Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Hill 18:37 - Oct 8 with 4001 viewsdalenumber2

In spite of injuries to who we consider key players Hilly has managed to well and truly get the 'no fear' factor back! It was a great performance from the team today - many of whom may not have been first choice a few weeks ago, but the spirit and teamwork on display made me so proud to be a Dale fan. I think the fact that we have a strong squad could put us ahead of the likes of Bury in the long run who rely on one or two players to pick up the results. Well done Keith Hill who has built a strong squad that will compete in this league. Who knows where we will be at the end of the season but at the moment the future looks rosy and we should feel confident going forward!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2016 18:58]
Well done Hill on 18:44 - Oct 8 with 3948 viewsDale23years

Reading bury's Keith twitter he sort of moaning about injuries and how you can't get loans players in and about throwing kids in,agree with Keith Hill when says you will see how good coaches are now they can't use the loan system.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Well done Hill on 18:47 - Oct 8 with 3918 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Big high 5 to Hilly indeed.

Looking at League1 today,Dale are the big winners......massive well done!
Well done Hill on 07:52 - Oct 9 with 3500 viewsColDale

You could argue that a starting line up of players who didn't start is stronger than that which did start.
Logan
Vincenti McGahey mcnulty tanser
mcDermott Allen Lund MendezLaing odelusi
hendo

Fantastic to be picking up all these wins despite having so many injuries.
Well done Hill on 09:28 - Oct 9 with 3326 viewsPotterDale

Well done Hill on 07:52 - Oct 9 by ColDale

You could argue that a starting line up of players who didn't start is stronger than that which did start.
Logan
hendo

I realise you are not saying that those are stronger players to a man. I also realise that you are not saying that you think that they are in fact better, but I would disagree with a few there.

On current form:-

McGahey and McNulty would not displace Canavan and Keane. McNulty does have a role to play in the squad, but I wouldn't even say that McGahey has been a stronger player from any of his displays this season.

Vincenti is clearly a player we need in the team if he's fit but I think to put him in at RB is not being fair to Rafferty who is more suited to the position.

That said Bunney has thrived at LB, so I would argue that he is a better option than Tanser at the moment. How long that continues remains to be seen.

McDermott and NML are stronger players whilst on the pitch, but we know that they aren't 90 minute players. So I don't know which I'd prefer to start, its a toss up and I went for NML.

Odelusi may well be unlucky to not get in the starting line up, and could possibly be worthy of a place but there is not enough to go on from matchdays.

I have left Allen out of my line up, but I would rotate him and Camps in a fully fit squad.

We've looked stronger playing a traditional 2 up front so Davies and Andrew fill those positions effectively at the moment and I am happy to see that continue.

I am probably one of the only people to think that Logan doesn't bring a significant amount more to the team than Lillis to warrant displacing him. Logans value is to keep Lillis on form, the same happened with Pereira last season. Its a very expensive tactic I know but we know that if Lillis gets injured or loses form then an effective replacement is on hand. It has been sometime since we had that luxury.

It does show that we have a lot of back up in midfield when Cannon, Rathbone and Morley (hopefully) can come into this team without a word of dissent from the stands.

So my line up reads:

Lillis
Rafferty Canavan Keane Bunney
Vincenti Lund Camps NML
Andrew Davies

Subs: Logan McNulty McDermott Allen Odelusi Henderson Cannon
Well done Hill on 09:35 - Oct 9 with 3303 viewsD_Alien

Well done Hill on 07:52 - Oct 9 by ColDale

Logan
hendo

It is fantastic, but it's also a fair question to ask if we'd have picked up these wins without the injuries and enforced changes.

The answer might still be 'yes' but we're playing with a simplicity and lack of fear that's replaced an overblown ball-retention style.

The most notable changes have been:

Hendo removed from cluttering up the midfield

Bunney a revelation at what was a problematic left-back berth

Keane in central defence

Those three adjustments - not all of them down to injury - have resulted in a much more solid platform which our forwards are able to take advantage of

When the players who're out injured return to fitness, how many people would want to see our current game plan potentially disrupted, or exciting youngsters sidelined? For sure, some will need to be rested and we'll need all squad members during the course of a long season, but I'd say the old adage about 'having luck with injuries' has, this time round, been good rather than bad

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done Hill on 09:52 - Oct 9 with 3231 viewsSaxonDale

I criticised Keane for his first half performance against Milwall but it seems at centre back he's been a revelation. We haven't conceded in 315 minutes of Keane playing Centre Back- what was Cavanagh's record? We take it for granted almost but Cambridge fans must be kicking themselves, has Hill ever let a player go which can be seen as a mistake?

Bunney at left back just shows what a good manager Hill is. I remember when he came on at Walsall as left back 2 years ago and many, myself included, thought Hilly had lost the plot. 2 years on and Bunney is fast becoming one of the best crossers of a ball this club has ever seen. How many other managers would be prepared to try a 22 year old striker, built like a needle at left back?
Well done Hill on 11:20 - Oct 9 with 3113 viewsPotterDale

Well done Hill on 09:52 - Oct 9 by SaxonDale

I criticised Keane for his first half performance against Milwall but it seems at centre back he's been a revelation. We haven't conceded in 315 minutes of Keane playing Centre Back- what was Cavanagh's record? We take it for granted almost but Cambridge fans must be kicking themselves, has Hill ever let a player go which can be seen as a mistake?

Bunney at left back just shows what a good manager Hill is. I remember when he came on at Walsall as left back 2 years ago and many, myself included, thought Hilly had lost the plot. 2 years on and Bunney is fast becoming one of the best crossers of a ball this club has ever seen. How many other managers would be prepared to try a 22 year old striker, built like a needle at left back?

If Bunney can accept that he is not the striker he would like to be, and is happy to play in a role he seems more suited then he could raise his profile immensely.
Well done Hill on 14:09 - Oct 9 with 2906 viewsdalenumber2

Well done Hill on 11:20 - Oct 9 by PotterDale

If Bunney can accept that he is not the striker he would like to be, and is happy to play in a role he seems more suited then he could raise his profile immensely.

How do you know that Bunney wants to be a striker? I should think he is very happy with his recent performances at left back and his fantastic contribution to winning our last 6 games. He looks like a completely different player to me, much more confident and self-assured.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Hill on 14:36 - Oct 9 with 2858 viewsPotterDale

Well done Hill on 14:09 - Oct 9 by dalenumber2

How do you know that Bunney wants to be a striker? I should think he is very happy with his recent performances at left back and his fantastic contribution to winning our last 6 games. He looks like a completely different player to me, much more confident and self-assured.

"Is he selfish?"
"He likes to score, yes"

I know this was 4 years ago, but if he's matured enough now to accept this change in position then there could be some very good times for him and the club. And I agree he is a totally different player recently, and long may he continue.
Well done Hill on 17:57 - Oct 9 with 2623 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Well done Hill on 11:20 - Oct 9 by PotterDale

I know we love to hate him, but playing the Dean Lewington role has served Dean Lewington very well.

JB could do this for the next 10 years at Dale (Providing MK don't make a bit for him)

That might convince Joe to play at LB.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024