Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 18:58 - Jun 6 with 4221 viewsRAFCBLUE

On Tuesday at the AGM/EGM, a shareholder asked the Board a question about Gina Buckley.

It was news to me as I'd never heard of it so I decided to look at the timeline of events from information in the public domain.

From LinkedIn, it shows that Gina Buckley was employed as Ticket office manager from March 2027 to June 2019.

On 7 October 2018 James Mason was appointed CEO
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/october/james-mason-appointment/

On 26 November 2018 James Mason and Gina Buckley (amongst others) joined the club's Board of Directors
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/four-new-directors-announced/

The club said at the time:
In a first for the club, Ms Buckley and Mrs Fielding become the first ever women to be appointed to the Board of Directors.

Ms Buckley, said: “Having been a part of the club for over a decade, it has been a huge part of my life and I feel extremely humbled and honoured to have been asked to take up this position. I hope I can use my experience and knowledge gained over the last 12 years to further benefit the running of the club.”

“It is a proud day in the history of Rochdale AFC as Gina and Frances become the first ever women to join the Board. They have been at the forefront of our progression as a club over the last few years and so this new role is a perfect fit for them and the club.

“I look forward to working even closer with them all during the rest of the season and beyond. Up the Dale!”

On 6 December 2018, James Mason left the club and David Bottomley transitions to CEO
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17281247.james-mason-leaves-rochdal

At the end of December 2018, Chris Dunphy left the club and Andrew Kilpatrick become Chairman.

On 25 June 2019, Gina Buckley resigned from her Board position, as is noted at Companies House:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/wX2J1LfSMOF3

You'd have thought that would be end of if.

Except, this link shows that Gina Buckley then took the club to an employment tribunal, withdrawing her claim in January 2020 - 7 months after leaving.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/miss-g-buckley-v-rochdale-assoc

The shareholder who asked the question was told by the Directors that they could not comment - even though all of this information above is well in the public domain, much of it on the club's website.

What's clear is that the club ultimately settled financially with Miss Buckley and you can only surmise that claim was for either constructive unfair dismissal or wrongful dismissal - i.e. something which the club had done.

There are always two sides to every story, but I'm really concerned about how much money of the club has been wasted due to the wrongdoing of current management.

Settlements and legal fees take away from the playing budget of the club which is why we exist. From what the Directors said about this and the Hill/Beech change that's a lot of money paying people off rather than investing in the club.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:07 - Jun 6 with 4155 viewsboromat

All of the changes at that time seemed very strange maybe we should have been asking more questions sooner.

It's more worrying goings on.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:11 - Jun 6 with 4128 viewsblackdogblue

She is one of the daughters of who runs a local establishment.

To be honest I always found her very friendly in & out of work and there was a very nasty social media incident at a cup match which was well out of order & then got rumour mills in overdrive about another person at the club...

Didn’t comment on any of it & believe all was unfounded... a lot has been learnt since about crap that is posted on social media globally... she worked for the club a long time & it must have been a brave decision to leave... if there was any untoward those responsible should have been held to account...

Edit.. where does it say there was an out of court settlement??

[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 19:13]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:14 - Jun 6 with 4099 views49thseason

More excellent digging! Its amazing what is in the public domain. This sort of information-gathering is what will flush out the frauds and incompetents faster than a large dose of Cod llver oil. Wasting money seems to be endemic, the idea that selling players can replace the basics that have served the club so well for so long is simply sowing the seeds of disaster. We urgently need a back-to-basics policy across the whole club. Trevor Butt. was right..... Man U we are not.
Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:24 - Jun 6 with 4050 viewsblackdogblue

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:14 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

More excellent digging! Its amazing what is in the public domain. This sort of information-gathering is what will flush out the frauds and incompetents faster than a large dose of Cod llver oil. Wasting money seems to be endemic, the idea that selling players can replace the basics that have served the club so well for so long is simply sowing the seeds of disaster. We urgently need a back-to-basics policy across the whole club. Trevor Butt. was right..... Man U we are not.

Man U won nowt this season either

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:44 - Jun 6 with 3985 viewsjudd

It was me that quoted the cancellation of the unfair dismissal claim in January 2020 and asked how it had been accounted for in the accounts.

The responding argument was the terms of the settlement of the claim covered by some legal terminology meant it cannot be disclosed.

I wasn't interested at all in knowing what was paid out, rather I was building on the compensation lines in 2019 and 2020 accounts and was a supplementary question to one asked before me which asked for an explanation for her leaving.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 20:53 - Jun 6 with 3811 viewsRAFCBLUE

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 19:14 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

Post the AGM/EGM, the volume of examples of wasting resources and wasted money since Chris Dunphy left the club in December 2018 continues to grow.

There are two themes:
1. The waste seems not to be insubstantial sums of money.

Every year we budget to either make a loss or break even. We have to have to hope for a cup run or sell a players to balance the books. We appear to have had to work even harder than normal to cover the costs of other decisions or incidents.

All of these examples cost the club time and money, steepening the mountain that has to be climbed.

2. A climate of concealment post December 2018.

Every decision that is coming out seems to have (a) harmed the long term wellbeing of the club and (b) infuriated or upset longstanding supporters.
You have to ask why? The truth always comes out.

It's almost as if we went from being well run, well managed, prudent and then have completely lost the plot off the field.

Answers are needed to that; anyone in charge of RAFC is merely a temporary custodian of the asset and their job is to maintain and enhance that asset for future generations.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 22:01 - Jun 6 with 3646 views49thseason

I hate to say this but its almost as if people who should know better have been carried away by the apparent easy come, easy go attitudes that have begun to be commonplace. The price of placing much of the power with little oversight in too few hands is catastrophic. I wondered at the time why Chris Dunphy said his first action were he to return would be to instigate a full financial audit. I am starting to wonder if perhaps he thought we were overpaying with too much regularity for it to be accidental? Desperate people do desperate things....Football isn't actually famous for financial probity and seems to attract people who recognise that.
Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 22:16 - Jun 6 with 3607 viewsRAFCBLUE

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 22:01 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

I hate to say this but its almost as if people who should know better have been carried away by the apparent easy come, easy go attitudes that have begun to be commonplace. The price of placing much of the power with little oversight in too few hands is catastrophic. I wondered at the time why Chris Dunphy said his first action were he to return would be to instigate a full financial audit. I am starting to wonder if perhaps he thought we were overpaying with too much regularity for it to be accidental? Desperate people do desperate things....Football isn't actually famous for financial probity and seems to attract people who recognise that.

Excellent post.

The learning from this episode in our history is your second sentence and broadening checks and governance to ensure that no one or few people control the club.

Login to get fewer ads

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 23:26 - Jun 6 with 3464 viewsR17ALE

I was watching the faces on the top table and when the question was raised about the circumstances leading to Miss Buckley's departure , and it was aimed at Rawlinson, the looks on said faces was, blimey and double crikey.

Bottomley reacted like a sniper had shot him in the knee!

Now I knew the question was coming, so I took the time to view reactions. I know what I saw.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 15:08 - Jun 8 with 2565 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Miss G Buckley v Rochdale Association Football Club Ltd: 2411355/2019 on 23:26 - Jun 6 by R17ALE

I was watching the faces on the top table and when the question was raised about the circumstances leading to Miss Buckley's departure , and it was aimed at Rawlinson, the looks on said faces was, blimey and double crikey.

Bottomley reacted like a sniper had shot him in the knee!

Now I knew the question was coming, so I took the time to view reactions. I know what I saw.

Always found Gina B a very charming and helpful member of staff at the Club....indeed a stalwart.
Would be useful to hear the circumstances of her departure if only to emphasise what an ugly culture was lurking around and needs removing. Are other members of Staff under pressure?

This whole sorry saga seems to roll on and gather momentum.

Has BotBot cleared his desk yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024