Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) 18:52 - Aug 29 with 2019 viewsNinco

Went past Edinburgh Way about 5:30pm and it looked like there was a really bad accident there at the Tesco end. It was closed off by police with heavy traffic on Manchester Road also being directed by police. Several ambulances and fire engines there. Could only see from the end of the road, and couldn't see how many cars involved but there was a van with it's door hanging off. Looked a mess. I expect a lot of the Barnsley fans were delayed getting home.
Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 19:39 - Aug 29 with 1840 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Looked like 5 cars were involved the van looked to have a tyre missing also. Looked very bad. I was stuck in traffic looking right into the crash scene and it looked like a car had been hit into the other lane and effected traffic coming the other way but I could be wrong.
Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 19:49 - Aug 29 with 1788 viewsNinco

Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 19:39 - Aug 29 by PaulHeymanGuy

Looked like 5 cars were involved the van looked to have a tyre missing also. Looked very bad. I was stuck in traffic looking right into the crash scene and it looked like a car had been hit into the other lane and effected traffic coming the other way but I could be wrong.

Not sure if it's changed down there as I haven't been that way for years, but you used to be able to come straight off the motorway and drift on to Edinburgh Way. If you had been on the motorway for a while, when you got off there, you were travelling a lot faster than you thought you were and there was many a time that I thought I had slowed to 40 and was still doing well over 50. I always thought it needed a roundabout or traffic lights to stop the motorway traffic before it went on to Edinburgh Way so that the cars had to build up speed from zero rather than drop it from 70 .
Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 20:34 - Aug 29 with 1615 viewsD_Alien

Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 19:49 - Aug 29 by Ninco

Not sure if it's changed down there as I haven't been that way for years, but you used to be able to come straight off the motorway and drift on to Edinburgh Way. If you had been on the motorway for a while, when you got off there, you were travelling a lot faster than you thought you were and there was many a time that I thought I had slowed to 40 and was still doing well over 50. I always thought it needed a roundabout or traffic lights to stop the motorway traffic before it went on to Edinburgh Way so that the cars had to build up speed from zero rather than drop it from 70 .

Know what you mean about the false sense of speed (or lack of it), but the way the sliproad off the A627(M) onto Edinburgh Way is designed, you have to reduce your speed to about 35-40 to negotiate it safely. Trouble is, if the dual carriageway is clear, motorists sometimes speed up again and can easily reach 50mph thinking you're doing less.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 21:41 - Aug 29 with 1477 views1mark1

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/97748/five-vehicl

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 21:50 - Aug 29 with 1430 viewsNinco

Edinburgh Way (Off Topic) on 21:41 - Aug 29 by 1mark1

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/97748/five-vehicl

Typical Rochdale Online getting there after it's all over and taking photos of an empty road. I got some photos just after it happened and would have gladly let Rochdale Online use them if they hadn't banned me from their forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024