Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... 19:54 - Feb 23 with 5849 viewsRAFCBLUE

In all competitions our record is:

Played 10 ; Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 8.
Conceded - 29 (TWENTY-NINE)
Scored - 11

We had a transfer window that saw, in permanent terms 5 players lost, signed 1.

12 games left; 4 of which are against the current top 5. Luton (a) next.

Lose those 4 and it becomes 16 points from 8 games and the worst goal difference in the League.

Bookies have us second favourites to be relegated (after AFC Wimbledon)

So, Kilpatrick and Bottomley - over to you.

I posted a thread about "Unity" on New Year's Day.

It's abundantly clear there is currently none.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:59]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Since Chris Dunphy on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 4326 viewsCleedale

I still wonder whether the 'change' up top was enforced to bring about changes we are about to witness/are witnessing...that the Dale product cycle has once again come full circle...that 'survivability' in League 1 is continually an uphill battle (regardless of who the manager is).

When was the last big sale or add-on received - Hogan? Others, like Lambert and Holt...already well retired.

Hard facts, regardless...and the fact we've plugged gaps with also-rans on not quite so also-rans money.

4 go down. Fact; every year in L1. If it isn't this year it'll probably be next but we'll be in deeper finance trouble trying to survive 'again' in L1 without massive sales to buoy our poor gates.

Regrouping in L2 might not be such torture. Get rid of the deadwood and start again.
Since Chris Dunphy on 20:20 - Feb 23 with 4287 viewsjudd

Since Chris Dunphy on 20:17 - Feb 23 by Cleedale

I still wonder whether the 'change' up top was enforced to bring about changes we are about to witness/are witnessing...that the Dale product cycle has once again come full circle...that 'survivability' in League 1 is continually an uphill battle (regardless of who the manager is).

When was the last big sale or add-on received - Hogan? Others, like Lambert and Holt...already well retired.

Hard facts, regardless...and the fact we've plugged gaps with also-rans on not quite so also-rans money.

4 go down. Fact; every year in L1. If it isn't this year it'll probably be next but we'll be in deeper finance trouble trying to survive 'again' in L1 without massive sales to buoy our poor gates.

Regrouping in L2 might not be such torture. Get rid of the deadwood and start again.

Fair comment, but who do you class as dead wood?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Since Chris Dunphy on 20:50 - Feb 23 with 4183 viewsCleedale

Since Chris Dunphy on 20:20 - Feb 23 by judd

Fair comment, but who do you class as dead wood?

Hi Judd,

Personally I think we've had a very consistent team of deadwood for some time. Without Hendo...guess we really would be nailed to the floor of the division. Also, some (many) of the children's footie errors throughout this season are not in any way excusable. The number of freekicks that never hit the target, the number of one-on-ones that are fluffed is inexcusable torture for even the most placid Dale fan. I won't even start with defending - we've been found out and all opposition have to do is get the ball across the box.

Afterall, we have people earning many more times than your average Dale supporter. As pros. they should not be making basic errors time after time after time. These days it seems players are excusable as their agents will find them summats else that pays more at a bigger club once the dummy is spat out. OK, I personally think we have some great (very young) youngsters coming through...but the gap is evident...at the moment. We needed knuckling-down older pros to get us out of this very messy season but no one's been able to come to the fore, get a grip and instil pride, passion and a winning mentality. That, unfortunately, seems to have evaporated.

For me, 2 pivotal moments highlighted last season...Davies' equaliser agin Spurs and Joey T's winner agin Charlton. Obviously a fully-fit Davies wouldn't have been at Dale...he'd have been elsewhere...but how a player of his ability (being fit) might have made a difference this season for us.

In reply to your initial question...there's some hard and perhaps easy decisions to be made. Carrying on with the current format just aint working.
Since Chris Dunphy on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 4127 viewsjudd

Since Chris Dunphy on 20:50 - Feb 23 by Cleedale

Hi Judd,

Personally I think we've had a very consistent team of deadwood for some time. Without Hendo...guess we really would be nailed to the floor of the division. Also, some (many) of the children's footie errors throughout this season are not in any way excusable. The number of freekicks that never hit the target, the number of one-on-ones that are fluffed is inexcusable torture for even the most placid Dale fan. I won't even start with defending - we've been found out and all opposition have to do is get the ball across the box.

Afterall, we have people earning many more times than your average Dale supporter. As pros. they should not be making basic errors time after time after time. These days it seems players are excusable as their agents will find them summats else that pays more at a bigger club once the dummy is spat out. OK, I personally think we have some great (very young) youngsters coming through...but the gap is evident...at the moment. We needed knuckling-down older pros to get us out of this very messy season but no one's been able to come to the fore, get a grip and instil pride, passion and a winning mentality. That, unfortunately, seems to have evaporated.

For me, 2 pivotal moments highlighted last season...Davies' equaliser agin Spurs and Joey T's winner agin Charlton. Obviously a fully-fit Davies wouldn't have been at Dale...he'd have been elsewhere...but how a player of his ability (being fit) might have made a difference this season for us.

In reply to your initial question...there's some hard and perhaps easy decisions to be made. Carrying on with the current format just aint working.

Superbly thought out response.

Thank you.

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 21:53 - Feb 23 with 3975 views442Dale

When is the next meeting between the Trust and the board? They are monthly now apparently, so as it’s been nearly six weeks since the forum, when will members/fans be asked for questions to put to directors?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:02 - Feb 23 with 3918 viewsSuddenLad

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 21:53 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

When is the next meeting between the Trust and the board? They are monthly now apparently, so as it’s been nearly six weeks since the forum, when will members/fans be asked for questions to put to directors?

Is there a distinction between the two ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:04 - Feb 23 with 3905 viewsDaleiLama

Answers are published weekly to any questions that ever need to be answered in diary format. Any other issues are part of a busy week in which mystifying events occur and everyone is busy. Problems are just opportunities. Anyway, there are more questions than answers.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:41 - Feb 23 with 3790 viewsTomRAFC

My issue with all of this is that post-Dunphy it seems like Bottomley has run the show. At no point has there been any indication that he was interviewed and earned the role based on merit. He has no experience running a football club, but was put in place by a very distant chairman.

Take a while to look at our CEO and his current/past conduct and it's very concerning, even if there has been "improved communication".

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:45 - Feb 23 with 3767 viewsSuddenLad

Ask James Mason about his experiences.............remember hm ? The best CEO we could have possibly hoped to have. Every Bradford fan said how lucky we were to get him. Presumably, the heirarchy here thought otherwise. Wasted no time in getting shut of him, in favour of Action Man.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:48 - Feb 23 with 3750 viewsjudd

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:41 - Feb 23 by TomRAFC

My issue with all of this is that post-Dunphy it seems like Bottomley has run the show. At no point has there been any indication that he was interviewed and earned the role based on merit. He has no experience running a football club, but was put in place by a very distant chairman.

Take a while to look at our CEO and his current/past conduct and it's very concerning, even if there has been "improved communication".

Valid observations. Except the influence may have been more prominent well in advance of Dunphy jacking.

But I'm sure our erudite shareholders will carry out any due diligence in order to appease any apparent concerns so that due process in the best interests of the CLUB were served with this appointment

I'm sure of it.

🙈🙉🙊🕵️‍♂️

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:24 - Feb 23 with 3654 viewsmacro

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 22:41 - Feb 23 by TomRAFC

Judging my the recent diary it’s a case of support through thick and thin - reading in between the lines that’s with Hill at the helm.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:25 - Feb 23 with 3642 viewsjudd

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:24 - Feb 23 by macro

Judging my the recent diary it’s a case of support through thick and thin - reading in between the lines that’s with Hill at the helm.

Or maybe we're judged as thick...?

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:38 - Feb 23 with 3625 viewsSandyman

On matters of the efficacy of the manager and the CEO, Dale Trust can't really take a representative stand as there will be members who support / oppose one or both. Makes it damn difficult for them. They can ask questions, but knowing how at least one person in that meeting will react to constructive criticism, it's not going to be easy.
I'd stick by the Trust board before the manager and CEO. We know the Trust board is acting in our interests, not the individual interests of people taking decent wages out of RAFC.
Best of luck lads / ladies.

Dunphy IN
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 00:08 - Feb 24 with 3558 viewsTomRAFC

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:38 - Feb 23 by Sandyman

On matters of the efficacy of the manager and the CEO, Dale Trust can't really take a representative stand as there will be members who support / oppose one or both. Makes it damn difficult for them. They can ask questions, but knowing how at least one person in that meeting will react to constructive criticism, it's not going to be easy.
I'd stick by the Trust board before the manager and CEO. We know the Trust board is acting in our interests, not the individual interests of people taking decent wages out of RAFC.

Dunphy IN

I agree with this almost entirely. The role of a trust board member must be incredibly complicated at the moment, however they are free to comment on threads as individuals and haven't been reticent to express their personal opinions on such matters (including on trust related threads). Well done them for continuing to be tolerant of the tightrope they surely have to walk.

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 00:11 - Feb 24 with 3541 viewsjudd

Band name and song title of infinite aptness...

Since Chris Dunphy on 00:14 - Feb 24 with 3537 viewsTomRAFC

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 00:11 - Feb 24 by judd

Band name and song title of infinite aptness...

Since Chris Dunphy on 00:37 - Feb 24 with 3507 viewsSandyman

Since Chris Dunphy on 00:14 - Feb 24 by TomRAFC

"The ball,
It flew,
On to Mons Avenue"
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 00:47 - Feb 24 with 3490 viewsSandyman

Old hippie says,
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 05:21 - Feb 24 with 3379 viewsDiddyDave

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 23:38 - Feb 23 by Sandyman

Dunphy IN

I can`t believe that the two people who`ve overseen (Chris Dunphy) and managed (Keith Hill) the club`s most successful era are primarily the ones who`ve got us into this mess. Dunphy for being sucked in allowing KH a five year contract with all the add ons,and KH for his Mourinhoesque management,thinking he`s the chosen and only one who can manage Rochdale AFC. Somehow,once KH got his five year deal,he took on the mantle of thinking he was managing a top club,but in the immortal words of Al Capone,his hat got away from his head. So Dale are now in a catastrophic Catch 22,can`t afford to sack Hill,can`t afford not to. What a bloody shambles.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 07:44 - Feb 24 with 3281 viewsnordenblue

Having posted my massive concerns weeks ago, along with a few others we got shot down with the usual,"a change isnt always a bad thing" type bollox, and "you dont know the full story", "those who think theyre in the know" etc etc.

Massive things went on clearly brhind the scenes and we are seeing the full effects right through the club and onto the pitch, and here we are
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 09:10 - Feb 24 with 3152 viewsNinco

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 07:44 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

Having posted my massive concerns weeks ago, along with a few others we got shot down with the usual,"a change isnt always a bad thing" type bollox, and "you dont know the full story", "those who think theyre in the know" etc etc.

Massive things went on clearly brhind the scenes and we are seeing the full effects right through the club and onto the pitch, and here we are

Change only works if the person you are changing from and to are of the same calibre. I personally don't believe the current board are as good as the previous one.
Since Chris Dunphy on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 2997 viewssuc

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 05:21 - Feb 24 by DiddyDave

I can`t believe that the two people who`ve overseen (Chris Dunphy) and managed (Keith Hill) the club`s most successful era are primarily the ones who`ve got us into this mess. Dunphy for being sucked in allowing KH a five year contract with all the add ons,and KH for his Mourinhoesque management,thinking he`s the chosen and only one who can manage Rochdale AFC. Somehow,once KH got his five year deal,he took on the mantle of thinking he was managing a top club,but in the immortal words of Al Capone,his hat got away from his head. So Dale are now in a catastrophic Catch 22,can`t afford to sack Hill,can`t afford not to. What a bloody shambles.

That’s not right, I am told the five year contract was for PR and it is a twelve months rolling contract, which is common to most football clubs. They just need to pay 12 months wages to get rid, and could even pay him weekly, it would be just like having a player on the books that never plays and we have got loads of them! But sure as hell, KH will not walk away from the club and give up his wages.
Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 2954 viewselectricblue

So Hill gets a 12mths pay off are we lead to believe thhat there are decent managers out there willing to come to a club with Dales financial structure....

Plus does anybody think the board may be approaching a replacement while Hill is in charge still!...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 2912 viewsboromat

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 10:18 - Feb 24 by electricblue

So Hill gets a 12mths pay off are we lead to believe thhat there are decent managers out there willing to come to a club with Dales financial structure....

Plus does anybody think the board may be approaching a replacement while Hill is in charge still!...

If we got relegated I'm of the opinion Hill should get the opportunity to have a season in League 2 to get us back up. I'm not sure who else is better placed to achieve that feat. I'm pretty sure this is how it would happen if it did. Hill has mentioned many times that the club plan for relegation.

I'm also of the thought that after the last two seasons a relegation might be a good thing. Hopefully we could use a much younger team bringing through the youth players and have some much more positive results.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 2768 viewsShun

Since Chris Dunphy "stepped down"..... on 10:30 - Feb 24 by boromat

If we got relegated I'm of the opinion Hill should get the opportunity to have a season in League 2 to get us back up. I'm not sure who else is better placed to achieve that feat. I'm pretty sure this is how it would happen if it did. Hill has mentioned many times that the club plan for relegation.

I'm also of the thought that after the last two seasons a relegation might be a good thing. Hopefully we could use a much younger team bringing through the youth players and have some much more positive results.

Pretty much my thoughts, boromat.

I’m just mindful of a number of posters alluding to massive things that have occurred behind the scenes. I’ve had a few people tell me a few different things that all seem to point to the club not being a happy place right now. With that in mind I do wonder why so many people are focusing on Hill losing his job rather than any other more pernicious elements higher up at the club losing theirs.

Obviously Hill isn’t doing a great job, but if I had the kind of turmoil above my head that I understand he has then I probably wouldn’t be doing my job as well either. I’d just ask people to really think who the real opposition is here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024