Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mourinho it is then 21:08 - May 21 with 2624 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/21/jose-mourinho-to-be-appointed-as-

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mourinho it is then on 21:10 - May 21 with 2617 viewsdalestats

New managers at United, city, Chelsea. First full season for klopp mix that with Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester and not everyone can succeed.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Mourinho it is then on 22:15 - May 21 with 2476 viewsChaffRAFC

Thoroughly delighted with this news.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mourinho it is then on 22:26 - May 21 with 2437 viewsD_Dale

Mourinho it is then on 22:15 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

Thoroughly delighted with this news.

Me too, in the hope that he brings the same form with him that saw in the recent season Cheski start off with 11 points from a possible 36, and this will do something to reduce the sense of entitlement that surrounds OT and thoroughly cheese off the club's owners.
Mourinho it is then on 07:04 - May 22 with 2255 viewsnordenblue

Mourinho it is then on 22:26 - May 21 by D_Dale

Me too, in the hope that he brings the same form with him that saw in the recent season Cheski start off with 11 points from a possible 36, and this will do something to reduce the sense of entitlement that surrounds OT and thoroughly cheese off the club's owners.

Sense of entitlement? Having been a few time during Moyes and LVG management I only ever met genuine honest fans at the game who openly admitted how shite they currently are and deservedly so.
The owners won't get too cheesed off they'll just sack him and replace him like at any club
[Post edited 22 May 2016 8:00]
Mourinho it is then on 08:39 - May 22 with 2166 viewsmingthemerciless

Mourinho it is then on 07:04 - May 22 by nordenblue

Sense of entitlement? Having been a few time during Moyes and LVG management I only ever met genuine honest fans at the game who openly admitted how shite they currently are and deservedly so.
The owners won't get too cheesed off they'll just sack him and replace him like at any club
[Post edited 22 May 2016 8:00]

In the the immortal words of John McEnroe - " You Can Not Be Serious ". Maybe it's just the ones that don't go that have the sense of entitlement.
Mourinho it is then on 09:19 - May 22 with 2119 viewsSandyman

Mourinho it is then on 08:39 - May 22 by mingthemerciless

In the the immortal words of John McEnroe - " You Can Not Be Serious ". Maybe it's just the ones that don't go that have the sense of entitlement.

Those fans never miss a game in the pub. True loyalty. Shame they can never get tickets, for any Manchester United game. Ever.
Mourinho it is then on 10:44 - May 22 with 2002 viewsnordenblue

Mourinho it is then on 08:39 - May 22 by mingthemerciless

I'd say Liverpool fans are far more diluted about success and over praising their team,that's from a neutral to be honest and if anything I'm much more keen on the blue half of manchester.
Mourinho it is then on 11:28 - May 22 with 1958 viewsD_Alien

For all LVG's well-documented failures at Man U, he at least deserved last night to celebrate the FA Cup win with his players.

The "news" on Mourinho was breaking even before the champagne corks popped. Pretty shabby all round.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Mourinho it is then on 11:51 - May 22 with 1930 views1mark1

Mourinho it is then on 11:28 - May 22 by D_Alien

For all LVG's well-documented failures at Man U, he at least deserved last night to celebrate the FA Cup win with his players.

The "news" on Mourinho was breaking even before the champagne corks popped. Pretty shabby all round.

Sums up the way they treat people.
Hope Van Gael gets the maximum possible compo.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 11:52]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Mourinho it is then on 12:40 - May 22 with 1874 viewsalderleydale

Mourinho it is then on 09:19 - May 22 by Sandyman

Those fans never miss a game in the pub. True loyalty. Shame they can never get tickets, for any Manchester United game. Ever.

Best post I have ever seen on here!!

Sums up why most of us hate them

Mourinho it is then on 13:26 - May 22 with 1817 views442Dale

Mourinho it is then on 12:40 - May 22 by alderleydale

But isn't that the individuals who choose not to go? The United regulars I know are very realistic about their standing right now.

Like it or not, a strong Manchester United was good for English football. Whether they'll ever be at the level they were under Ferguson again is doubtful.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Mourinho it is then on 14:20 - May 22 with 1756 viewsD_Alien

Mourinho it is then on 12:40 - May 22 by alderleydale

If you mean the armchair fans, you might have a point - but hatred? Pity, surely?

If you mean Man Utd - don't be silly.

As ambassadors for the English game throughout the footballing world, they're held in something approaching reverence, and not without good reason.

The only reason for hating them is pure jealousy, and for what? To prove how little you value success? It's pathetic.

Mourinho it is then on 15:05 - May 22 with 1673 viewsalderleydale

Mourinho it is then on 14:20 - May 22 by D_Alien

If you mean the armchair fans, you might have a point - but hatred? Pity, surely?

As ambassadors for the English game throughout the footballing world, they're held in something approaching reverence, and not without good reason.

The only reason for hating them is pure jealousy, and for what? To prove how little you value success? It's pathetic.

If you take the time to read thoroughly the post I replied to, then you would see my comments are aimed at armchair fans specifically.

Pathetic
Mourinho it is then on 15:12 - May 22 with 1648 viewsSalwaDale

Mourinho it is then on 14:20 - May 22 by D_Alien

The reason is not just pure jealousy, but it is grounded in the Man United fans mentioned above. I have always hated them mostly due to the ignorant 'fans' that have no clue about what it means to be a proper fan. I hated getting laughed at by these 'fans' because I was a Rochdale fan growing up in Rochdale. I hated the ignorance of the armchair fans.

Having said that, the actual real Man United fans that I know are no different to any other football fans

TBBT

Mourinho it is then on 15:29 - May 22 with 1617 viewsolympicdale

Mourinho it is then on 11:28 - May 22 by D_Alien

No surprise though really is it, we saw it with how awfully Pellegrini was treated, we have zero respect for managers in this country.

Life is a game of fate.

Mourinho it is then on 16:48 - May 22 with 1510 viewsdalestats

Mourinho it is then on 15:29 - May 22 by olympicdale

No surprise though really is it, we saw it with how awfully Pellegrini was treated, we have zero respect for managers in this country.

I don't think it's zero respect. It's unrealistic expectations of some fans and chairmen. Look how many championship managers got axed last season

Poll: Remain in the eu

Mourinho it is then on 21:57 - May 22 with 1374 viewsnordenblue

Mourinho it is then on 15:12 - May 22 by SalwaDale

The reason is not just pure jealousy, but it is grounded in the Man United fans mentioned above. I have always hated them mostly due to the ignorant 'fans' that have no clue about what it means to be a proper fan. I hated getting laughed at by these 'fans' because I was a Rochdale fan growing up in Rochdale. I hated the ignorance of the armchair fans.

Having said that, the actual real Man United fans that I know are no different to any other football fans

The same could be said about armchair fans of ALL premier league sides,United don't have a monopoly on bell end sky sports subscribers who've never seen a match live though.
Mourinho it is then on 22:38 - May 22 with 1324 viewsD_Dale

"As ambassadors for the English game throughout the footballing world, they're held in something approaching reverence, and not without good reason."

I can't speak for the footballing world (especially as I don't really know what that phrase entails), but I don't see they have done so much for English football. They've cherry-picked the best foreign players - as yesterday, British born players have long been in a minority in the squad (as of course is the case with most Premier clubs).

The foreign owners regard the club as a means of making huge amounts of money (again, often the case in the premiership, along with those who indulge in a vanity exercise).

Any sympathy I have with 'real' fans of Manchester United is for those who've created FCUM.

And any 'reverence' I have for football is directed towards those clubs where the directors have a fidelity towards their local side, don't always put the financial aspect above all others and wouldn't regard finishing a season in fifth-place as a failure.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 22:41]
Mourinho it is then on 23:13 - May 22 with 1276 viewsD_Alien

Mourinho it is then on 22:38 - May 22 by D_Dale

"As ambassadors for the English game throughout the footballing world, they're held in something approaching reverence, and not without good reason."

I can't speak for the footballing world (especially as I don't really know what that phrase entails), but I don't see they have done so much for English football. They've cherry-picked the best foreign players - as yesterday, British born players have long been in a minority in the squad (as of course is the case with most Premier clubs).

The foreign owners regard the club as a means of making huge amounts of money (again, often the case in the premiership, along with those who indulge in a vanity exercise).

Any sympathy I have with 'real' fans of Manchester United is for those who've created FCUM.

And any 'reverence' I have for football is directed towards those clubs where the directors have a fidelity towards their local side, don't always put the financial aspect above all others and wouldn't regard finishing a season in fifth-place as a failure.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 22:41]

What I mean by the phrase i used is the long history and tradition started by Matt Busby in the 1940/50s and continued right through till recently, of playing open, attacking and largely winning football which has won admirers throughout the world and against which the petty jealousies of "most of us" - that was the term incorrectly used in the post I replied to - appears insignificant.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 23:16]

Mourinho it is then on 23:15 - May 22 with 1267 viewspioneer

Mourinho it is then on 11:51 - May 22 by 1mark1

Sums up the way they treat people.
Hope Van Gael gets the maximum possible compo.
[Post edited 22 May 2016 11:52]

wont be the first time they sack the boss after winning the cup. Tommy docherty got the heave ho in 1976 when he admitted he was humping the physios missus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024