Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub food 19:56 - Mar 18 with 2153 viewsDoris

Just come back from the success to the plough and must say it was very good again ,Patrick from the Ratcliffe runs this pub now and is starting to put a very good menu together,dont get me wrong there are a couple of things that hurt like the price of beer ( just like in the ratcliffe) but make no mistake the food is getting better and better. Sorry for the off topic plug but its worth a try when Pat has been so good in alot of ways for the club and fans alike .
Pub food on 20:00 - Mar 18 with 1207 viewsmaybee

It's a cracking pub, and is soon to become a Friend of the Trust, which will mean a discount off food for Trust members on production of their membership card.

Patrick is a fantastic bloke, and does a great deal of work to support the club and the Trust inparticular.
Pub food on 20:16 - Mar 18 with 1155 viewsDoris

Pub food on 20:00 - Mar 18 by maybee

It's a cracking pub, and is soon to become a Friend of the Trust, which will mean a discount off food for Trust members on production of their membership card.

Patrick is a fantastic bloke, and does a great deal of work to support the club and the Trust inparticular.

Best signing by miles would be the Ratcliffe and Pat.make no mistake this guy is a born winner,RAFC take hints off this guy about customer relations especially after today ,really top fella.The sheffield wed game me R17 and postie went into the Ratcliffe to get a drink ,6 deep at the bar so we walked out ,Pat saw this and went himself and got us our drinks ,you dont get this anywhere else .
Pub food on 20:36 - Mar 18 with 1112 viewsrochedale

Was in the Malthouse, Rishworth this tea time, very good it was too.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Pub food on 20:41 - Mar 18 with 1093 viewsDoris

Pub food on 20:36 - Mar 18 by rochedale

What do they do for RAFC ? or its fans.
Pub food on 21:38 - Mar 18 with 1017 viewsBigKindo

Pub food on 20:36 - Mar 18 by rochedale

Lucky you. On Mother's Day last year I took a party of seven, Little BigKindo's and partners etc., for a meal. Two main courses were inedible and returned to the kitchen. No longer on our list of places to eat.
Pub food on 22:41 - Mar 18 with 965 viewsR17ALE

Patrick is a top bloke and knows how to run a pub. JW Lees love him as he keeps their pumps flowing.

And, he wants the club and trust to do well.

He's very similar to JC really in looks and accent!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Pub food on 22:56 - Mar 18 with 943 viewsmr_fri_night

Pub food on 21:38 - Mar 18 by BigKindo

Lucky you. On Mother's Day last year I took a party of seven, Little BigKindo's and partners etc., for a meal. Two main courses were inedible and returned to the kitchen. No longer on our list of places to eat.

surprising that, Ive had a couple of great meals there.
Others to try are the Beehive over Blackstone Edge, Bulls Head at Ogden or North Star up High Crompton.
My fave at minute is Shepards Rest near Walsden. Thats excellent.
Pub food on 23:03 - Mar 18 with 936 viewssandylaner1

Login to get fewer ads

Pub food on 01:47 - Mar 19 with 874 viewsDale_Iain

Got to agree that Patrick is a top bloke. And he's got the fit brunette barmaid from the Dale Bar working at Success To The Plough as well. Fair play.
Pub food on 02:01 - Mar 19 with 871 viewssweetcorn

Pub food on 20:41 - Mar 18 by Doris

You started a thread about pub food and when you started it, your post had no relevance to rochdale, other than the plough being managed by the same person who has the ratcliffe arms.

Then suddenly when someone reveals a promotion being ran with the trust and someone else mentions another pub with good food, you get on your high horse and turn it into a what does this pub do for RAFC or its club.

This is a messageboard and not everything has to be about RochdaleAFC, so a thread about pub food seems like a pretty good place for him to talk about another place. The more and more i read of your posts the more you look like a contentious d*ck, who wants everyone to listen to their opinion, but unwilling to listen to everyone elses.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Pub food on 04:41 - Mar 19 with 850 viewsdownunder

Pub food on 02:01 - Mar 19 by sweetcorn

You started a thread about pub food and when you started it, your post had no relevance to rochdale, other than the plough being managed by the same person who has the ratcliffe arms.

Then suddenly when someone reveals a promotion being ran with the trust and someone else mentions another pub with good food, you get on your high horse and turn it into a what does this pub do for RAFC or its club.

This is a messageboard and not everything has to be about RochdaleAFC, so a thread about pub food seems like a pretty good place for him to talk about another place. The more and more i read of your posts the more you look like a contentious d*ck, who wants everyone to listen to their opinion, but unwilling to listen to everyone elses.

You have a point, but I think you have gone over the top in your condemnation of the OP.
For what its worth, I like the Plough, Rangiora. Pub or restaurant grub, Beer served by the Jug, betting shop and bottle store(off licence) attached, Sport on the TV. And no f**king pikeys or chavs within 9000 miles.
Pub food on 07:31 - Mar 19 with 820 viewsrochedale

Pub food on 22:56 - Mar 18 by mr_fri_night

surprising that, Ive had a couple of great meals there.
Others to try are the Beehive over Blackstone Edge, Bulls Head at Ogden or North Star up High Crompton.
My fave at minute is Shepards Rest near Walsden. Thats excellent.

The Beehive is good. We often eat at The Fox and The Turnpike, but my favourite over that way has to be the Spring Rock, cracking Sunday lunch and plenty of Sunday papers to catch up on the Saturdays futy.

Pub food on 07:32 - Mar 19 with 819 viewsrochedale

Pub food on 20:41 - Mar 18 by Doris

Nowt.

Pub food on 07:51 - Mar 19 with 805 viewsJumeirahDale

The best chefs from the Malthouse were moved on about 6 months ago to the owner's new venture - the Milestone pub a bit further down at Ripponden junction (next to the old Honest Lawyer, which has sadly shut down).

The food at the Milestone is excellent - very nice gastropub, done out well inside. They have a big Italian-style pizza oven in there as well. Give it a go.
Pub food on 09:48 - Mar 19 with 749 viewsmr_fri_night

Pub food on 07:51 - Mar 19 by JumeirahDale

The best chefs from the Malthouse were moved on about 6 months ago to the owner's new venture - the Milestone pub a bit further down at Ripponden junction (next to the old Honest Lawyer, which has sadly shut down).

The food at the Milestone is excellent - very nice gastropub, done out well inside. They have a big Italian-style pizza oven in there as well. Give it a go.

Thats good to know. Must say it was last summer when we last went so perhaps since then it has gone down hill. Seen the Milestone menu on the website and thought about going there at some point.
Pub food on 09:57 - Mar 19 with 736 viewsSandy_Lane

Not a pub, so probably not the right place for this. But if you haven't given The Old Bill in Oldham a go you are really missing out. Used to be one in Rochdale near Sinclairs, but it closed for some reason??

The lamb is unbelievable - make sure you're hungry though!
Pub food on 10:11 - Mar 19 with 714 viewsBigKindo

Pub food on 09:48 - Mar 19 by mr_fri_night

Thats good to know. Must say it was last summer when we last went so perhaps since then it has gone down hill. Seen the Milestone menu on the website and thought about going there at some point.

It's 12 months since we went to the Malthouse. We were asked to be there for 7-00pm. We arrived early. We got our first course at 8-00pm. They served one member of the party a risotto which had the consistancy of a First World War Mills bomb. Up to that point the staff had been amiable and attentive but their presence became less frequent when they realised that they had a major problem with the kitchen not being up to speed. After complaining about two mains the staff became non-existent, in particular the manager who from that point onwards avoided us at all costs. If the best chefs have left it makes you wonder what they are serving or attempting to serve at this time. If the better chefs have gone to the Milestone then I'll give it a miss.
Pub food on 10:16 - Mar 19 with 704 viewsDoris

If you have been reading my posts you will find 99% of what i say is total bollox and that is why most of it is unanswered by most of the posters on here,this bet i lost you were not the poster i expected to reply .

As for the other pubs mentioned ,most i have been in and are indeed very good ,will try the one in oldham soon .
Pub food on 10:19 - Mar 19 with 699 viewsDoris

Pub food on 07:32 - Mar 19 by rochedale

Nowt.

They stopped the 2 for a tenner ,now that was real value for money .
Pub food on 10:27 - Mar 19 with 689 viewsSFD

Oi Gobsh1te thanks for making me a tenner richer I owe you a pint if your old enough ?
Pub food on 10:49 - Mar 19 with 666 viewsnordenblue

You seem pretty quick to label someone a dick for an opinion,the irony of your post is a little bit special!
Pub food on 10:51 - Mar 19 with 664 viewsrochedale

Pub food on 10:19 - Mar 19 by Doris

They stopped the 2 for a tenner ,now that was real value for money .

They still do the 2 course for £10.50 and 3 course for £12.50.

I must say I have never had a bad meal there, and my missus is very hard to please. We were upstairs for the first time yesterday and very cool it was too.

Pub food on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 662 viewssweetcorn

Pub food on 10:27 - Mar 19 by SFD

Oi Gobsh1te thanks for making me a tenner richer I owe you a pint if your old enough ?

My mum says not to take gifts off strangers, got a sore botty ring last time i did.

Pub food on 10:54 - Mar 19 with 654 viewsSFD

Im sure your mummy meant only your dad is allowed to do that to you ?
Pub food on 10:56 - Mar 19 with 649 viewssweetcorn

I don't mind my dad doing it though? he allows me to take poppers and lubes me up correctly. Also he looks me in the eye as the once unpenetratable barrier is passed, which strangers don't. Last time i got sweets off a man, he left me with a ring hotter than the rim of a flaming sambuca glass.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024