Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Autograph Hunters 19:29 - Aug 13 with 3200 viewsmikehunt

I noticed some kids (in the Sandy) holding out their programs and pens, expectantly, at the players at the end of the game. I understand that the players wouldn’t have wanted to come too close to the supporters after a result like today’s, but these kids looked really disappointed.
Is there, or could there be, a “safe” area for autograph hunters?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Autograph Hunters on 23:42 - Aug 13 with 2903 viewsYorkshire_Dale

These kids are the future.....it's not much to ask that the players pay THEM a tiny bit of attention,surely?
Autograph Hunters on 00:05 - Aug 14 with 2856 views442Dale

Have seen subs sign autographs in the corner in the past. Think it’s a bit much to expect players to come over and sign after the game though and it’s something that’s not happened before either.

Players will sign on the way into the ground, there’s always a few people out there a couple of hours before kick off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Autograph Hunters on 07:20 - Aug 14 with 2713 viewsDaleiLama

Autograph Hunters on 00:05 - Aug 14 by 442Dale

Have seen subs sign autographs in the corner in the past. Think it’s a bit much to expect players to come over and sign after the game though and it’s something that’s not happened before either.

Players will sign on the way into the ground, there’s always a few people out there a couple of hours before kick off.

They do indeed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1558433185003757568

They also sign in the main stand after warm ups and occasionally after the match.

Could the Trust have a drop and collect option for getting stuff signed by players by stapling a raffle ticket to the item for i.d. purposes? For Trust members, which might boost membership?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Autograph Hunters on 07:38 - Aug 14 with 2679 viewsDalenet

Can you imagine the grief they would have got had they approached the Sandy at the end of the game. The team looked deflated and as the gaffer said - they were down. Expecting them to sign autographs at the end of a game like that played in that heat is unrealistic.

There are plenty of opportunities to sign autograph books. If anything the players should target the family stand before the game starts
Autograph Hunters on 09:18 - Aug 15 with 2230 viewsmikehunt

Before the game starts is a good shout: during the warm up etc.
Young ‘uns take note and wave your pens then.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Autograph Hunters on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 2200 viewsHullDale

At the forum the board confirmed an open training session at the end of August... by all accounts it was a great success last year, & would be an ideal opportunity to get some autographs.
Autograph Hunters on 12:33 - Aug 15 with 2071 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Oh reflection after reading all of this thread, I think that players could and should give autographs before the game and at half time for any subs who are on the pitch. After the game , especially after a loss in the 90th minute is not really a good time. After a win then fair enough, after all athletes sign autographs after racing, though that tends to be the winners.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Autograph Hunters on 14:09 - Aug 15 with 1959 viewsChaffRAFC

Autograph Hunters on 07:20 - Aug 14 by DaleiLama

They do indeed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1558433185003757568

They also sign in the main stand after warm ups and occasionally after the match.

Could the Trust have a drop and collect option for getting stuff signed by players by stapling a raffle ticket to the item for i.d. purposes? For Trust members, which might boost membership?

Was gonna say, if you get there early enough, the players are always more than happy to have pictures and sign autographs. My lad, who I've only just realised is on that video, must have had his picture with about 8 or 9 players on Saturday, all of whom were more than happy to oblige, were friendly and even had a chat with him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024