Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucas or Kean for Saturday? 14:02 - Sep 1 with 948 viewsD_Alien

I wasn't present at either the Oldham or QPR fixtures, so I can't comment on the merits of the performance by our keepers at those games. Did Kean lack confidence against Oldham? He seemed to be starting to find his feet in the games I'd seen him play before then. Did Lucas perform so well against QPR that he was undroppable?

It seems SE was going to go with Kean for league games, but the thought occurred to me that he gave Lucas his chance in the league against Hartlepool, not least because of Kean's "previous" with them (but this isn't about excluding players against former clubs - its obviously not the right thing to do unless there are extenuating circumstances we don't know about)

Unless Lucas had suddenly been able to sprout wings/turn into a world class keeper overnight, he couldn't really be faulted with any of the superb Hartlepool strikes leading to their goals

So, what will SE do next? If he drops Lucas immediately after dropping Kean, that smacks of indecision and very average man management skills. I'd be interested to hear other people's take on this - Lucas or Kean for Saturday?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024