Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. 23:32 - Jul 11 with 896 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Away from Radcliffe, I've been amazed at the response of the majority of fans on phone-ins and forums who have slated Brendan Rodgers for apparently wanting to get rid of Andy Carroll because he doesn't fit into his vision of how he wants Liverpool to play.

All arguments that are put forward that Rodgers is wrong focus around two fixations we have in this country around centre forwards, namely, they have to be big and have the ability to hold the ball up. A team has to, just has to, contain a big lad who can hold the ball up.

It's been apparent at Swansea that Rodgers doesn't want to play with a big centre forward as the focus of play. His teams don't need a player to simply hold the ball up. Instead, his focus is on short-passing with interchangeable positioning. Forwards almost play like midfielders and vice-versa. The ball isn't hit long so there isn't the emphasis on someone having to hold the ball up whilst others get up in support. The emphasis is on movement and being able to pass the ball quickly - teams move forward in a unit etc. Carroll would hinder this style of play because it would bring it to a halt - he doesn't have the movement or technique to keep the ball moving at the pace required.

To sum it up, possession versus direct football.

Brendan Rodgers' commitment to actually following a vision of possession football should be championed. Players like Andy Carroll need to adapt to changes in the game not club and country adapting to him.

Meanwhile, Big Sam is pulling his pud that big Andy is available.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 23:54 - Jul 11 with 860 viewsrich_dale

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be delighted at the prospect of adopting Swansea's brand of football. Shipping out Carroll is just a natural part of that development.
Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 08:30 - Jul 12 with 770 viewsjudd

Andy Carroll should either get his hair cut or swap his forename/surname around.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 18:37 - Jul 12 with 628 viewspioneer

Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 08:30 - Jul 12 by judd

Andy Carroll should either get his hair cut or swap his forename/surname around.

Agreed, and if Carroll wants to play 21st Centurey football he needs to adapt this game in the way big men like Ibrahimovic have. I dont think rogers would turn his nose up at the prpospect of him playing at Anfield.
Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 19:00 - Jul 12 with 604 viewsolympicdale

Andy Carroll - Just a bit too English. on 18:37 - Jul 12 by pioneer

Agreed, and if Carroll wants to play 21st Centurey football he needs to adapt this game in the way big men like Ibrahimovic have. I dont think rogers would turn his nose up at the prpospect of him playing at Anfield.

he'd have to pick himself off his arse first.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024