Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do clubs balance ambition and finances 22:57 - Aug 12 with 1458 viewsJames1980

Without backers with deep pockets and money to burn. How do clubs progress? Should we be happy with a club to support regardless of how ambitious the board are?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 23:50 - Aug 12 with 1403 viewsDalenet

The salary cap means that a rich backer won't be able to legitimately 'pay' beyond the clubs means for players. They could of course invest in facilities, training facilities, etc to make the club more appealing

We will benefit from the salary cap and on paper can afford £2.5m provided income streams return. It isn't clear to me whether we plan to spend anywhere near the £2.5m cap or not. The Chairman's briefing implies not
How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 08:00 - Aug 13 with 1291 viewsAncoats_Blue

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 23:50 - Aug 12 by Dalenet

The salary cap means that a rich backer won't be able to legitimately 'pay' beyond the clubs means for players. They could of course invest in facilities, training facilities, etc to make the club more appealing

We will benefit from the salary cap and on paper can afford £2.5m provided income streams return. It isn't clear to me whether we plan to spend anywhere near the £2.5m cap or not. The Chairman's briefing implies not

I saw a comment the other day along the lines of you’ll start to see players wive’s “employed” by clubs as cleaners on £200kpa.
Tongue in cheek but probably not too far from the truth. As with anything there’ll be loopholes so the most determined clubs will still splash the cash.
How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 09:29 - Aug 13 with 1195 viewsD_Alien

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 08:00 - Aug 13 by Ancoats_Blue

I saw a comment the other day along the lines of you’ll start to see players wive’s “employed” by clubs as cleaners on £200kpa.
Tongue in cheek but probably not too far from the truth. As with anything there’ll be loopholes so the most determined clubs will still splash the cash.

We could do with some scrubbers to shift the lockdown pigeon shit

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 10:36 - Aug 13 with 1103 viewsnordenblue

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 09:29 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

We could do with some scrubbers to shift the lockdown pigeon shit

Thats some seriously hard pigeon shite DA....
How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 12:13 - Aug 13 with 1015 viewswatford_dale

The clubs voted this through without consultation with the PFA. Prior to the announcement of a salary cap, a player signed had their salary accounted for based on a divisional average for the remainder of the existing contract. Therefore expensive players only have a fraction of their wage counted towards the salary cap.

After then it is 100% of the salary counting towards the salary cap.

The owners rushed this through, with one eye on the finances of the club and another eye on their businesses, without the consent of the players. There will have to be a concession from the owners to extend the post salary cap period or some other form of compensation.

As for the cap itself, its just elite protectionism because hard salary caps will make it very difficult for the club to compete in the division above. This is shoving things through on the back of Covid 19 as has happened in rugby.

I would prefer a USA salary cap system whereby a hard cap is set and any spending over that amount incurs a luxury tax. In baseball it is $1.50 for every $1 over the cap. That revenue is then shared amongst all other teams in the league.

There will be a creation of a salary cap compliance unit to police the salary caps.
How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 13:26 - Aug 13 with 930 viewstruenorth

In the current climate, surely this thread should be titled 'How do clubs balance survival and finances?'
TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

How do clubs balance ambition and finances on 08:18 - Aug 14 with 746 viewspioneer

Calvin’s missus might have scored more than he did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024