Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Wonderwall 17:46 - Nov 14 with 1303 viewsblackdogblue

Drove past earlier, noticed the trees being trimmed on the back of the car park but what also caught my attention was what looked like a blue & white floral tribute name in the middle of the wonderwall behind the Sandy. Apologies can’t remember the name but has someone passed away?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dale Wonderwall on 17:59 - Nov 14 with 1258 views442Dale

It says ‘Cloughie’ and has been there since he sadly passed away during the summer.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/ripcloughie/

That wall really is a good feature now, but do wish they’d clean the sign on the back of the Sandy to smarten it up a bit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Wonderwall on 17:59 - Nov 14 with 1258 viewsR17ALE

You saw "CLOUGHIE".

His floral tribute was placed up there after his funeral last July. Glad it's not withered away. He's also one of the "faces in the crowd" as well

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Dale Wonderwall on 18:15 - Nov 14 with 1215 viewsblackdogblue

Yes that was the name I saw & thanks for the reminder.. it looked more recent and looked like it was put there today or yesterday.

Maybe it could become a more permanent feature and change the back of the Sandy behind the bit of a floral wall to a “garden of remembrance” for long serving Dale fans or people who are deserving an honour rather than just a blue corrugated back of a stand?

I’m not talking a free for all or “donations” but I’m sure after all David Clough did for the club, it’s a small gesture to remember our unsung heroes..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dale Wonderwall on 07:54 - Nov 15 with 1011 viewsnordenblue

Dale Wonderwall on 18:15 - Nov 14 by blackdogblue

Yes that was the name I saw & thanks for the reminder.. it looked more recent and looked like it was put there today or yesterday.

Maybe it could become a more permanent feature and change the back of the Sandy behind the bit of a floral wall to a “garden of remembrance” for long serving Dale fans or people who are deserving an honour rather than just a blue corrugated back of a stand?

I’m not talking a free for all or “donations” but I’m sure after all David Clough did for the club, it’s a small gesture to remember our unsung heroes..

To be honest I think Cloughie deserves a tribute of his own for his dedication over decades, but fully agreed about the idea of a remembrance type area too, would be a nice touch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024