Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury update 12:09 - Feb 3 with 2116 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/injury-update-3553747.aspx

As feared Lillis is long term as is Lund, both had operations this week.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Injury update on 12:35 - Feb 3 with 2039 viewsSwissdale

Yep, terrible news. Fear the loss of Bunney, Lund and Davies in particular could de-rail our playoff push - all three were superb during our run of form.

Hope I'm proven wrong. Let's see what Taylor, Kitching and Redshaw can do.
Injury update on 12:37 - Feb 3 with 2031 views100notout

Injury update on 12:35 - Feb 3 by Swissdale

Yep, terrible news. Fear the loss of Bunney, Lund and Davies in particular could de-rail our playoff push - all three were superb during our run of form.

Agreed. Pleasing to see Rathbone back in training though and I hope he can play on Saturday - we really missed his energy on the pitch

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Injury update on 13:22 - Feb 3 with 1873 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Injury update on 12:35 - Feb 3 by Swissdale

Lund just cant seem to get a run of games under his belt, which is a real shame.

His 11 game run this season is perhaps his best?

Hopefully get Ollie back this week and Steve D in a couple of weeks to boost numbers a bit.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Injury update on 14:02 - Feb 3 with 1761 viewsD_Alien

Injury update on 13:22 - Feb 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Lund just cant seem to get a run of games under his belt, which is a real shame.

His 11 game run this season is perhaps his best?

Hopefully get Ollie back this week and Steve D in a couple of weeks to boost numbers a bit.

I fear for Lund in the longer term

He seems prone to injuries, which isn't a major surprise given the way he throws himself into challenges in a way which many players don't, but which on occasions have saved our skin, and he'll be missed perhaps more than any of the others due to both his defensive activity and goal-scoring threat

On the other hand, Rathbone's return will be a major boost. I wonder if the club are exploring a facemask for Calvin?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Injury update on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 1752 viewsDaveDave

We could do with a few weeks of snow around the country! Good to see that the club are now keeping us informed about the injury situation
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 14:23]

Injury update on 14:06 - Feb 3 with 1745 viewsDaleiLama

Injury update on 14:02 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

He seems prone to injuries, which isn't a major surprise given the way he throws himself into challenges in a way which many players don't, but which on occasions have saved our skin, and he'll be missed perhaps more than any of the others due to both his defensive activity and goal-scoring threat

On the other hand, Rathbone's return will be a major boost. I wonder if the club are exploring a facemask for Calvin?

I'm sure in the background of one of Hilly's interviews I heard Jack the kitman shout come here kemosabe

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Injury update on 14:21 - Feb 3 with 1698 viewsDorsetDale

In todays daleplayer interview, Hilly says it's up to Calvin whether he goes for surgery or wears a mask.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:32 - Feb 3 with 1658 viewsDaveDave

Injury update on 14:06 - Feb 3 by DaleiLama

I'm sure in the background of one of Hilly's interviews I heard Jack the kitman shout come here kemosabe

[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 19:01]

Login to get fewer ads

Injury update on 15:10 - Feb 3 with 1582 viewsisitme

In a way his catalogue of injuries may help us keep Lund. With a good season behind him I suspect he would have left to sign for a better player. His injury record will probably put a number of other clubs off.
Injury update on 19:06 - Feb 3 with 1291 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No mention of Andy Cannon.........anyone know if he will figure tomorrow ?
Injury update on 19:42 - Feb 3 with 1233 viewsboromat

Injury update on 19:06 - Feb 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

No mention of Andy Cannon.........anyone know if he will figure tomorrow ?

When he came back the other week I think it was too early and he really struggled we've not seen him since but maybe if we've had some bounce games he may have pushed himself back into the fold.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Injury update on 00:14 - Feb 4 with 1052 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Injury update on 19:42 - Feb 3 by boromat

When he came back the other week I think it was too early and he really struggled we've not seen him since but maybe if we've had some bounce games he may have pushed himself back into the fold.

In that last half game he played against Oxford he looked lightweight......just hope he is fit and ready to go again......Star Man at the beginning of the season!
Injury update on 08:34 - Feb 4 with 925 viewsfitzochris

The amount of injuries we have is concerning, or perhaps it would be better to say the particular players who are injured is the concern.

Hill said he has addressed this with Taylor, Wilson, Kitching and Redshaw.

I got to se a bit of the latter two on Saturday and only Kitching looked ready to get stuck in from the off. It's early days for Redshaw, though, and he's been out injured, so I'm sure it will happen for him.

What's more notable is that the team had been settled up until recently, so it's not just a case of new players bedding in, but returning players getting up to speed, too.

On Saturday, I thought we looked good in the first half against a big Huddersfield side (Jamie Allen's stature was almost lampooned in comparison). We held the ball well and attempted to move it down the left and right, before cutting across the box or floating a cross in. RNL's onto the head of Vincenti deserved better. When Hendo rounded the keeper, too, I thought that was it, but he hit a flat side-foot instead of an angled effort.

After that, I felt we didn't threaten as much. Losing Calvin Andrew didn't help, I suppose, and Logan had had nowt to do really before he kicked the ball straight to them for the goal. Gutting.

After crushing myself into the Pearl Street bar at half time for a (chalice-glassed) San Miguel, I was optimistic that the second had us still in it.

Instead I saw Logan capitulate and Hendo well marshalled at the other end. While I would say Huddersfield were worthy winners, it wasn't a 4-0 game (cliche alert). I just think we didn't offer the same threat as we did in the first half. Some of the nuances escaped me as I was dealing with a child, laughing at some the chants from the Huddersfield fans and trying to work out who threw the blue smoke flare onto the pitch.

My pal who goes to every home game said to me afterwards that the performance had been typical of the past few, in that we seem to beat ourselves more than it being down to the opposition.

Hopefully, today, we can put that right.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 8:46]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024