket shirts count?

They've got a box, not a skip.

Charity Request on 12:45 - Feb 10 with 2721 viewsD_Alien

Charity Request on 16:39 - Feb 9 by dalenumber2

Yes I think someone is sorting this out for me - will update when I get the details. I'm very grateful for the help I've been offered by some of the posters on this messageboard.

You're right dn2, my posts just distracted from the purpose of the thread. Didn't intend that, and I apologise.

Charity Request on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 2708 viewsdalenumber2

Charity Request on 12:45 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

You're right dn2, my posts just distracted from the purpose of the thread. Didn't intend that, and I apologise.

That wasn't a dig DAlien, no need to apologise - there's nothing wrong with a bit of banter.
Charity Request on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 2563 viewsDale_Trust

Football Shirt Collection

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1403
Charity Request on 10:38 - Feb 12 with 2412 viewsaleanddale

I have a couple of old shirts and will be dropping in the box on Saturday.

Great idea - and i hope the OP is having more success with the club now.

A worthy cause.

Can we have a pic later this year of 200 Ugandans all in dale shirts!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024