Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team spirit 12:47 - Apr 7 with 1648 views100notout

I spent 94 minutes yesterday thinking that the players had given up for the season. To me they looked like the Preston game had knocked the stuffing out of them and they just wanted to get to the beach on their summer holidays. Several times from kick off I commented that this game had 0-0 written all over it.

Well how wrong I was. A late late late winner is always sweet as mentioned on another thread but what really pleased me was the reaction of the players and the bench (not often you see Hilly celebrating on the pitch after the game and a special mention for Jackthe kitmans leap into Calvins arms!) - you could see how much this meant to them and that they haven't given up and that they will be giving everything to be in that that 6th place come the end of the season.

Bring on Doncaster.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Team spirit on 13:01 - Apr 7 with 1588 viewslurker

Yesterday was the classic Good against Evil game.
I think the players should take a lot of credit for pulling out the 3 points as we all know how these games usually pan out
Team spirit on 13:01 - Apr 7 with 1586 viewsTVOS1907

I think it's a bit harsh to think they had given up on the season.

Our squad has been depleted in recent weeks, including on Good Friday, so Hill really did have to get his thinking cap on over the weekend to come up with a team and tactics for yesterday.

Port Vale were difficult opponents. They had no interest in winning the game and the longer it went on, the more desperate we became.

You're right, it did have 0-0 written all over it, although I predicted at half-time it had 1-0 to Vale written all over it, as has been seen before.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team spirit on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 1499 views100notout

Team spirit on 13:01 - Apr 7 by TVOS1907

I think it's a bit harsh to think they had given up on the season.

Our squad has been depleted in recent weeks, including on Good Friday, so Hill really did have to get his thinking cap on over the weekend to come up with a team and tactics for yesterday.

Port Vale were difficult opponents. They had no interest in winning the game and the longer it went on, the more desperate we became.

You're right, it did have 0-0 written all over it, although I predicted at half-time it had 1-0 to Vale written all over it, as has been seen before.

Mep maybe a bit harsh and I take your point re injuries although, the majority that started the game were regulars this season.

Always harder when a team "parks the bus". Re the 1-0 Port Vale win I think that would have happened with the Dale of old and more recently under Coleman and Eyre. These guys are made of much stronger stuff!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Team spirit on 13:30 - Apr 7 with 1463 viewsColDale

Team spirit on 13:20 - Apr 7 by 100notout

Mep maybe a bit harsh and I take your point re injuries although, the majority that started the game were regulars this season.

Always harder when a team "parks the bus". Re the 1-0 Port Vale win I think that would have happened with the Dale of old and more recently under Coleman and Eyre. These guys are made of much stronger stuff!

I think if Vale had shown a modicum of ambition, then they would have won. We offered next to nothing down the left hand side, yet they had no inclination to try and exploit that. Any manager worth his salt would have took full advantage, yet our patched up defence had a relatively easy afternoon. Sometimes, its all about bravery, and thats exactly what paid off for us.
Team spirit on 17:44 - Apr 7 with 1103 viewsboromat

Team spirit on 13:30 - Apr 7 by ColDale

I think if Vale had shown a modicum of ambition, then they would have won. We offered next to nothing down the left hand side, yet they had no inclination to try and exploit that. Any manager worth his salt would have took full advantage, yet our patched up defence had a relatively easy afternoon. Sometimes, its all about bravery, and thats exactly what paid off for us.

I thought that during the game but late on Vale did go more attacking and had pretty much 4 up top and we all know what happened at the end of the game :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024