Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Question for Steve Eyre 07:00 - Oct 30 with 1254 viewsD_Alien

If and when you come to the realisation, as many of us have, that football management in the lower reaches of the football league isn't for you, will you do the decent thing and resign?

Or, will you stick it out and force the hand of our fantastic chairman Chris Dunphy, the man who gave you the opportunity which is now unfortunately proving to be beyond you?

If you resign, you'll leave with the best wishes of all of us for your future career in coaching, and I don't think at this particular moment that any of us wish you any ill will whatsoever. We recognise you to be an enthusiastic and very well-meaning guy, and wanted desperately for you to take up the reigns and move the Dale forwards. But surely you can see that we're now heading for disaster with support and funds haemorrhaging away by the week?

By forcing the chairman's hand and requiring your contract to be fully paid up (and probably that of your assistant too), you risk putting such a severe financial strain on the club that we may never recover. Is that what you'd like your legacy at Dale to be? Maybe your legacy in football? The man who finally did for us? And after we'd given you the chance to prove yourself?

We all realise its a tough world out there! Look around you at the families and neighbourhoods that are struggling to keep their heads above water. Some of those people pay a significant proportion of their diminishing incomes to follow the Dale, in the hope of having their sporting dreams fulfilled as an escape from the everyday grind of their lives. They'll never earn in their lifetimes as much as you'd be paid in compensation should you be dismissed!

My opening question left just a very small amount of room for doubt; that is, if you really and truly believe that you have it in you to turn things round, I hope you're banging on the chairman's door to explain how and why you think you can do this. Please don't wait for him to come banging on yours

Best wishes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024