Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apology 10:40 - Jul 25 with 1148 viewsBigKindo

My Hotmail address book was compromised sometime this morning. If you have received an email from me please delete.
Apology on 10:41 - Jul 25 with 1142 viewsjudd

I thought it most unusual, especially given the time it was sent.

Thanks.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Apology on 11:52 - Jul 25 with 1075 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 10:41 - Jul 25 by judd

I thought it most unusual, especially given the time it was sent.

Thanks.

Like you get up for a pee at 3-00am. and think 'I'll just fire off a few hundred emails.'
Apology on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 1009 viewsjudd

What do you mean by "get up"?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Apology on 14:21 - Jul 25 with 1005 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 14:19 - Jul 25 by judd

What do you mean by "get up"?

I awake from my slumbers and drunkenly lurch across the landing to the lavatory. I know, too much information.
Apology on 15:17 - Jul 25 with 974 viewsD_Alien

Apology on 14:21 - Jul 25 by BigKindo

I awake from my slumbers and drunkenly lurch across the landing to the lavatory. I know, too much information.

Not enough, actually.

Is it the dream about firing things off that wakes you up?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Apology on 15:46 - Jul 25 with 942 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 15:17 - Jul 25 by D_Alien

Not enough, actually.

Is it the dream about firing things off that wakes you up?

Like a few hundred duff emails?
Apology on 16:11 - Jul 25 with 916 viewsD_Alien

Apology on 15:46 - Jul 25 by BigKindo

Like a few hundred duff emails?

As in "up the duff" ?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Apology on 16:30 - Jul 25 with 895 viewsisitme

On a more serious note this is the second time that you have been infected by a worm in the past few months. Do you have children who use your computer? As someone who uses your computer is doing something that is causing these worms to infect your computer.
Login to get fewer ads

Apology on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 872 viewsBrierls

Get Spybot S&D (that's Search & Destroy, not the other!) installed, ensure you've got the latest defs, run a full scan, then use the immunize function. Make sure you update regularly, and re-immunize each time an update is applied.

Simples. And free.
Apology on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 868 viewsisitme

Apology on 16:56 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Get Spybot S&D (that's Search & Destroy, not the other!) installed, ensure you've got the latest defs, run a full scan, then use the immunize function. Make sure you update regularly, and re-immunize each time an update is applied.

Simples. And free.

I concur, as I use it myself.
Apology on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 830 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 16:30 - Jul 25 by isitme

On a more serious note this is the second time that you have been infected by a worm in the past few months. Do you have children who use your computer? As someone who uses your computer is doing something that is causing these worms to infect your computer.

No my children do not have worms. Do yours?
Apology on 17:30 - Jul 25 with 820 viewsisitme

Apology on 17:24 - Jul 25 by BigKindo

No my children do not have worms. Do yours?

I never said that they do, but your computer does. Often they are contained in pop ups or files on peer to peer websites. Quite often on family computers children will infect them due to negligence and a lack of awareness of the risks posed online.

Anyway Briel's advice is good and I would also make sure that your anti virus is up to date as well (apologies if this is teaching granny to suck eggs). That should help to reduce the chances of it happening again.
Apology on 17:38 - Jul 25 with 815 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 17:30 - Jul 25 by isitme

I never said that they do, but your computer does. Often they are contained in pop ups or files on peer to peer websites. Quite often on family computers children will infect them due to negligence and a lack of awareness of the risks posed online.

Anyway Briel's advice is good and I would also make sure that your anti virus is up to date as well (apologies if this is teaching granny to suck eggs). That should help to reduce the chances of it happening again.

My children are all grown up and away. I spend a lot of time in the USA where you are bombarded with junk all of which I do not open junk and block. On a recent visit I suspect that my email address has been sold on. I felt it courteous to advise that there was a problem, a gesture that has to my knowledge been never been forthcoming from others who have infected my computer. Perhaps the answer is if it happens again I will not post to apologise and advise.
Apology on 09:03 - Jul 26 with 716 viewsBigKindo

Apology on 16:56 - Jul 25 by Brierls

Simples. And free.

Thanks for the info. However there do seem to be problems running Spybot S & D with some other systems i.e. MaAfee, Kaspersky and Norton, and it can slow down IE8. Any advice.
Apology on 09:27 - Jul 26 with 700 viewsRalphs12

Apology on 09:03 - Jul 26 by BigKindo

Thanks for the info. However there do seem to be problems running Spybot S & D with some other systems i.e. MaAfee, Kaspersky and Norton, and it can slow down IE8. Any advice.

The IE8 thing, try something like google chrome. Much better in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024