Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust 21:41 - Feb 3 with 4233 viewsRAFCBLUE

Whisper it quietly (because you don't know who is reading...), but the Trust put out on their email last night about sizeable individual donations being received direct to the Trust.

The online Crowdfunder has raised £16,916 online so far. Offline however the donations are also large and the benevolence and generosity of individuals is staggering.

A £130,000 target is set to pay for all of the legal fees which are going to be incurred defending legal actions brought against supporters and volunteers of the club.

WAYS TO DONATE

1. Online:
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/keep-rochdale-afc-fan-owned/

2. Offline:
2a. Individual donation or
2b. Regular monthly donation

Monies go straight into the fans organisation and are used for the benefit of fans.

Trust contact email: info@daletrust.co.uk

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 21:55 - Feb 3 with 4177 viewsHullDale

One thing that has been noticeable in the last week or so is how many non-Dale supporting mates are now actively asking about what is going on (& some asking what happened last year).

In the main last year it felt like mostly Dale fans with a mixture of Southend / Charlton thrown in who were aware of everything. Now it seems to have caught the attention of footy fans everywhere.

One look on twitter and you can see Norwich, Brentford, Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool fan groups to name a few are getting involved. Podcasts up and down the country, news articles, stories related to FA charges, Range Rover raffles at Charlton are all going 'viral'. One google of company or individual names + Rochdale and you open up a pandora's box of information. Journos will be having a field day with that!

It would appear nothing unites the football community more than fans being threatened by charlatans, chancers and/or mysterious (unaccredited) payroll companies.

If 'Morton House' wanted their affairs to be scrutinised even further by an exponentially growing number of people, they have succeeded. & lets be fair, if they so desperately still want in at Dale, surely they can't have anything to hide.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 21:59]
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 21:57 - Feb 3 with 4162 viewsD_Alien

Since you raise the matter, i suspect if those likely to make relatively small donations via the crowdfunding route saw large amounts bumping up the total, it could be a bit offputting

i.e. their small donation being swamped by those with bigger pockets. So its perhaps as well that such large donations are made directly to the Trust. It all helps, of course

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 22:58 - Feb 3 with 4014 viewsRAFCBLUE

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 21:57 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

Since you raise the matter, i suspect if those likely to make relatively small donations via the crowdfunding route saw large amounts bumping up the total, it could be a bit offputting

i.e. their small donation being swamped by those with bigger pockets. So its perhaps as well that such large donations are made directly to the Trust. It all helps, of course

I completely agree with you DA.

The power of this crowdfunding across the national media is that we are getting £1 here, £1 there for thousands of football fans.

As HullDale states the message has grown exponentially in only 6 days.

If £130,000 is 130,000 football fans giving £1, then between now and the end of the season we will raise that comfortably IMO all for the good of the club.

Look around the UK and there are at least a million football fans each week out and about at games and watching in bars and pubs.

Morton House MGT seemingly want to take on football and are using a little defenceless League 2 club to do that hoping to God that it goes under the radar.

It's quite the opposite. When people like Kieran Maguire get onto a story like this is grows and grows and grows.

Rochdale vs the World. We didn't choose this battle but we are ready.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 00:01 - Feb 4 with 3908 viewsDalenet

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 22:58 - Feb 3 by RAFCBLUE

I completely agree with you DA.

The power of this crowdfunding across the national media is that we are getting £1 here, £1 there for thousands of football fans.

As HullDale states the message has grown exponentially in only 6 days.

If £130,000 is 130,000 football fans giving £1, then between now and the end of the season we will raise that comfortably IMO all for the good of the club.

Look around the UK and there are at least a million football fans each week out and about at games and watching in bars and pubs.

Morton House MGT seemingly want to take on football and are using a little defenceless League 2 club to do that hoping to God that it goes under the radar.

It's quite the opposite. When people like Kieran Maguire get onto a story like this is grows and grows and grows.

Rochdale vs the World. We didn't choose this battle but we are ready.

I think there is a balance to be had here. Realistically we are not going to raise the funds by relying on other football fans. We are a small club, with a small support, but it is generally very loyal. Another way to look at this is to encourage 1000 of us to donate £100. That would raise the lions share. Before anybody bites my head off, I know £100 is an awful lot of money to so many. And nobody should donate more than they can afford. Every pound helps and all that. But can we appeal to those that can afford it to stump up £100?

I for one think it is shocking that our own volunteer directors and our Trust committee are being targeted personally. As fans we need to rally around them so they are not left exposed. I do wonder if the Trust could advise whether they plan to seek costs if Morton House fail in their claim. If so there is the prospect of the funds coming back and the club/Trust could use the money wisely. If people think their £100 is lost forever they may be reticent. Just a thought.
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 00:16 - Feb 4 with 3895 viewsRAFCBLUE

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 00:01 - Feb 4 by Dalenet

I think there is a balance to be had here. Realistically we are not going to raise the funds by relying on other football fans. We are a small club, with a small support, but it is generally very loyal. Another way to look at this is to encourage 1000 of us to donate £100. That would raise the lions share. Before anybody bites my head off, I know £100 is an awful lot of money to so many. And nobody should donate more than they can afford. Every pound helps and all that. But can we appeal to those that can afford it to stump up £100?

I for one think it is shocking that our own volunteer directors and our Trust committee are being targeted personally. As fans we need to rally around them so they are not left exposed. I do wonder if the Trust could advise whether they plan to seek costs if Morton House fail in their claim. If so there is the prospect of the funds coming back and the club/Trust could use the money wisely. If people think their £100 is lost forever they may be reticent. Just a thought.

That's another good way of looking at it.

Another method:

11 home games between now and the end of the season.

Average crowd, say 2,300. £1 per person per game.

That's another £25,000.

Make that £4 per person per game and the target is reach with no other efforts

We could see if we could obtain some of those round cylindrical things that bury fans used quite frequently in the 1990's in their times of woe.

I completely agree that the deliberate and considered targeting of unpaid volunteer fans is a discourteous and disrespectful tactic and it is to the power of everyone involved that we are working together.

All offline donations are only seen by the Trust and are used under its constitution for the benefit of fans.

The more fans that see that Crowdfunding online the stronger it gets and you can read there donations from:

Burnley
Nottingham Forest
Oldham
Manchester United
Manchester City
Blackburn
Norwich City
Brighton and Hove Albion
Plymouth Argyle
Exeter City
Charlton Athletic

And many, many more!

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 08:55 - Feb 4 with 3651 viewsblackdogblue

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 00:16 - Feb 4 by RAFCBLUE

That's another good way of looking at it.

Another method:

11 home games between now and the end of the season.

Average crowd, say 2,300. £1 per person per game.

That's another £25,000.

Make that £4 per person per game and the target is reach with no other efforts

We could see if we could obtain some of those round cylindrical things that bury fans used quite frequently in the 1990's in their times of woe.

I completely agree that the deliberate and considered targeting of unpaid volunteer fans is a discourteous and disrespectful tactic and it is to the power of everyone involved that we are working together.

All offline donations are only seen by the Trust and are used under its constitution for the benefit of fans.

The more fans that see that Crowdfunding online the stronger it gets and you can read there donations from:

Burnley
Nottingham Forest
Oldham
Manchester United
Manchester City
Blackburn
Norwich City
Brighton and Hove Albion
Plymouth Argyle
Exeter City
Charlton Athletic

And many, many more!

I have said this on the forum before…

Free money is available from the Easy Fundraising App.. it’s so easy to use, say I want a kettle from Argos, open the app not google & search Argos. click on the link and shop as normal & the Trust gets a % of what you spend..

I use it all the time & it needs some better marketing for people to sign up & use it…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 10:28 - Feb 4 with 3465 viewsfinberty

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 08:55 - Feb 4 by blackdogblue

I have said this on the forum before…

Free money is available from the Easy Fundraising App.. it’s so easy to use, say I want a kettle from Argos, open the app not google & search Argos. click on the link and shop as normal & the Trust gets a % of what you spend..

I use it all the time & it needs some better marketing for people to sign up & use it…

I don't think we should neglect to confirm at least one donation from supporters of Bury FC. Personally I think a gesture like that speaks volumes.
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 3005 viewsRAFCBLUE

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 10:28 - Feb 4 by finberty

I don't think we should neglect to confirm at least one donation from supporters of Bury FC. Personally I think a gesture like that speaks volumes.

Agreed.

Another day of donations from lots of fans from lots of clubs.

Bury FC, Derby County, Huddersfield Town. The list grows and grows.

£20k in a week and all for a great cause!

Login to get fewer ads

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 2882 viewsjudd

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 20:40 - Feb 4 by RAFCBLUE

Agreed.

Another day of donations from lots of fans from lots of clubs.

Bury FC, Derby County, Huddersfield Town. The list grows and grows.

£20k in a week and all for a great cause!

Deeplishblue and his Dale mad lads emptied the penny jar tonight and it contained £16.50. DB told me there was cash in there from his dear departed mother over 2 years ago.

Donation greatly received and just goes to show what you might have in the penny jar that won't be missed when donated.

Poll: What is it to be then?

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 08:40 - Feb 11 with 2298 viewsRAFCBLUE

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 22:09 - Feb 4 by judd

Deeplishblue and his Dale mad lads emptied the penny jar tonight and it contained £16.50. DB told me there was cash in there from his dear departed mother over 2 years ago.

Donation greatly received and just goes to show what you might have in the penny jar that won't be missed when donated.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/keep-rochdale-afc-fan-owned/

Crowdfund stands at £21,241 this morning in online donations plus sizeable offline donations into the Trust. Great progress being made two weeks in.

Kudos to Charlton's Supporters Trust this week and their fans who have banged the drum and contributed a lot of money.

https://www.castrust.org/2022/02/support-rochdale-fc-in-their-battle-with-southa

As many Charlton fans will remember all too well, in May 2020, Matthew Southall threatened to sue the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust for defamation:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/05/the-day-that-southall-threatened-to-sue-us/

At that time, we were all learning more by the day about the way Charlton had been run by East Street Investments, in its first iteration, and in particular about Southall’s time at the club. There were the Range Rovers and corresponding ‘chairman’ spot in the car park; the £12,500 per month flat on the Thames; the consultants and their fees; the interior design invoices. We all feared that Charlton would run out of money to pay its creditors, and would sink into insolvency. Mercifully, after a series of events indelibly seared into the memories of Charlton fans, the club was saved.

When Charlton Athletic was preyed upon we were vulnerable.

And that’s where Southall comes in — openly, at least. Andrew Curran, a consultant for Morton House, released a statement in mid-August 2021, claiming that he had paid in excess of £1 million for the shares, due diligence and legal costs. On 17 September 2021 - a year to the day since Charlton’s own legal dispute had reached the Court of Appeal - Charlton fan and Sky Sports reporter Ben Ransom reported that Southall had agreed to buy a 25% stake in Rochdale from Morton House. It later became clear that Curran and Southall had been working together for some months.

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 15:40 - Feb 11 with 1797 viewssamueloneils

Does anyone have any contacts with Craig Dawson or family? He must have a soft spot for the team that gave him his first break, and being a local lad. If he had a whip round in the dressing room at WHU they could probably make up the balance out of their pocket money.

He has had a great career.
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 16:48 - Feb 11 with 1666 viewsfinberty

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 15:40 - Feb 11 by samueloneils

Does anyone have any contacts with Craig Dawson or family? He must have a soft spot for the team that gave him his first break, and being a local lad. If he had a whip round in the dressing room at WHU they could probably make up the balance out of their pocket money.

Good suggestion, although word has it that one of his team-mates is facing a feline-based cashflow shortage this fortnight.
CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 1581 viewsDorkingDale

CROWDFUNDER: Mystery Donor(s) make sizable offiline donation(s) to the Trust on 15:40 - Feb 11 by samueloneils

His parents are still local - a friend of mine is his Mum's hairdresser. Could ask her to have a word over the wash basin!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024