Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices 13:39 - Mar 10 with 3476 viewsBrierls

Dale have released the options for the Away Kit 2023/2024...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/awayshirtvote-2324/

Interesting that Red was one of the popular choices in the survey, I think the 'new (half)breed' of two teamers have had an influence on that.

I'm not a fan of the design for 1-3, but quite like the designs for 4-9. I'm leaning towards Yellow so its 5 or 8 for me, with a preference for 8 as its a nod to the glorious chevrons of the mid 90's.

I know the Yellow (and Blue) looks a bit Leeds, but I'd counter that and say the Orange (and Blue) looks Luton.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 13:42]
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 3436 views442Dale

A strange set of designs but credit for the reinterpretation of the 93/94 home design in the latter three shirts.
It’s also mystifying why the club set up a process that allows fans to get involved by setting up the Kit Panel, not to utilise it for the away shirts as well.

Orange and blue together is a traditional Oldham combination. This could have been offset somewhat by the use of black as the third colour instead of white - as it should have been on all the shirts to reflect that unique colour scheme we have. Something already communicated previously.

The top three shirts have far too much blue in and picky officials will not allow them to be worn against other teams in blue. Would go for either of the other two yellow ones, but they’re let down by the wishy-washy look created by including white instead of black.

One step forward, two steps back. Or, as it’s known over the years, being Rochdale.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 13:59 - Mar 10 with 3386 viewsAtThePeake

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 13:42 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

A strange set of designs but credit for the reinterpretation of the 93/94 home design in the latter three shirts.
It’s also mystifying why the club set up a process that allows fans to get involved by setting up the Kit Panel, not to utilise it for the away shirts as well.

Orange and blue together is a traditional Oldham combination. This could have been offset somewhat by the use of black as the third colour instead of white - as it should have been on all the shirts to reflect that unique colour scheme we have. Something already communicated previously.

The top three shirts have far too much blue in and picky officials will not allow them to be worn against other teams in blue. Would go for either of the other two yellow ones, but they’re let down by the wishy-washy look created by including white instead of black.

One step forward, two steps back. Or, as it’s known over the years, being Rochdale.

Agree re: the orange kits. Far too Oldham-y for me.

I don't have an issue with us wearing red. United are not a rival and that red away kit with the sash the other year was decent. With that in mind I'll go with option 7.

Shame there wasn't an option for a home shirt following the 93/94 design but with black instead of red. Would've been a clear winner I suspect.

Tangled up in blue.

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 14:14 - Mar 10 with 3342 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 13:59 - Mar 10 by AtThePeake

I don't have an issue with us wearing red. United are not a rival and that red away kit with the sash the other year was decent. With that in mind I'll go with option 7.

Shame there wasn't an option for a home shirt following the 93/94 design but with black instead of red. Would've been a clear winner I suspect.

I thought that the red with the sash shirt was dreadful and, in fact, any Rochdale kit that involves red should be avoided at all costs. (even though someone thinks we should wear it because successful teams have done!!!!!)

I don't think it's anything to do with United; it's just not a Dale colour.

It's all personal taste at the end of the day, though, so it is what it is.

I do agree with 442, in that if blue was going to be involved in trims for the away kits, then black should have been as well. That lack of attention to detail is the sort of thing the kit panel was formed for, but it seems they've had no input here.

For me, it's any of the yellow ones.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 14:15 - Mar 10 with 3338 viewsTomRAFC

Never really liked the red away kits, I expected the pink to have been more popular.

Shirt 8 or 9 for me, love that we're seeing some interesting designs. The orange makes me think of a kit we had in the 90s, didn't think of it as an Oldham colour.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 14:31 - Mar 10 with 3288 viewsBrierls

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 13:59 - Mar 10 by AtThePeake

The red shirt with the blue/black sash was rubbish.

I'm a stripes guy, but a home shirt like 93/94 but with black and white chevrons? Holy shitballs. Take. My. Money.
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:10 - Mar 10 with 3200 viewsShun

If we’re basing it on history, orange has never really been a Dale colour either so I’m surprised that’s an option. Historically, the most occurring predominant colours are yellow and green, with the odd pink one thrown in over the last decade or so.

I’m not really a fan of any of these but I did like the home choices so I’m happy.
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:20 - Mar 10 with 3176 viewssxdale

Where to start with this, overall disappointing. Firstly I really don't like orange that superleague/carcraft one was awful, it's too Blackpool for me never mind Luton so that rules out 3,6 and 9.
I really don't like 1 and 2 as for me the use of those stripes make it a look a bit wishy-washy they're just to weak.
Out of the remaining kit's I would choose the yellow over the red ruling out 4 and 7.
Don't mind either of 5 or 8 but prefer the collar on 5 so will have to go for that but for me it's choosing the leat worst option there are there aren't any that I like.
A real wasted opportunity for both the club and O'neills but then again no supplier is going to view us as top priority, depressing.
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:28 - Mar 10 with 3150 views442Dale

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 14:31 - Mar 10 by Brierls

The red shirt with the blue/black sash was rubbish.

I'm a stripes guy, but a home shirt like 93/94 but with black and white chevrons? Holy shitballs. Take. My. Money.

These are the things when supporter input is vital. That’s a cracking idea for a home kit, it’d have sold really well too.

The point earlier up the thread about orange away kits and the one we had in the 90s: this came up at the original panel when going through the original survey where all fans could say what they liked in general colour terms; orange was a popular choice. Personally I’m not sure why, as it was mentioned how unpopular that 94/95 shirt was, especially with white as an additional colour. Getting the trim and shade of orange right was always going to be crucial. Again, a shame that wasn’t run by any interested fans via the Panel process as the home shirts were.

Cannot reiterate it enough, it doesn’t matter who wants to get involved but the opportunity is there for all fans and that alone made the Kit Panel a good starting point. To then not continue it as good practice almost immediately is baffling. But predictable.

Why should supporters do so in the future if it’s a ‘we’ll use the process when it suits’ situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:53 - Mar 10 with 3096 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:10 - Mar 10 by Shun

If we’re basing it on history, orange has never really been a Dale colour either so I’m surprised that’s an option. Historically, the most occurring predominant colours are yellow and green, with the odd pink one thrown in over the last decade or so.

I’m not really a fan of any of these but I did like the home choices so I’m happy.

That's probably why it hasn't been seen since 1994/95!

We could/should have gone a bit more left field, say something like gold instead of yellow, as we've had yellow this year.

But not red. Ever.

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 16:00 - Mar 10 with 3078 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 15:28 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

These are the things when supporter input is vital. That’s a cracking idea for a home kit, it’d have sold really well too.

The point earlier up the thread about orange away kits and the one we had in the 90s: this came up at the original panel when going through the original survey where all fans could say what they liked in general colour terms; orange was a popular choice. Personally I’m not sure why, as it was mentioned how unpopular that 94/95 shirt was, especially with white as an additional colour. Getting the trim and shade of orange right was always going to be crucial. Again, a shame that wasn’t run by any interested fans via the Panel process as the home shirts were.

Cannot reiterate it enough, it doesn’t matter who wants to get involved but the opportunity is there for all fans and that alone made the Kit Panel a good starting point. To then not continue it as good practice almost immediately is baffling. But predictable.

Why should supporters do so in the future if it’s a ‘we’ll use the process when it suits’ situation.

Maybe a load of Dutch people completed the original survey. Or Blackpool fans!

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 16:34 - Mar 10 with 3004 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Maybe just me but I really like option 9 with the orange and retro style.
Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 18:08 - Mar 10 with 2865 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 16:34 - Mar 10 by jimmysbaldhead

Maybe just me but I really like option 9 with the orange and retro style.

Don’t like any of them, the red one (4) probably looks the best but it’s red ffs. 5 reminds me of Shrewsbury and Dean Spink, anything orange reminds me of Steve Walmsleys reasons for orange.

I have a shirt somewhere that’s green and red stripes going back to the early 80’s I guess but no idea where it came from or if it was a 3rd or away kit but it looked awful. Only saving grace was it did I not have Wirral on it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 19:03 - Mar 10 with 2774 viewsNorthernDale

Dale Away Kit 2023/2024 - Choices on 14:15 - Mar 10 by TomRAFC

Never really liked the red away kits, I expected the pink to have been more popular.

Shirt 8 or 9 for me, love that we're seeing some interesting designs. The orange makes me think of a kit we had in the 90s, didn't think of it as an Oldham colour.

I totally agree, I do like both 8 (yellow) and 9 (orange), I would suggest one for the official away kit and the other as the third kit, would be a sensible option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024